xialin showdown

csyphrett

Re: xialin showdown

Page 15-

Jade saw the three ghosts retreat to gather up their power to attack again. Their master had already ascended the stairs, headed for the street in front of the restaurant.

It was up to Jade to save herself and Kagome.

Not wanting to give the enough time to gain more power Jade moves up and dose a spinning jump kick to the ghosts and kept on attacking fast and hard until they go down and blocking or dodging whenever she needed to.

The kick missed the ducking third ghost.

He retaliated with punch that Jade blocked.

Then Jade clawed him to streamers.

Jade slashed at the next ghost with her claws and tried to block any attacks.

The two exchange some sparring blows. Kagome shot an arrow at the other ghost, making him retreat up the stairs. He leaped across the room and cut across her body with his phantom sword. The shrine maiden collapsed in a pool of blood.

Jade looked shocked and screamed, " NOOOOO!!!! Damn you all will pay for this." Rage came over her face as she looked over to the ghosts and jumped at them with quick powerful attack and not letting up until they are gone and tried to block their attacks.

The second ghost repulsed Jade, blocking then slicing her with his glowing sword. She fell down the stairs, blood welling from the slice in her body. She landed close to Kagome at the feet of the first soldier. Something, possibly one of Kagome's arrows poked her back where she lay on the floor.

Jade ground her teeth as she reached behind her and grabbed whatever is poking her, hoping it's one of Kagome's arrows. She got up and stabbed at the ghost with it.

The ghost slashed the arrow, then Jade with a flicker of his blade. Blood flew as the heiress went down again. This might be the end.

Knowing she could not take much more and could not give up, for if she did, they would both die. Jade fought through the pain and kept on the attack, and trying to dodge as their lives depended on it.

She shouted, "No. I will not give up!" more to herself then to them.

Jade was able to drive it back and blocked the next attack. But a kick drove her back against the dry rack, shaking the unfolded boxes and cartons of spices.

Jade began to spend like a top, slashing with her fingernails. She ripped the ghost apart, sending ectoplasm everywhere.

The third ghost waited for you to stop before he attacked. He's not charging into a demon blender.

She stopped and waited for the last ghost to attack to do it again once it is close enough.

He kicked Jade back against the rack raising his sword for the finishing blow. She tried to spin out of the way and behind him quickly to attack. He blocked the attack, going for a slash. Jade slashed with her fingers, ripping the ghost in two before he brought the sword down.

The basement was empty except for the wounded Kagome.

Jade quickly checked on Kagome to make sure she was still alive and called for help.

Kagome is out of it, bleeding badly. She needed to have the bleeding stopped somehow.

Jade tried to stop the bleeding, at least try to slow it down until help can get there before she went after the other ghost.

The bandaging made Kagome look like a mummy but it worked, using her clothes for bandages.

Jade ran up the stairs.

There was no sign of Song Wing, the original ghost, or the Ghost King.

Jade found a hoof print in the street, pointing to the left.

Jade went back do to Kagome and waited for help to arrive to send some of the guys to follow the tracks for her.

Minutes later, the "hatchet" men arrived and started doing their jobs as professionally as criminal scum can, cleaning up the blood, taking Kagome to the doctor, repairing what they can. They insisted that Jade go to a doctor also.

She will but just for a quick patch up.

They took Jade in for stitches, bandages, medicine, the whole bag. She was stuck for a few hours.

She told them to hurry it up. She has things to do and can't waste time with all this.

Despite Jade's urging, the doctor and her men took their time.

She waited until the majority was patched up and said, "Screw the rest." She got up to leave.

The bodyguards block the way, saying no, she has to stay until she was well, then not go anywhere without them again.

Her dad has passed the word down.

She looked at him and said, "Don't screw with me. Get the hell out of the way, or you will be the one that will need the doctor."

The leader of the eight body guards said, "Mr Lee has spoken. You stay no matter how long, then you go home."

