What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

Re: What Have You Watched Recently?

Re: The ending of Planet of the Apes:

That's basically how the book was, and how the original movie was going to be--until 20th Century Fox decided to save some money.

Back to the thread topic, I've been watching the first 7 Star Trek movies over the last several days (TMP through ST VI on DVD, Generations on Hulu). TMP wasn't as bad as I remembered, just incredibly slow. ST V was worse than I remembered. ST II and VI are my favorites, with ST IV closely following.

JoeG

I've finished the third season of Primeval and am now half-way through the fourth season of Batman-The Animated Series.After watching the episode where Batgirl apparently dies and an embittered Gordon declares war upon Batman & co.,we see Harley Quinn and The Mad Hatter claim that their civil rights were violated,Batman made them criminals,and they want a billion dollars from Bruce Wayne.To which I have to say: HORSE PUCKY!!!

Harley Quinn :As Harleen Quinzel, she deliberately seduced her teacher to get top marks.And when she got to Arkham and gained to access to the Joker,he managed to get her to fall in love with him.All before she put on the harlequin outfit.

The Mad Hatter: As Jervis Tetch,he was a creepy stalker and Lewis Carroll fan who developed mind-control circuitry.And after his beloved Alice got engaged to another man, he used it to try and get Alice for his very own.He took the Mad Hatter guise because he was a Lewis Carroll fan,not to fight Batman.

Universal Soldier: Resurrection and Taken. Reviews in the Bunny's thread. Here I'll just say' date=' wow. If you're a middle aged man and want to imagine yourself as a total killing machine, these are great films.[/quote']

You can find a character sheet for Bryan Mill here: http://surbrook.devermore.net/adaptationsmovie/asstd_movie/bryan_mills.html

Gamers, dorkness rising.

I'd never even heard of this before my wife ran across it on Netflix. Awesome movie about a group playing D&D, too bad all RPG movies can't even be 1/4 this good. The pile of dead bards almost caused me to go into cardiac arrest I was laughing so hard.

Nothing like a dose of cinematic despair to get the juices flowing? ^^

Actually, my "worst date movie ever" was Dead Ringers (Blødbrodre). I actually took a girl to see that since I knew she liked Jeremy Irons. I didn't know that in this movie, Jeremy Irons plays a pair of twin psychotic gynæcologists who go off the deep end. The scene where he displays his "tools for operating on mutant women ...." Hoo boy. When we came out of the theatre my date was silent for a bit and then said "I really need a drink". And not in a romantic way :)

cheers, Mark

Actually, my "worst date movie ever" was Dead Ringers (Blødbrodre). I actually took a girl to see that since I knew she liked Jeremy Irons. I didn't know that in this movie, Jeremy Irons plays a pair of twin psychotic gynæcologists who go off the deep end. The scene where he displays his "tools for operating on mutant women ...." Hoo boy. When we came out of the theatre my date was silent for a bit and then said "I really need a drink". And not in a romantic way :)

cheers, Mark

Peter John Dean, a friend of mine (Mojo Bones on the boards) took his first date to see From Dusk Till Dawn.

You can find a character sheet for Bryan Mill here: http://surbrook.devermore.net/adaptationsmovie/asstd_movie/bryan_mills.html

Great sheet! :)

I was expecting the movie to be good, but I was surprised at just how good.

Such a great fantasy for middle aged men, especially divorced middle aged men. Ex-wife married to the Perfect Man, someone much richer than you are? Daughter being spoiled by the New Dad? Lots of young, good looking punks who don't respect you? When you're the baddest of the bad, this is not a problem.

:D

An action film for aging boomers.

Actually' date=' my "worst date movie ever" was Dead Ringers (Blødbrodre). I actually took a girl to see that since I knew she liked Jeremy Irons. I didn't know that in this movie, Jeremy Irons plays a pair of twin psychotic gynæcologists who go off the deep end. The scene where he displays his "tools for operating on mutant women ...." Hoo boy. When we came out of the theatre my date was silent for a bit and then said "I really need a drink". And not in a romantic way :)[/quote']*wince* You didn't check up on the director, I take it? ^^

Gamers, dorkness rising.

I'd never even heard of this before my wife ran across it on Netflix. Awesome movie about a group playing D&D, too bad all RPG movies can't even be 1/4 this good. The pile of dead bards almost caused me to go into cardiac arrest I was laughing so hard.

Yeah...Dorkness Rising is amazingly funny...starts off a little slow...but it picks way up about the time they bring in the female gamer. Very very good...highly recommended for anyones who has EVER done a pen and paper RPG...especially DandD.