Green Lantern Powers

Mightybec

Re: Green Lantern Powers

Originally posted by Mightybec

Has anyong worked out the powers and cost in 5th Ed for a Green Lantern ring? I was quite impresses with him cutting an armored car in half on the Justice League cartoon.

Mightybec

No, but they should consider buying summoning for some of Hal Jordan's effects (he says as he spits into the wind.)

Ah, futility.

Re: Green Lantern Powers

Originally posted by Mightybec

Has anyong worked out the powers and cost in 5th Ed for a Green Lantern ring? I was quite impresses with him cutting an armored car in half on the Justice League cartoon.

Hrm. I'd probably buy it like this (for the Kyle Rayner ring):

Variable Power Pool: Green Lantern Ring

Active Points: 120

0 Phase to Change +1, must make EGO roll to use more than 60 Active Points -1/4, must continue to make EGO rolls for every phase using more than 60 Active Points -1/4

Cost: 210

and

Endurance Reserve (END: 400, Recovery: 100, OAF Green Lantern Battery -1)

Cost: 70

The EGO roll simulates the whole "ring powered by willpower" thing. I mean, you could buy it as a Multipower, but that seems silly, given the huge variance in effects it has. He's used it for Armor, Life Support, Telekinesis, Energy Blasts (with special effects ranging from bonking to heat blasts), Desolidification, etc. etc. etc.

That's my two cents.

--->M@ss

Originally posted by Superskrull

You are going to buy the Flight, LS, force Field and whatnots seperate from the VPP, right? I don't recall Hal's Universal Translator conking out while he "focused every trace of his willpower" and produced whatever it was he was doing, nor did he usually plummet from the sky.

I think it's up to the player, but yes, I'd certainly do that. Basically, I'd put in anything a GL uses subconsciously into a Multipower, but I'd probably limit the top end.

There were many instances where various GLs used the ring to bolster commonly used powers; so, the VPP might get a +1/2 Advantage of "Can Stack Onto Ring Based Multipowers."

Oh, yeah, and I'm a dolt. Both the END Reserve and VPP should take a Limitation of OIF "GL Ring" -1/2.

If you're doing an old style GL ring, you'd also add into the VPP a Limitation of "Doesn't Affect Anything Colored Yellow" -1/2. Normally, I'd give that a -1/4, but everybody seems to know about it.

And the END Reserve would go away entirely, in favor of the VPP taking a single Charge that lasts all day for a -0 Limitation, and a -1/2 Limitation to simulate "Must have GL Battery and say incantation to recover charge."

--->M@ss

Re: Re: Green Lantern Powers

Originally posted by ProfessorM@ss

Hrm. I'd probably buy it like this (for the Kyle Rayner ring):

Variable Power Pool: Green Lantern Ring

Active Points: 120

0 Phase to Change +1, must make EGO roll to use more than 60 Active Points -1/4, must continue to make EGO rolls for every phase using more than 60 Active Points -1/4

Cost: 210

and

Endurance Reserve (END: 400, Recovery: 100, OAF Green Lantern Battery -1)

Cost: 70

The EGO roll simulates the whole "ring powered by willpower" thing. I mean, you could buy it as a Multipower, but that seems silly, given the huge variance in effects it has. He's used it for Armor, Life Support, Telekinesis, Energy Blasts (with special effects ranging from bonking to heat blasts), Desolidification, etc. etc. etc.

That's my two cents.

--->M@ss

That's probably the best way to go, but it's hardly 'FUN'...

I'd make a REALLY big Multipower. EB, Telekenesis, Entangles and then place the flight, ls, forcefield apart from the MP.

As far as powers go I would list:

Attack Powers:

Physical Energy Blast

Telekinesis

Physical Ranged Killing Attack

Hand-To-Hand Attack

Entangle

Defensive Powers:

Force Field (could also be bought as Armor)

Force Wall

Other Powers:

Flight

FTL

Images

Life Support UBO

HRRH with Mega-Scale

Universal Translator

There might be more, but those are the ones most frequently used. Everything else could just be part of a small VPP (this would cover things like Telescopic sense or Clairsentience, etc).

Originally posted by Monolith

There might be more, but those are the ones most frequently used. Everything else could just be part of a small VPP (this would cover things like Telescopic sense or Clairsentience, etc). [/b]

I'd buy that MP with Variable Advantage (for up to +1 worth of Advantages) and Variable Special Effects, then. How else to duplicate "Area of Effect" attacks (which GL uses constantly), and the differences in special effects (i.e. burning, smashing, etc.)?

--->M@ss