Help with alternate U.S. history?

lynnlefey

Re: Help with alternate U.S. history?

Email me, and I could send you the 1st/2nd draft of my alternate history of the US (and the world) for KAZEI 5. I start back in the 1930s (and technically, earlier), although the true mess doesn't begin until the 1980s.

Hmm.... killing Reagen... tempting twist to history....

In this alternate world, The United States is fractured into five separate nations, although they are now on reasonably good terms.

The division is: Pacific Union (Washington, Origon, California, and Utah), Union of Texas (Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma), The Christian Coalition (Missouri, Kentucky, Tennesee, North Carolina, and all states south of that line), Union of New England (Virginia, Maryland, Pensylvania, and all states northeast, and the Midwest Union, containing all other states.

Thoughts appreciated.

You know, I could see something like this actually happening in 50-60 years, if the red state/blue state divide increases (but then I haven't been in the US in years, so I might be totally off).

The entire point of this exercize was to make Missouri in an alternate world something like a Fascist state, with persecution of 'Undesirables'. The 'Christian Coalition' is indeed a Theocracy, and a very severe one.

Assuming this is for a game that will take place within Missouri - just focus on Missouri, deal with the rest only superficially if at all. If the PCs are all too young to remember the pre-fracture USA, even better: "Here's the official history of the last 30yrs, and here's the rebel's view" - neither of which are entirely accurate of course.

I would definitely put Virginia with the Christian extremist nation. Although it is also possible that Northern Virginia (which is much less southern and far more cosmopolitan than the rest of the state) might split off and join New England/Middle Atlantic, or perhaps even exist as its own small country, ekeing out an existence as buffer state.

This is a thought to consider that not all states may end up going with one of the new nations or the other, but may be split between two or more. In your scenario you imagine a number of "centrifugal" forces at work causing states to split from eachother. The thing is those forces may continue down to the intrastate level as well. You can expect alot of conflict within states and between states when there is no Federal unifying force.

Washington conservative? Ummm... not from what I can find.

It voted Kerry in 2004, and has 6 Democratic representatives as opposed to 3 conservative ones; Brian Baird D, Norman D. Dicks D, Doc Hastings R, Jay Inslee D, Rick Larson D, Jim McDermott D, Cathy McMorris R, David G. Reichert R, Adam Smith D