"And my father gave me a job to do and I plan on getting it done so now move or I will and you know I can. So just make it easy on yourselves and do as I say. If you have the guts, then came with me and be quick about it. But not you, or anyone, will stop me from doing what I need to do."

She moved to the door.

"We can't let you go" The leader of the body guards blocked the door. "Your father said go home."

"Don't make me move you or hurt you because if you try and stop me I will hurt you. I will deal with my father after I am done."

The bodyguard zapped Jade with a taser from behind. Then they knocked Jade out.

Jade woke up in her room on the second floor of her house, locked in. Jade went to her window and checked it. It's nailed shut. She could see the bright heads of the nails buried in the wood.

She cut the glass with her nails to get out. The glass popped out easily enough. She quickly got dress and jumped out the window to the tree by her window and made her way by running and jumping from tree to tree, then to the wall and over. She kept out of sight and as quiet as she could.

It hurt but Jade easily made it over the wall but she had no money, car, phone, and anyone who knew her would report her to her father.

Jade did have everything she needed in a storage that nobody knew about. She had been putting money and things she might need in hiding just in case something ever happened to her, or her family.

She walked there, taking the back streets.

Jade made it to Far East Self Storage without being recognized, the spare key to the lock is where she hid it so she didn't have to break it open. All her supplies were there.

She took what she needed and left the rest and drove her Mustang out of the storage unit and locked up then headed back out to try and find the tracks herself.

Once she was on the road she called Johnny Woo.

Returning to the scene of the crime, Jade found that one hoof print. She tried to see if she could find more and where they led too.

Driving around, she found another hoofprint heading west. She kept on following it and call Mr Woo to see if he will help.

"Hello, Miss Lee. It's always a pleasure to hear from you."

"Hello Mr. Woo, I'm sorry but I'm just going to cut to the point.. I'm call you to see if you willing to help me out with a problem I am having without talking to my father."

"I am very expensive, and very discrete. Don't tell me you want to kill your father."

"No and don't even play that way."

"So what is the nature of your problem?"

"I need some help tracking down and taking of the ghost problem, and getting back what he took."

"It seems like you need a ghost expert. That's not me."

"Been there done that. I need the big guns now. I need your help."

"I'll call around. If you are avoiding your father, I suggest you stay out of China town until we know what's going on. Go to ground somewhere cheap. What's your phone number?"

"Fine. My number is 479-9623, and thanks."

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Page 16-

After a couple of hours of driving around, Jade's phone rang. She knew it had to be Jonny Woo, calling to say he had found an expert to help her.

Jade grabbed her cell and pushed talk and said, "Hello?"

"Miss Lee, I have secured an expert that can help us with information. If you will meet me at Buso University, we can visit him at his office on campus." Jonny Woo's voice paused, maybe to take a puff of a Marlboro. "His name is Gadd. I'll be looking out for you at the front office."

"Sure thing Mr. Woo I will be there in about 20 minutes. Oh and thank you, see you soon." Jade drove to the University.

The old BU was a set of buildings surrounding a hexagon courtyard in the center. The administration building faced the entrance street, brick and white shutters. Jonny Woo stood on the steps, dressed in his usual black suit and red tie.

Jade parked her car, got out of her car, and quickly looked around to make sure no one else was there then quickly walked over to Mr. Woo. She said, "Good evening Mr Woo, and thanks for waiting. I hope I didn't make you wait for long."

"No problem." Jonny pointed at one of the buildings across the campus. "Dr. Gadd's office is over in the science building. I called for an appointment. We should get there just in time."

"Then we better not be late," said Jade as she started walking to the science building.

The three story brick building could have been from anywhere. Plain windows formed rows from one end of the face to the other. Doors weren't on the front, they were on the sides.

Inside either end, a staircase led up to the other two floors. A sign posted room numbers and teach names for each. Gadd's room and office sat on the third floor according to the sign.

The empty room sat beside a wooden door with a pebbled glass front. It looked a little different than the other office doors on the floor that Jade saw.

