Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Diamond Spear

HEROcon 2007 (Baltimore)

Re: HEROcon 2007 (Baltimore)

And don't forget that Ed has more chairs should we need them' date=' although if we get over 100 people I know that [i']I'm[/i] going to be too excited to sit.

Impressive. I was underestimating the location.

So will you be making the trip down?

Yup. I have finally committed to attending. On the mailing list, I have submitted two games to be run: Friends of Justice and Remarkable Wrong-Righters.

Yup. I have finally committed to attending. On the mailing list' date=' I have submitted two games to be run: Friends of Justice and Remarkable Wrong-Righters.[/quote']

Sweet!

Sounds fantastic. Any word yet on where you'll be staying or flying in to (BWI I hope)?

I will be staying at the Hilton Garden Inn in Columbia. This is the same hotel where Oddhat and Satin Kitty will be starying and they have graciously offered to drive me back and forth to the con.

I will probably be flying into BWI on Friday afternoon and out on Tuesday morning.

For the record, here are the people who have said they'd come and run something:

Rod Currie

Scott Heine (who will be attending, not running)

Steve Long

Andy Matthews

David Mattingly

Darren Watts

Not counting the local people who will be attending.

Also, Robert Dorf (Oddhat) has said he'd come, but hasn't comitted to anything yet. *hint*

I will be staying at the Hilton Garden Inn in Columbia. This is the same hotel where Oddhat and Satin Kitty will be starying and they have graciously offered to drive me back and forth to the con.

I will probably be flying into BWI on Friday afternoon and out on Tuesday morning.

I will be picking up Darren on that Friday. I can do the same for you -- if you and Darren want to coordinate when you're coming in.

Hmm... sounds like a pre-Con dinner is in order. What place would be big enough??? :confused:

I will be picking up Darren on that Friday. I can do the same for you -- if you and Darren want to coordinate when you're coming in.

Hmm... sounds like a pre-Con dinner is in order. What place would be big enough??? :confused:

Depends on if you are talking someone's house or a restaurant.

Hard to say. Oddhat and Satin Kitty are driving in, so they'll be in Columbia. Darren is staying with me, and Rod in the same hotel as Oddhat & Satin Kitty, so Columbia might be a better choice.

Hard to say. Oddhat and Satin Kitty are driving in' date=' so they'll be in Columbia. Darren is staying with me, and Rod in the same hotel as Oddhat & Satin Kitty, so Columbia might be a better choice.[/quote']

I'd love a pre-con dinner. You know Columbia so did you want to do the looking or should I put my goggle-fu to work?

It's after 12 noon at a government office the Friday before a 3-day weekend. You do the math. :D

Of course come Wednesday or so I going to be drowing in wrecked cars. Holiday weekends do tend to make us busy the week after.

I'd love a pre-con dinner. You know Columbia so did you want to do the looking or should I put my goggle-fu to work?

Just chipping in to say that a pre-con dinner in Columbia sounds like a great idea.

We are meeting with Ed on Saturday (the 8th) to check on progress. Also, there is a flyer on the website -- people have been printing them out and leaving them at local cons and the like. Please consider doing this to get the word out!

Also, we are pretty psyched about doing this next year, if only because this year is shaping up to be an awesome experience!

I talked to the girlfriend, and yes, we'll be attending. I'm trying to bring along the rest of my gaming group, and we'll see if it goes better than herding cats (I'm not putting money on it btw...) ;)

A quick note on prizes -- we've been gathering items (mostly via donations, but I have some NASA goodies) for GMs to give out to people. In addition, I highly suspect people like Darren and Dave to be bringing company product as well. If you have anything you'd like to add, let me know.

I'm hoping to have the various GMs go through the prize box(es) and pick out items they like. Anything left over will be offered up for the people in the European Enemies Brawl for it All game.

Note that GM's who have a registered game before the Convention's start will get first pick, after that it's first come first served for game prizes.

The intention is for GM's to award the donated product as prizes to the best RPer for each game. We will also have plenty of stuff for registered attendees as freebies as well.

In short, we have a ton of stuff. We will find some creative ways of making sure it's all given away. :)