Rocket-propelled Chainsaw

Susano

Re: Rocket-propelled Chainsaw

Just one more thing...

Add: +2 OCV for Ranged Attack, OAF, doesn't work in smoke or fog

LASER-GUIDED Rocket-Porpelled Chainsaws!!!

If you use infrared lasers, fog & smoke wouldn't stop the guidance! :D :D :D

Neat, but I still can't rep ya for it.

(Now I am vaguely tempted to write up the van from the old Car Wars story "And Of Course, It was Black.")

"She named Billy Joe Rob junior after his dads. Don't ask."

Thanks to that tale, I now have images of Telios as a Redneck commanding Billy Bob Ray Joe Bob 4 to fetch him a chicken fried steak.

I don't know what a chicken fried steak is. And I don't want to know what Telios' chicken fried steak is.

A chicken fried steak is a steak (usually not as good a cut as a normal steak, and sometimes ground beef) that is battered and fried (in a manner similar to fried chicken). They are usually served with white gravy, and are quite tasty if prepared correctly.

I, too, do not want to know what Telios' chicken-fried steak is or where it comes from.

"She named Billy Joe Rob junior after his dads. Don't ask."

My all time favorite line from that story

A chicken fried steak is a steak (usually not as good a cut as a normal steak, and sometimes ground beef) that is battered and fried (in a manner similar to fried chicken). They are usually served with white gravy, and are quite tasty if prepared correctly.

I, too, do not want to know what Telios' chicken-fried steak is or where it comes from.

I was at Denny's this morning and they have Chicken Fried Chicken on the menu.

I was kinda :nonp: at that

Stabilizing fins are nice and all, but I would think you'd also need a gyroscope in the housing core to counteract the rotational force of the spinning chain.

I mean, come on...if you're going to design a Rocket Propelled Chainsaw, at least make it realistic! :P

Great stuff.

- Vassoom

Actually, the first extension I was thinking of involved taking 6 chainsaws and arranging them into a tetrahedron. Put the rocket motor on one inside apex of the tetrahedron (pointing down through the opposite tetrahedron face, which has the effect of making the thing more dynamically stable in flight, so that infrared laser guidance still works :rolleyes:), and bleed off rocket power to drive the motion of the chains as well as the flight of the unit. Make the fuel reserve large, but with a timer on the throttle so that the flight portion of the rocket thrust lasts only as long as you need (which wouldn't have to be long) but continues to power the saw-chains for an extended period.

(Downside: this loses the self-ignition of the saw motor fuel and the "flaming" adder goes away :( ... unless you add it back in with some extra incendiary units added to the inside around the other apexes of the tetrahedron :eg: ...)

The advantage to that is all the "edges" of the tetrahedron have the chainsaw action, so that once the unit has reached the target area it doesn't matter how its oriented. And with all the chain drives going at once, as long as the teeth on the saws and the torque driving the chains are large enough, then the units will bounce around chaotically as the sawblades cause recoil off whatever they chew up. In HERO terms, add Continuous, Uncontrolled, AE, a bunch of range and endurance modifiers....

That would probably not be man portable, but it would be more of a bombardment weapon, suitable for "softening up" areas. And best, it could be an effective indirect fire weapon! Get a dozen of these things and you could launch them into an opponent's assembly areas, and that would be just spiffy.

I'm still thinking about the next step: strategic intercontinental ballistic nuclear powered rocket-propelled chainsaws. :eek:

If you use infrared lasers' date=' fog & smoke wouldn't stop the guidance! :D :D :D[/quote']

Give them extra Visibility, for the intimidation factor :D

I was at Denny's this morning and they have Chicken Fried Chicken on the menu.

I was kinda :nonp: at that

The meat there is not necessarily chicken. Thus, their identification of it as such is not redundant :ugly:

I keep picturing Ash having an evilgasm of this.

"Good, bad, I'm the guy with the freaking wrist-mounted rocket propelled chainsaw. Hail to the King, baby."

I am SO stealing this weapon for my campaign. I picture an army of monkey ninjas using it...ON FIRE!