Harry Potter HERO

Mutant for Hire

Re: Harry Potter HERO

I'll agree that it's an advanced charm, but I doubt only Aurors know it, let alone their top people only. Lupin knew about it and he had no problem attempting to teach a child the charm.

Harry's good, let's not turn him into a god though.

TB

Your right, I overexaggerated. What I meant is that only people uncommonly proficient in battling the Dark Arts seem to be any good at it. Even Lupin isn't able to summon a full patronus.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching the third film. The scene that comes to mind is Snape's class where we walks by and flicks his wand closing each shutter as he passes. Don't know if it is consistent with the book*, but if so it would seem that some wizards have a low-level TK and don't need any incantation to invoke it.

Thanks for the web-site Keith. I got through the first few pages of spells. Very detailed and well documented site. Makes less work for putting together the setting for a game. With the talk about Harry Potter and Champion High Schools in the Champion Forum I am getting interested in a short HS-age game.

*Doesn't seem like it, in the first book Snape's class is described as being in the dungeon. Just started the second book, so still afew more days til I get to the third book. Still even if it is unique to the movie it was a pretty cool visual effect.

This is just Me speaking' date=' but due to the level of impressiveness that other wizards veiw Harry's Pratronusing abilities with, I suspect it is a highly advanced charm taught normally only to top Aurors. That's just my shilling though.[/quote']

Lupin and, I believe, Harry's father knew the spell. I do not remember if they were Aurors, though. Even if they were, they were probably not at the top.

Brett

After watching the third film. The scene that comes to mind is Snape's class where we walks by and flicks his wand closing each shutter as he passes. Don't know if it is consistent with the book*, but if so it would seem that some wizards have a low-level TK and don't need any incantation to invoke it.

Thanks for the web-site Keith. I got through the first few pages of spells. Very detailed and well documented site. Makes less work for putting together the setting for a game. With the talk about Harry Potter and Champion High Schools in the Champion Forum I am getting interested in a short HS-age game.

*Doesn't seem like it, in the first book Snape's class is described as being in the dungeon. Just started the second book, so still afew more days til I get to the third book. Still even if it is unique to the movie it was a pretty cool visual effect.

Actually it is consistent because although Snape's potions class is indeed in the dungeon, that's not the class he's teaching. If you recall he's teaching the Defense against Dark Arts class because Lupin was unable to do so, most likely due to the potion that prevented him from wolfing out. Thus he's not in his normal classroom in that scene.

After watching the third film. The scene that comes to mind is Snape's class where we walks by and flicks his wand closing each shutter as he passes. Don't know if it is consistent with the book*' date=' but if so it would seem that some wizards have a low-level TK and don't need any incantation to invoke it. [/quote']

Dumbledore used a device at the beginning of the first movie and book to put out the streetlamps without incantations. Being at Hogwarts, however, maybe the shutters are enchanted to open or close when a wand (or a teacher's wand) is flicked at them.

Brett