Jonny Woo knocked on the door, waited for a come in, then entered the office.

Jade followed Mr. Woo into the room and walked over to Mr. Gadd and said, "Good evening, Mr. Gadd. Thank you for seeing us."

"Doctor." The small, almost bald man said. Round glasses made his eyes seem like little spots. "It's Doctor Gadd. What can I do for you? Mr. Woo wasn't really specific on the phone."

• 3 weeks later...

Page 17-

"Sorry DR. Gadd, I need some help tracking down a ghost that attacked my family's Tea House It called itself the Ghost King and he took something that was hidden in my tea house and I would like to get it back and to restore the trust my father had in me," said Jade.

"The Ghost King." the little professor looked around his cluttered office. Tons of paper competed with arcane structures with no apparent use. "That's a name I haven't heard in a long time. So he took something from your tea house? Did you happen to see it?"

"So you know of this Ghost King then? Yes, like I said, but, no, I did not see what he took. I was too busy fighting for my life," said Jade.

"I've dealt with him a couple of times. nasty customer, especially with that pot of his." Dr. Gadd pulled out a drawing of the cauldron Jade had observed. "It calls up ectoplasm and the ectoplasm becomes something solid."

"Yeah, that's what he had, and yeah they do. I had to fight them. So will you help me Dr. Gadd?,"

said Jade.

"I don't see why not." Gadd put several devices in a bag. "My car is in the parking lot. We can look at your tea house and see if all the ghosts are gone. Maybe try to figure out what he took. I have some notes on some things."

The little guy smiled with his one tooth, and coke bottle glasses.

• 1 month later...

Page 18-

"Great, you can follow me over there but first before we go, I need you, Mr Woo to head over there and make sure there is no one is there, please. We will not be far behind you. And if it is safe, then call my cell phone," said Jade.

"It will be my pleasure." The mercenary left with an adjustment of his fedora.

Jade received the all clear after she led Dr. Gadd in his own antique vehicle across town. The Tea House was silent as the grave as she approached.

Jade parked around back and led Dr.Gadd and Mr Woo into the Tea House as she said, "Come on, I will show you where it all happened, but we must hurry and be careful."

"No problem, young lady." Dr. Gadd pulled out a square device the size of a cell phone. He hit a switch and it started beeping angrily at him. "Your first ghost is still here. Pretty close too. I'll have to get my equipment from the car."

"Oh, just great. This is the last thing we need is to have him still here. Here let me help you get your things then," said Jade as she went with the Doctor to get his things.

Dr. Gadd pulled out a machine that looked like a giant fan hooked to a vacuum. He pulled the straps on, buckling the thing to his back. He staggered under the weight. He hung the detector on a hook and pulled on goggles that lit up when he pressed a switch on the side of the lens.

"Let's see if we can get your ghost." Dr. Gadd waddled back toward the tea house, turning the fan on as he went. The back pack seemed to pick up his step.

• 1 month later...

page 19-

Dr. Gadd led the way to the upper deck, his monitor beeping excitedly as he walked out on the wood floor. He pulled a vacuum hose off the side of his machine, starting the fan with a press of his thumb.

"He's close, real close." Dr. Gadd pulled the goggles down as he looked around.

Jade felt a chill in the air, her breath forming a fog in front of her.

"Yes, I know he is. I can feel him near by." Jade looked around.

"What are you doing in my beautiful house?" The ancient master appeared, frosting the floor with his presence.

Gadd aimed the vacuum at the ghost and pulled the trigger. The stream missed as the ghost jumped out of the way. It swept his hand down, hurling blue energy at the doctor. The little man headed for the balcony, flying toward the edge to the street below.

Jade quickly leapt over to keep him from falling over the balcony. She grabbed a leg to stop the doctor from falling to the street below.

"Pull me up! Pull me up!" Gadd's pockets started emptying because of the dangling.

