The Lost Room Hero

AlHazred

Re: The Lost Room Hero

Exactly. Although' date='

I imagine if the miniseries turns into a series, one of the eventual plot elements is the idea of what happens when all of the Objects are returned to the Lost Room. Does that person become God?

[/quote']

No, he must slay The Kurgan first. :eg:

Seriously, I think that they will go in the same direction that the HL writers did. Like the origin of the Immortals, the Rules, the Game, and esp the nature of the Prize, they will never really come out and give an outright origin, nor will they give a complete end: That way there will always be another possible (small e) event to investigate

:straight:

Midas

Other thoughts on TLR Hero:

1. I don't especially care what genre it is (though the answers above strike me as plausible).

2. I'm more interested in stealing ideas from it than directly copying it.

3. I would design objects only to the extent that it was useful to me. The only reason I can see to design them all would be to deal with drains, dispels, etc., which I probably would not allow (and which do not appear to be an issue in the source material).

Re #1, though the tropes would matter: Mundane Fantasy with Horror Metagenre would make it even *more* like Friday the 13th. While a Superhero comedy would have an entirely different vibe. The first would call for lots of angst, no good choices -merely the best of the bad, etc. The second would pretty much rule out having to stat the objects: If it is funny, it works. For ex, The Crayon: Makes a hole anywhere a circle can be drawn. Obviously it works best on suspension bridges high over gorges... :P

#2: Aren't we all? :eg: Seriously, even if you are runing a game in an "approved" universe (MERP, EPT, etc), following canon as best you can, it is still not going to be an exact duplicate of the original campaign. Why not introduce ideas appropriated from whatever works?

#3: Unless possibly one of the Objects themselves is similar to the glasses: "Supress any other Object's power within 20' ". That doesn't seem like something the Lost Room would have, but hey...somebody could prolly come up with a dynamite scenario using that exact Object.

Midas

Seriously, I think that they will go in the same direction that the HL writers did. Like the origin of the Immortals, the Rules, the Game, and esp the nature of the Prize, they will never really come out and give an outright origin, nor will they give a complete end:

Ummm... well that would lead to four alternate versions of canon, one which would have the objects being from another planet. Of course that will be the version that everybody hates, and be ignored in future sequels. ;)

#3: Unless possibly one of the Objects themselves is similar to the glasses: "Supress any other Object's power within 20' ". That doesn't seem like something the Lost Room would have' date=' but hey...somebody could prolly come up with a dynamite scenario using that exact Object.[/quote']I wouldn't give an Object that property, simply because it exactly duplicates the property of another Object already in existence... the Lost Room itself!

Ummm... well that would lead to four alternate versions of canon' date=' one which would have the objects being from another planet. Of course that will be the version that everybody hates, and be ignored in future sequels. ;)[/quote']

As well as two TV series, a director's retcon of the Most-Hated-Movie-that-Does-Not-Exist, and an animated series. :drink: Each with a different canon. :rolleyes:

Hopefully they won't be *that* slavish. :ugly:

Midas