What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

Re: What Have You Watched Recently?

Went to the preview of Kick-Ass last night. It was, indeed, kick-ass. Kudos to Linda for organising the tickets. First time I've been to a screening where they run metal detectors over you looking for any recording equipment, too :D

Sadly, Purrdence couldn't attend - school inflicted sudden and pointless parent-teacher nights on her department. :(

But as for the movie itself, a lot of fun. Hideously violent fun in places, a lot of it inflicted by

an 11 year old girl

, and all the more entertaining for it. I gather there's a few significant changes from the comic to make it a bit more Hollywood friendly, but I won't begrudge them it this time. I'm still giggling over

Chekov's Bazooka. Also, in Ghost Rider we got to see Nicholas Cage's head catch fire. In this one the rest of him does.

Highly recommended to anyone with a twisted sense of humour and love of the comics medium

no i dont think thi show is set inthe DCU beides the loa would be part of the batman license

Most likely. But just think Bronze Tiger, Lady Shiva, Boston Brand:D Oh well, did you also notice that they implied that his real name isn't Christopher Chance?

Just watched Drag me To Hell, Year One, and Bruno. DMTH was alright, but a little too "cookie cutter" for my tastes. Not nearly as good as reviews seem to suggest, but a decent time waster I suppose. Year One was pretty lame, but still better than Land of the Lost. Bruno was just...uh...way out there. Some of it was so crude I can't believe it made it to film, but I have to admit some of it was hysterical. I wouldn't let kids near Bruno Year One to be honest.