Gunfire rocked the night as Jonny Woo shot into the ghost with pistols in both hands.

Jade quickly pulled Dr.Gadd up as she said, "Are you all right? Oh and next time please jump the other way away from the balcony."

"I was pushed if you don't mind." Dr. Gadd hit the switch on his equipment, reving the fan up. He pointed the hose end at the disturbed ghost. Jonny Woo caught another of those waves, sending him toward the stairs. The doctor pressed a button that turned on a light under the hose.

The flashlight beam hit the ghost, the fan started whining as Song slid toward the machine. He tried to pull away but was torn to shreds and vacuumed out of the air. The detector turned green.

"Oh, I am sorry. I did not know. So I'm guessing that means you got the ghost?," said Jade as she looked at the green light flashing on the machine.

"I'm sure of it." Dr. Gadd swept the detector around. "It looks like you're clean at the moment, young lady."

"That is great. Now let us move down to the cellar." Jade led the way downstairs.

"Right behind you, young lady." Dr. Gadd followed Jade to the stairs. They found Jonny Woo getting up from his rough landing from where he had been hit by the ghost wave.

• 2 months later...

Page 20-

Jade rushed over and helped Jonny up. She asked, "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." Jonny reloaded. "So we're going into the basement? Why?"

Dr. Gadd let the fan push him along, holding the sensory instrument in front of him. It beeped a few times before turning green.

"It's clean down here also." He swept the flashlight around to look the place over.

"That is good. So what do we do now?," asked Jade.

"My job is done." Jonny Woo held out his hand. "Time to pay up."

"I'm going to put this ghost where it belongs." Dr. Gadd dropped the machine to the floor. "My work seems to be done also without the proper equipment."

"Oh, sure thing and thank you very much Mr. Woo, and Dr. Gadd. So how much do I owe you both for your help?," said Jade.

"Ten K." Jonny Woo brushed off his suit. "No checks, no credit."

"Ten K?" Dr. Gadd looked astounded.

"Sure thing Mr. Woo. But you know I don't carry that kind of money around with me. So I will have to give it to you when I get to my place. Okay? And as for you, Dr. Gadd, how much do I owe you?," asked Jade.

"Nothing." Dr. Gadd smiled. "Your restaurant should be ready to reopen anytime."

Jade smiled and bowed and said, "Thank you kindly, Dr. Gadd, but please at least come in when we reopen and be our honored guest."

"I will be glad to do that." Dr. Gadd waddled off with his vacuum cleaner.

"Are you sure you can pay?" Jonny Woo made a finger and thumb rubbing gesture. "I thought your dad had you on a short lease."

"Yes, I'm sure but it may take a little time because I don't have that kind of money just laying around, so you may need to wait for me to get all of the money. Don't worry I can give you what I have now and the rest later. Oh, and if I were you I would kindly watch what I say Mr. Woo," said Jade in a cold voice and with a hard look on her face.

"I say what I mean and mean what I say." Mr. Woo gestured for her to go ahead. "The job's done, and a deal is a deal."

• 3 weeks later...

Page 21-

"And I mean what I said as well, I can give you what I have, and the rest later when I get it. Or if you like YOU can get the rest from my Father." Jade walked up the stairs to head back out.

"Makes no difference to me." Jonny Woo followed at a short distance. He had obviously seen her claws in action just as she had seen his quick draw with the hand guns he carried. "I'll be glad to talk to your father."

Jade heard slamming doors as she reached the top of the stairs.

Jade rushed over to see who or what slammed the door.

Her father's staff were coming out of their cars. They didn't look happy. They must be there looking for her.

Her father's staff were coming out of their cars. They didn't look happy. They must be there looking for her.

"Oh hell! Here comes my father's men." Jade turned and looked at Mr. Woo and said, "Well, here is you chance you can stay and get to talk to my father or you can go. It's up to you."

"I don't have a problem talking to him." Jonny Woo shrugged. "Will he cover my fee?"

