Vehicle: Post-Apocalyptic Combat Car

Susano

Re: Vehicle: Post-Apocalyptic Combat Car

Ah! OK, that's the ram...

Except it looks like it'll ram snails and not a whole lot more. I might accept that it isn't quite scraping the ground, but I really think it is. At best, it has enough ground clearance to go over a half-crushed beer can.

OTOH, I believe it's possible this vehicle tried to straddle an I-beam that happened to be lying around, had one end of the I-beam catch on the undercarriage, and the I-beam then skewered the back of the vehicle, bringing it to an impailed halt.

Coolly weird, in any case.

I'm guessing that (assuming for the moment you're not correct :D) if it really is a ram, it's purpose is to knock a breach in a street barricade so the car can then plow through, rather than actually be used as a weapon, per se.

whats wrong with Car Wars Sillyness, makes me want to dust off my copy of Audoduel Champions...

hmmm.... time for a halftrack motorcycle...

I have the stats for the WW2 Kettenkrad around here

Ohhh... that would be cool!

Cool! Now let's see the stats of the Landmaster from Damnation Alley! They could duke it out in the blasted wastelands of post-holocaust Chicago in the terrible year of 1998 (at least, according to many post-apoc movies of the 70s...)

Oh, and a longer video of the GIR's Doom Song can be found here, just so you know how long the song is. If I owned the car, I'd make the Doom Song my horn noise!

Cool! Now let's see the stats of the Landmaster from Damnation Alley! They could duke it out in the blasted wastelands of post-holocaust Chicago in the terrible year of 1998 (at least' date=' according to many post-apoc movies of the 70s...[/quote']

I already did:

http://surbrook.devermore.net/adaptionsvehicles/damnationalley.html

Some of you are thinking too hard about this....

:P

I always think too much about PostApoc cars...they're NEAT!

That, and I'm friends with a guy from SF who runs a hobbist garage and belongs to the Burningman DMV (Department of Mutant Vehices)

Here's a pic of his old car, "Rogue"

R.I.P.

(it got all blowed up by a molotov cocktail... good thing the flamethrower tanks were empty at the time, as was the acetylene tank that fired the "machine gun")

I always think too much about PostApoc cars...they're NEAT!

That, and I'm friends with a guy from SF who runs a hobbist garage and belongs to the Burningman DMV (Department of Mutant Vehices)

Here's a pic of his old car, "Rogue"

R.I.P.

(it got all blowed up by a molotov cocktail... good thing the flamethrower tanks were empty at the time, as was the acetylene tank that fired the "machine gun")

Any more pictures like this? I could make more character sheets.

:confused: WTF??:confused:

Story please.

I'm not sure of the whole story but its not urban combat related or anything...

As far as I know a somewhat unhinged guy firebombed it as it was parked outside his shop in retaliation for some imagined insult.

Any more pictures like this? I could make more character sheets.

I'll see if I can rustle up some more pics. We used Rogue to draw attention to Wicked City, a themed club I used to work with, and the thing was a chck magnet. Especaily crazy chicks... the have this thing for standing on the back deck and shooting the flamethrower (which uses liquid propane, IIRC, to throw about an 8' plme of fire)

This rapidly starts degrading into Car Wars-like silliness.

Hey! any game that has an armored beer fridge IS a great game!:thumbup:

Uhm... anyone? Any comments? Was it too weird? Funny? Stupid?

Where's the armored beer fridge?:o

I've slashed the Spanish Main and more

In villainy and plunder

The ladies squeel wherever I roar

"HOIST HIGH THE JOLLY ROGER!"

• 2 years later...

it's inside man where else?

seriously Armored Beer Fridge: 7 defense (18 Act), Limited coverage (contents of fridge, -2), Bulky OIF(-1), Plus Change Environment (-2 tempiture levels) (8CP) only for contents of fridge(-1) Bulky OIF(-1), (4+3=7)

all for only 7 CP! who wouldn't be able to afford that on their vehicle?!?!?!!?

I missed this in '06.

Not sure what the intent was, jury rigged suicide mobile (no thought to safety), something engineered from what was available by someone who knew what they were doing (perhaps mad, but at least they have a clue how to make it work) or an actual manufactured vehicle, where there was some actual thought and availability of components to build something somewhat practical.

If it is intended for mostly defensive use and limited movement is needed tracks are fine. If it is actually supposed to get around to patrol or attack distant bases I'd go with multiple wheels to make an armored car. Tracks are terrible for long range travel as they require a lot of maintenace per mile compared to wheels.

If this is a jury-rigged vehicle based off of a civilian vehicle I'd consider using a 106mm recoiless rifle instead of a 75mm tank gun. For one thing they would be much easier to find since the 106mm was widely used into the 80s, 75mm guns were pretty rare after the 1960s.

A 106mm can be fired from a Jeep so there is no problem mounting it on something larger. You could also put it on a swivel mount making the vehicle more useful. You could get really wild and make a post apocalypse Ontos with multiple 106mm Recoiless rifles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ontos_tank