Re: HA and Martial Arts Clarification Follow Up #3

Hyper-Man

Question

Hi Steve,

My previous question was not about using a HA or a MA maneuver (including bonus MA DC's). That part I understand. What I am asking about is the situation where a HA and a MA maneuver (including bonus MA DC's) are combined into a single attack.

This seems like a fairly common situation.

Example: when a character uses a focus based HA (like a club or hammer) and posseses a MA weapon element that applies to that weapon/focus. There are very specific rules about combining all damage and any advantages. I think I understand these fairly well.

What I am unclear about is when the HA is not focus based.

Can you please re-read my question from 'Follow Up #2'?

Also, is there a rule that says MA maneuvers (irregardless of any bonus MA DC's) cannot be combined with non-focused based HA's (irregardless of any Advantages on the HA)?

1 answer to this question

Re: HA and Martial Arts Clarification Follow Up #3

I read your previous question, I don't need to re-read it. I've said at least two times now that a Martial Arts + Extra DCs + HA attack is possible, and the rulebook says it as well. The rulebook also specifically discusses the combining of Martial Arts and HA. The default situation here is that no weapons (Foci) are involved, with additional rules under "Determining Damage" that cover weapons.