"That's good then because you will have your chance real soon. And as for him paying you your asking price I don't know you will just have to find out yourself." Jade walked over to a chair and picked it back up on it legs to sit down to wait.

The men walked into the restaurant, then up to the dining room where Jonny and Jade waited patiently. They fanned out respectfully around the two.

"Please come with us, Miss Lee." The head guard gestured. "You were not supposed to leave the house."

"Sure, no problem. You know it sure did take you a long time to find me and get here," said Jade as she gracefully stood up and walked over to the head guard and stopped in front of him and softly rubbed his face and said, "Oh by the way, I finished my duty. The Tea House is now safe." Once that was said and she started to walk out of the room.

"Your father is sending you home to China, Miss Lee." The head guard gestured for some of the men to fall in behind Jade to separate her from Jonny Woo. "We're here to take you to the airport."

"Hold on." Jonny held up a hand. "She owes me money."

"Not our problem." The head guard waved for the men to start taking Jade downstairs.

"What? No, I will not go until I speak with my father first. I want him to tell me he no longer wants me here by his side. And if you know what is good for you, you will take me to him." Jade had a cold hard look on her face and in her voice.

"My orders are clear." The guards seized Jade. "Your bags, passport, tickets are in the car. You're flight leaves in an hour."

They started hustling her to the car.

• 1 month later...

"Unhand me NOW," shouted Jade as she jerked away from the guard. Then she said, "I know you don't want a fight again so I will say it again. I want to talk to my father first. If you don't let me I will fight you all and I really don't want to do that."

"We have our orders." The head guard gestured for her to move on. "Your father wants you on the way back to China. Don't make this any harder than it has to be."

Jade jumped up into the air and did a double roundhouse kick, then landed and does a sweep around with her leg against the rest of the group.

Jade's move made the men jump back out of range. They fell into defensive positions, still surrounding her. She could see they didn't want to fight her, but was more scared of her father.

"Do not force the issue, Miss Lee." The head guard was also in a defensive position, at the back of the wall of men. "Once you are in China, I'm sure you will be able to call your father from the nunnery."

Jade looked at the head guard as she too is in a defensive position and said, "Going home to China, and I mean HOME, is one thing! But going to a Damn NUNNERY IS OUT OF THE QUESTION!"

Jonny Woo hit the head guard on the back of the head with the butt of his pistol.

"No one is going anywhere until I get my money." He pointed the pistol at the guards. "Don't make me shoot the girl. Back up and out of the way. Get in the car, Miss Lee."

He waited for someone to make a move.

Jade looked a bit shocked and said, "What in the world do you think you doing Mr. Woo?"

But she does listen to him and started to slowly move out to her car because she does not want her men hurt in that way.

"Everybody line up facing the wall." Woo gestured with his pistol. "That way everybody is busy while I go talk to Mr. Lee. Lean on it and hold the wall up."

He kept an eye on them as he descended to the passenger side of the car.

"You drive, Miss Lee." He got in the passenger seat, still covering the guards so they wouldn't do anything foolish.

Jade started the car and put it in drive and took off quickly as she said, "That was not a very smart thing to do, you know, but I am grateful for the help out of there, but you should know my father will not take this well."

"All I want is my money." The mercenary held the weapon on his lap. "Your father won't do anything as long I have you in harm's way. You're his only chink in his armor. I'll explain the situation and I will be paid."

Jade said, "My father is a good man and we may not always see things the same way. I'm not too sure if you will get your money, let alone be able to walk out after this." She drove to her home.

"Your father runs one of the most ruthless syndicates in business." Jonny Woo watched everything as they drove. "I doubt that qualifies him as being a good man. Even Hitler liked puppies."

Jade tried to stay calm as she said, "My father is still a good man in my eyes. He is good to his family and his friends, but yes, I know he is a bit ruthless to his enemies. And so am I at times so if I was you I would not ever... ever compare my father to Hitler."

