What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

Re: What Have You Watched Recently?

It was a pretty safe bet in 1977 to show punch cards--after all, the IBM 80 format had been used for almost 50 years at that point. I remember checks, telephone bills, and other documents were often on punch cards, with the message, "Do Not Fold, Spindle, or Mutilate". I used to love using blank cards as bookmarks in high school*, as the blank surface was perfect for holding notes, and the cardstock itself was a bit more durable than an index card.

Back on subject, I just finished watching "Night of the Comet", a fun end of the world/pseudo-zombie movie.

JoeG

*My high school actually stopped offering a class for keypunch operator the year before I started. IBM announced discontinuing the punch card manufacturing my Junior year.

I actually compiled my first programs on punchcards (shudder). Was not sad to see the technology vanish.

cheers, Mark

The first 3 Resident Evil movies.

I liked the first one. It had a good twist of not knowing who was who with the amnesia thing, and lots of fun zombie killing action.

The second had a little too much deus-ex machina going on, and was basically one action sequence poorly stitched to the next.

The third was better put together, but was overall mediocre. It wasn't bad, but not great either

Still addicted to chuck
Chuck is pretty awesome. Just ignore the fact that 99% of it is hogwash and enjoy the light-hearted comedy. Sadly, I have only been able to catch bits of it here and there. I keep promising myself to buy up about ten different TV series from start to finish. Now where did I put that winning lottery ticket......?

Chuck is pretty awesome. Just ignore the fact that 99% of it is hogwash and enjoy the light-hearted comedy. Sadly' date=' I have only been able to catch bits of it here and there.[/quote'] yes chuck is captain awesome. ;)

Though I've been thinking and am recently been troubled by Sarah and Casey lying as spy do to Chuck, Chuck burning his asset, and Chuck lying to his close friends and family about is double life and the message that imparts to the audience. As long as Chuck remains "Sarah's Chuck" I reckon the show won't loose it's heart and soul.

And this is too much over analysis of the lighthearted nature of the show. Starting to trade my John Casey addiction for a Janye Cobb addiction. ;)

I keep promising myself to buy up about ten different TV series from start to finish. Now where did I put that winning lottery ticket......?

yeah me too. :)

Megashark vs. Giant octopus: So bad, so very, very bad. And this from someone who recently watched all the Godzilla movies (including the truly crappy ones) The one beer I had while watching this was not nearly enough. I'm not sure if there are enough beers in the world to make this movie good.

Bangkok Dangerous: Meh. A friend told me I needed to watch this and handed it to me, but I don't recall why. Not a terrible movie, but --nothing-- stands out about it. Just a formulaic action movie. Reading the back of the DVD and seeing a trailer is probably all this movie needs.