Dark Champions the Anime Series

Susano

Re: Dark Champions the Anime Series

But does it surprise you? It didn't me.

I will point this out -- AFAIK, the rest of Second Barrage hasn't been aired yet, so the validity of this is doubtful.

EDIT: I just checked Wikipedia -- Episode 24 aired 12-18-06. The person who posted the "spoiler" may have seen the sequences in question.

I'm waiting for my fansub source to post Episodes 23 and 24. Then I can start re-watching the episodes and start work on Black Lagoon Hero.

I have to agree, if its true its not really surprising...

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that is a totally different ending than what I have seen. If you want to see some screen captures from the final episode and spoilers about how it all ends you can click below.

I hope the remaining two fansubs get finished soon. More importantly I hope Geneon gets their act together and releases the US version soon.

Wow, that is a totally different ending than what I have seen. If you want to see some screen captures from the final episode and spoilers about how it all ends you can click below.

I hope the remaining two fansubs get finished soon. More importantly I hope Geneon gets their act together and releases the US version soon.

Okay -- that confirms what I suspected. The guy on 4Chan was aping the end of Cowboy Bebop.

For all you manga fans on here, I work for a remainder book company and we just got in a huge amount of books from tokyopop, they go for about $4 each and they're will be lots more in the next few weeks as we sort through the ~50,000 copies we recieved.

The website is www.bookcloseouts.com just search for tokyopop or whichever specific title you are looking for

We also occasionally get dnd books.

In other news' date=' apparently Geneon will release the first DVD of Black Lagoon in the USA on April 10, 2007. Yea! :)

Now I wish that an English version of the Manga would be published by someone.

EDIT: Also here is a link to Alter's 1/8 figure of Revy. Looks pretty good.

Excellent!

And if that statue is pre-painted then I am so getting one.

Wow... that was one heck of an episode. interesting how Balalaika points out that Rock isn't the most moral guy going, what with his trying to get Hotel Moscow to enact his idea of "justice."

And it is obvious this whole arc can only end in blood.

Yeah, I can't see how this is going to end well. There's a very fatalistic vibe to the whole story arc.

I have to admit it still cracks me up when the characters break into "Engrish". Sometimes I still feel like I need subtitles...

Yeah... in the last episode I'm still not sure what Revy is saying to the kids. And her English is so... "dead" due to the VA not being a native speaker.

Yeah... in the last episode I'm still not sure what Revy is saying to the kids. And her English is so... "dead" due to the VA not being a native speaker.

That's it exactly, it lacks almost all inflection. I can make most of whatr she's saying to the kids. She's describing her gun, tells them watch the cans closely then tells them to go home, they're mommy's waiting as they're walking around. I can't make out what Rock says to her aside from something about "show them, Revy"

That's it exactly' date=' it lacks almost all inflection. I can make most of whatr she's saying to the kids. She's describing her gun, tells them watch the cans closely then tells them to go home, they're mommy's waiting as they're walking around. I can't make out what Rock says to her aside from something about "show them, Revy"[/quote']

However, I do applaud the efforts made to show that Revy doesn't speak Japanese and to show that Revy and Rock speak English to each other. I liked the effect and the work involved. I mean, I can't think of too many American shows that would do something like that.

However' date=' I do applaud the efforts made to show that Revy doesn't speak Japanese and to show that Revy and Rock speak English to each other. I liked the effect and the work involved. I mean, I can't think of too many American shows that would do something like that.[/quote']

I understand why it was done, its just a little jarrring as native English speaker. It probably doesn't phase the show's Japanese viewers at all and just sounds somewhat exotic and authentic while some foregin shows that attempt to do similar things with Japanese are probably a bit jarring. Its definitely not a deal breaker for me.

I understand why it was done' date=' its just a little jarrring as native English speaker.[/quote']

Initially yes, but now I just roll with it. I do wish the fansub guys had subtitled the English sequences,though.

My gaming group watched the first episode of this anime just after I got it (weeks ago). All of us have been wondering what the significance of the feathers in the opening are? Is there any that anyone is aware of?

I have noticed that in various anime you will see feather drifting about. Is it something cultural?

EDIT: I am now guessing the feather have something to do with Revi's flashback to her childhood and the unpleasantness committed upon/by her.

In case you're still wondering, from what I gathered, the key flashback scene involves using a pillow to muffle a pistol shot, hence the feathers flying. I hope that's vague enough to escape the Spoiler Police. ;)

In case you're still wondering' date=' from what I gathered, the key flashback scene involves using a pillow to muffle a pistol shot, hence the feathers flying. I hope that's vague enough to escape the Spoiler Police. ;)[/quote']

Revi is wanted for murder in New York.

And of course' date=' I'm probably going to drop all current projects so I may bring you [i']Black Lagoon HERO[/i]

Sounds like an excellent idea! :thumbup:

I have really enjoyed this series as well. Definitely one of the best I have seen. I have even considered changing my avatar to Revy but I figure I'd lose my identity that way.

Now I have to wait until April to start collecting the US release DVDs. Of course there is still manga to come (I wish a US publisher would pick it up).