"As long as he pays my money, he can be whomever you want him to be." Jonny Woo smiled. "If I were you, I would be thinking about what the inside of a nunnery looks like."

The gates to the Lee Mansion appeared and drew closer as Jade drove along.

The guards at the front gate raised their weapons to point at the car. It was clear they didn't know whether they should try and shoot, or let the car pass.

• 2 months later...

page 23-

Jade slowly drove up to the door, parked, and said, "I hope you are ready for this." Then she slowly got out of the car and started walking to the door. "Guys, please move out of the way. I really don't want any of you getting hurt."

The guards stepped out of the way silently. They held their weapons in plain view but no one pointed them at the two's direction. That could change at a moment's notice.

Lau, a retainer from Bob Lee's last days in Hong Kong, gestured for them to go to the library.

Bob did some of his more legal business from there.

Jade nodded her head in thanks and walked into the library.

Bob Lee stood behind his desk, his imposing bulk carried lightly in his customary Hawaiian shirt and cargo shorts. He didn't look like a dangerous crime lord.

"Daughter, why must you disobey me?" He sounded restrained. "And you bring this mercenary with you to defy me."

He shook his head.

• 3 months later...

Jade rolled down her window and said, "Please. Just open the gate."

"You heard the lady." Jonny Woo made sure they knew he could shoot long before they killed him. "We're just here to talk to Mr. Lee."

The guards let them pass. They held their guns pointed at the car, but did nothing to prevent Jade from driving through to the house itself. More guards waited at the doors.

Jade slowly drove up to the door, parked, and said, "I hope you are ready for this." Then she slowly got out of the car and started walking to the door. "Guys, please move out of the way. I really don't want any of you getting hurt."

The guards stepped out of the way silently. They held their weapons in plain view but no one pointed them at the two's direction. That could change at a moment's notice.

Lau, a retainer from Bob Lee's last days in Hong Kong, gestured for them to go to the library.

Bob did some of his more legal business from there.

Jade nodded her head in thanks and walked into the library.

Bob Lee stood behind his desk, his imposing bulk carried lightly in his customary Hawaiian shirt and cargo shorts. He didn't look like a dangerous crime lord.

"Daughter, why must you disobey me?" He sounded restrained. "And you bring this mercenary with you to defy me."

He shook his head.

"You will obey me, daughter." Bob Lee slammed his fist on the desk hard enough to make it shake. "You will go to the nunnery and learn the proper manners of gentlewoman."

Jonny Woo lit up a cigarette.

"Otherwise I will have to make an example of you, and this mercenary."

"I will not go Father because you did not raise me to be a 'gentlewoman.' You raised me to be a fighter and to always get the job done no matter what it may cost. So that is what I did, I got the job done. And The Tea House is safe now from the ghost. And I am sorry for not listening to you, about staying in my room, but I did what had to be done for the family." Jade stood before her father.

"I raised you to take over for me and obey my wishes." Bob Lee glowered at the two of them. "If you cannot do that, you will embarrass me in front of my associates and my enemies. You will go home, and stay at the nunnery until you learn proper respect."

"I am very sorry that I disobeyed you, so fine. If you don't want me anymore then I will go home to grandfather, but I will not go to the nunnery because you know as well as I do they will try and change everything about me, and I will not and cannot have that. I have worked so hard to be the best for you and the family, please Father, don't make me go. I will do better..I'll make you proud of me again, just don't send me to the nunnery," begged Jade.

"I'll take the girl to the nunnery." Jonny Woo let the smoke drift around him like white doves. "First I want the ten k she already owes me, then ten more to take her back to China."

"What? Are you out of your mind? You can't do this." Jade had a shocked look on her face. Then she looked at her father to see what he had to say.

"Any daughter of mine will accept my authority." Bob Lee waved his hand. "You will get your money for working for Jade at the Tea House. After that, I don't want to see you."

He gestured for two of Jade's guards to come forward.

"Take my daughter to the airport."

