What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

Re: What Have You Watched Recently?

Mad Max.

To be followed by Mad Max II: The Road Warrior and Mad Max III: Beyond Thunderdome.

Guess what project I'm working on. ^_^

Watched Mad Max II: The Road Warrior. Most of the characters are now done, as well as several vehicles. Now on to Thunderdome.

I re-watched Breakfast Club today.

Anthony Michael Hall's character got caught with a gun at school and got -- a Saturday detention. Those were more innocent times!

But wasn't it a flare gun?

Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome -- It's not a bad movie... but it lacks the energy of the first two. On the other hand, as a visual inspiration for your post-apoc games, it can't be beat.

Keeping up with Lost and Castle. Both episodes were pretty amazing. Nice to see Dana Delaney as a guest star on Castle. I had such a crush on her when she starred in China Beach. I seriously hope the cliffhanger does not indicate the end of the season. I like cliffhangers from week to week. Pretty much despise them from season to season. It's easy to forget all the tension and excitement after months of being away from it and a two minute catch up just isn't enough.

I mentioned the latest episode of Lost in the Lost thread, but I will repeat that it was an excellent story made more awesome in that it is period to the game I am running. In some ways, Ab Aeternum is kind of separate from the rest of the series as it deals with a background character's origin. There is a major spoiler to the series though, so if you want to go back and watch the whole thing from the get go someday, you should probably skip it. If not, a lot of story was crammed into about 30 minutes. The beginning and end deal with the present and though important to the continuity of the series have little bearing on Richard's back story.

my recently watched list has included:

Six String Samurai: Been wanting to watch this one for a long time, finally got around to it. Absolutely loved it. Everything I could want from a Post Apocalyptic Rockabilly/Surf Martial Arts Road Trip Buddy flick.

AvP Requiem: Not bad. I liked most of the visual additions to the Predator canon, enjoyed seeing a real veteran Predator Warrior at work, and already got all my ranting about "how Xenomorphs aren't supposed to have ever come into contact with humans before Alien" out with the first AvP movie. I thought the Predator-Alien was neat, and a nice addition to the examples that the Xeno's draw on their hosts genetics (which was intended the whole time... I recall it being mentioned in a Starlog interview with Dan O'Bannon back before Alien opened).

re-watched Four Rooms. Brilliant movie. F*ing funny. The whole cast rocks it hard.

my recently watched list has included:

Six String Samurai: Been wanting to watch this one for a long time, finally got around to it. Absolutely loved it. Everything I could want from a Post Apocalyptic Rockabilly/Surf Martial Arts Road Trip Buddy flick.

The only man who can kill that many Russians: http://surbrook.devermore.net/adaptationsmovie/asstd_movie/buddy.html

Keeping up with Lost and Castle. Both episodes were pretty amazing. Nice to see Dana Delaney as a guest star on Castle. I had such a crush on her when she starred in China Beach. I seriously hope the cliffhanger does not indicate the end of the season. I like cliffhangers from week to week. Pretty much despise them from season to season. It's easy to forget all the tension and excitement after months of being away from it and a two minute catch up just isn't enough.

Normally, I would not readily admit this, but I occasionally watch Desperate Housewives. I am willing to risk ridicule because I think that you will appreciate what I am about to tell you. Dana Delaney has been on the show for a while, and there are scenes this season in which she is kissing and lying around partially clothed with Julie Benz, who is also guest starring. Ms. Benz also had several scenes where she was performing as an exotic dancer. So yeah, it's a little suspicious that I watch the show at all, but I am paying attention to the right things, so balances it all out.

I went to a film festival tribute for the deceased Memphis Fantastic Features host Sivad (Watson Davis) yesterday, and saw The Giant Claw as the first half of a double feature screening. Definitely the best way to see this turkey (buzzard) is in the company of scores of other creature feature aficionados who can laugh at its every appearance right along with you.

I thought that the Japanese film that most directly inspired SW was Kurosawa's Hidden Fortress?

It was a combination of both really. Elements of both are strongly presence in Star Wars. Not that that's all bad....Magic Serpent was very entertaining. Funny thing I noticed is the Dragon uses Godzilla's roar and the Frog/Lizard monster used by the film's "jedi" uses Rodan's roar....and the film wasn't even made by Toho. (Toei made this one.)