Master List of Limitations Gone??!!

Silbeg

Was looking for the ever-useful master list of limitations, and learned that the Global Guardians' site has dramatically changed. The list to end all lists has disappeared. :angst::weep::shock:

Does anyone know what happened?

I apologize if this is "common knowledge"... I have been out of it for a little bit.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Master List of Limitations Gone??!!

Yeah, I found the cached versions as well. I noticed a couple of days ago (Sunday, I think), but kept forgetting to post about it. Here's hoping that it will be back soon - the updates give me hope that the site is simply being revamped.

Thanks, TB.

Hope you are right!

Did the global guardians collapse, or something?

I don't think extensive discussion is appropriate here, or rather not really on this particular forum (General Roleplaying or NGD would be better), but basically there was some sort of drastic change with accompanying wailing and gnashing of teeth and I believe Jack is doing a reboot. Bear in mind that's 2nd-hand info, though. I would discourage people, though, from getting into messy details on the matter, again at least in this forum. There's lots of individuals here who are also personally wrapped up in GG and topics around personalities and conflicts there (just like with any sort of organization) can become sensitive.

Eureka!

Thanks to the wondrous Internet Archive Wayback Machine, we can still access the Master Lists on the Internet:

http://web.archive.org/web/20060517071957/http://www.globalguardians.com/masterlists/masterlistindex.php

Navigating the links between the archived webpages is kinda slow, and the linkage is occasionally cranky, but AFAICT all the pages from the GG website are there. :)

Also, in addition to Zorn's comment, my understanding is the GG is being converted to M&M - I could be wrong, but that's my impression. The site may still have champions data when Jack's done with that, but I'm pretty sure the campaigns will use "the other superhero system."

EEK! We must back this up now lest we lose it forever! Back it up in twelve places! More! :eek:

More seriously though, I do hope they don't end up getting rid of it, I've found this most useful and would hate to lose it. What would be especially cool is if somehow we could get that list HERE on this site! Though I doubt it, so we'll just have to help get it all done in HD so so it can sit here as long as HD survives (not to mention making it easier to use... well, for those of us with HD...).

EEK! We must back this up now lest we lose it forever! Back it up in twelve places! More! :eek:

More seriously though, I do hope they don't end up getting rid of it, I've found this most useful and would hate to lose it. What would be especially cool is if somehow we could get that list HERE on this site! Though I doubt it, so we'll just have to help get it all done in HD so so it can sit here as long as HD survives (not to mention making it easier to use... well, for those of us with HD...).

Once we have stuff, we could divvy out the stuff, so that many people would create the disads. If 10 people do it, or 20, it will take much, much less time.

Sounds like a plan we should start on!

Once we have stuff, we could divvy out the stuff, so that many people would create the disads. If 10 people do it, or 20, it will take much, much less time.

Sounds like a plan we should start on!

I'd be in on that, but I'm stil stuck with HD2. I'm planning on upgrading soon, probably before the end of the year.

Actually, I might be updating before the end of the month. And since NaNoWriMo ends on Nov 30, I'll have lots of free time begining Dec 1.

I'm very happy with my inner paranoid for having saved a full copy of the whole Master List of Limitations on my hard disk. :king:

Unfortunately, I have no site of mine to upload them in. But I'd be very willing to send them to anyone who does, if the original creators provide unable to restore the list, and do not object to others picking up the torch.

Okay I'll start working on G-H as my time permits. I don't want to make any promises though. With luck I can finish my latest campaign log entry today and then I have a few weeks before I'll have other gaming commitments.

I have copied the entire list into Word format.

Just a reminder for the Notes, where the description should go, you can highlight the text and copy it in, and to keep it uncluttered uncheck Include In Printouts.

This is just something I did because it appears that's what was done by Flames on his... and it really does look better. I'm still somewhat new to HD, and have hardly used prefabs. So just a piece of knowledge for others as noob as me.

I had a couple of hours to kill (at work) after our office's Thanksgiving dinner. I finished putting the G-H section in to a HD3 Prefab.

Since that went so smoothly I think I will tackle the I-J section this weekend.

Guess I better go post the G-H section on the HD site.