"Fine, I will go," said Jade through clinched teeth and she nodded to her father quickly and turned away and started to walk out the door.

"Thanks, old man." Jonny Woo's voice preceded the sound of writing and tearing paper. "Nice working for you again."

The guards took Jade to a spare limo and allowed her to sit in the back as they drove towards the airport. Maybe a nunnery wouldn't be so bad. Still she had hours of flight time to plan what she was going to do when she reached Hong Kong.

• 1 month later...

Jade heard the buzz tone of her phone in her bag as she rode in the back of the limo, surrounded by guards. Her father certainly wasn't calling after making a critical decision for her future as he did.

That left the mercenary, the abbot from the temple, and Dr. Gadd.

Wondering who could be calling her, Jade dug in her bag and grabbed her phone. "Hello."

"This is Dr. Gadd." the high pitched kid's voice bubbled over the phone. "I have those readings from your restaurant. They're extremely unique."

"Oh really, so tell me what does that mean?," asked Jade.

"Whatever the Ghost King took, it left behind a signature." Something clanked in the background. "If I had a strong enough detector, I could probably find it again if he carried it in public."

"That's good, but I can not help you right now if that is what you are wanting, because I am on my way to the airport. So if you need anything you will need to talk to my father, Dr.Gadd. Oh and if I may ask what is all the noise I keep hearing in the background?," said Jade.

"You can't go to the airport." Dr. Gadd seemed to be banging something with a wrench. "This could be bad for you personally."

"What? How will it be bad for me if I leave, which I have to my father does not want me here anymore. So what is it you want me to do?," snapped Jade.

"I have another signature on my equipment." Dr. Gadd's voice was suddenly clear of background noise. "I believe the ghost king will strike at that site."

• 3 weeks later...

page 26-

"And where will that be?, "asked Jade.

The address given was familiar. It's her former home.

"Oh crap. Thank you." She said to her driver and guard, "We need to go back to the house now! Father is in danger, Please take me back and after he is safe, I will go to the airport."

"You know we can't do that, Miss Lee." The driver didn't bother to turn around to look at her.

"Please! You have to take me back my father and everyone there is in great danger!," shouted Jade.

"We'll call." The driver gestured to his partner. "A warning should be all right."

The other bodyguard pulled out his cell phone and started dialing the main house.

• 4 weeks later...

page 27-

Jade was trapped in the back of a bulletproof limo with two men more afraid of her father than her. Even though they were calling the main house, that didn't mean anyone would believe them and take precautions. Still Jade had options that other people didn't have.

She could reach in front and take on the guards and take the limo. The guards would be afraid to hurt her seriously.

She could jump from the vehicle and try to get back to the house before there was any problems.

She could enjoy her ride out of the country and let her father deal with the problem as best he could without the access to the specialized knowledge that she had.

Jade will try and take the car so she moved up and punched the first guard really hard, hopefully knocking him out, then she will hit the driver.

The guard never saw the fist that knocked out his lights.

The driver looked over to see what was going on. He put on the brakes so the car wouldn't crash. He looked ready to try to defend himself from the boss's daughter.

Jade tried to knock him out as well.

The driver couldn't stop Jade's tiger claw. His head rebounded off the window. He looked down and out.

Jade quickly got out of the car and pulled the driver out and pushed the guard out of the car. She got in and took off for home.

Jade rolled through the city, spotting dark clouds over Chinatown. As she arrived at the gate to the mansion, she felt an iciness in the air.

• 1 month later...

Page 28-

Jade quickly drove up to the house and once stopped, she jumped out of the car and ran up the steps and into the house.

She heard gunfire in her father's study, shouting toward the back of the house toward the dining area, and something exploding upstairs.

And somewhere a dog barked.

Jade quickly ran to her father's study.

One of the black garbed ghosts that had taken the ghost king's prize from her laughed as bullets punched through him, decorating the halls with holes. She could maybe drive him off with her special techniques but knew that was only temporary without Dr. Gadd's devices.