Master List of Limitations Gone??!!

Silbeg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Master List of Limitations Gone??!!

I just added the prefab for O-P to the Hero Designer site.

Our currently completed list is thus:

A-B and about half of C.

G-P

W-Z

I guess I will move on to Q-R as my time permits. BTW if anyone feels like helping I have the whole list converted to a Word document and I'd sent it to anyone interested.

-- Eddie "I'm getting really good with cut and paste" Sells

I just added the prefab for Q-R to the Hero Designer site.

A-B and about half of C.

G-R

W-Z

I guess I will move on to S-T as my time permits. That will be a large one so it will probably take longer.

-- Eddie "I'm getting carpel tunnel" Sells

I just added the prefab for Q-R to the Hero Designer site.

A-B and about half of C.

G-R

W-Z

I guess I will move on to S-T as my time permits. That will be a large one so it will probably take longer.

-- Eddie "I'm getting carpel tunnel" Sells

I will gladly send you a case of Cherry Coke (that is your poison IIRC) for your recovery ;-)

Please keep up the good work, we all love you for it.

EDSEL, EDSEL, EDSEL, he's our man, if he can't do it, NO ONE WILL! (unfortunately)

TB

I have just posted three new prefabs to the Hero Designer site. I put the letter S in its own prefab because there is a lot of stuff in it. The second prefab covers T-V and the third is for E-F.

This means that only about half of the letter C and the letter D remain to be done. I will work on those next. I intend to take the pre-existing work that was done for A-B and half of C and organize them into two prefabs one for A-B and the other for C-D. Once that is completed the task will be done.

I will put all of the prefabs into a zip file along with a Word format copy of the list and post it in its own thread.

I had a really slow day at work, not surprising for the day before Thanksgiving. Today's progress is due to that.

-- Eddie "Apparently I have too much time on my hands" Sells

I can't believe you guys are finishing the project I started!

My heart overflows with gladness! I kiss you!

All of us are crazy like that. We each tend to have a certain area where we take the Hero System far more seriously than it really needs to be taken.

For Those About To Game . . . We Salute You n020.gif

... I found the Steve Smilie: n010.gif

I just uploaded the last two prefabs to the Hero Designer site. The prefabs for A-B and C-D. This means the whole Master List has been prefabized (yay! I invented a word).

I believe that most of the work for letters A-C was done by Flames. So I merely had to do some modifications to make the last two prefabs match the format I used for the others.

• 3 weeks later...

I downloaded all of the amazingly finished Prefabs from MLoL, and I can't believe how incredibly handy it is to have loaded into HD3. It's nice that the program can load them all at once, too, just by shift-selecting the first and then the last one of the bunch all the same directory.

Incredibly useful for coming up with ideas for NPCs, that's for sure! You can toss a couple of interesting Soc Lims, Psych Lims, and Phys Lims into a new NPC's Disad well, and devise a unique personality in a matter of seconds!

We need to get the word out, this is the best!

• 2 years later...

Yep, the one Hyper-Man posted was the one I had been using. I have bookmarked it and the one pruttm posted too, just in case.

Thanks to both of you. I have already used up my rep for the day but you both just made my list.

Yep, the one Hyper-Man posted was the one I had been using. I have bookmarked it and the one pruttm posted too, just in case.

Thanks to both of you. I have already used up my rep for the day but you both just made my list.

The NextGenRPG list is probably more current--I think Jack's still maintaining that one, or was recently.

But I hate--hate, hate, hate with a burning passion--the "twiddlywiki" format. Click, click, click, click to get to each and every disad individually. I much prefer the other site's format, where you get a list of disadvantages with costs and descriptions much mroe easily.

The NextGenRPG list is probably more current--I think Jack's still maintaining that one, or was recently.

But I hate--hate, hate, hate with a burning passion--the "twiddlywiki" format. Click, click, click, click to get to each and every disad individually. I much prefer the other site's format, where you get a list of disadvantages with costs and descriptions much mroe easily.

Thanks, I prefer simplicity over cool clicky things.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Worldmaker

Further updates of the Master Lists are being held until we can see what 6th Edition does to Disadvantages. No point in putting a lot of work in only to have to immediately start converting them into something new.

From comments I've read here, I expect that many HERO gamers will continue to play Fifth Edition for quite some time after Sixth is released. Unless there's some reason you can't continue the Master List, I wouldn't be in any hurry to curtail it no matter what Sixth Edition looks like.