What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

Re: What Have You Watched Recently?

I've been watching No Ordinary Family. It's my favorite new show. Too bad I missed episode 1.
I really liked that show.

Then they had the episode where the kid was castigated for using his ability to win at football. So now what, shall we cripple the fastest runners? Make those linebackers trim down a bit? Gaaaah! I hate that attitude. Kid has a gift for being able to maximize his game. He should be allowed to excel. It's not like he is super fast like mom or indestructible like dad. Hell, he can't even read minds in order to tell what the opposition is thinking. He is just hyper efficient at throwing a ball.

Mary & Max a wrenchingly good claymation drama about the 20 year long penpal relationship (set in the 70's) between a homely, awkward, 8 year old Australian girl from a dysfunctional family and the 44 year old overweight, Aspergers Syndrome afflicted New Yorker she writes at random.

Note... While I loved it, this is REALLY not a kids movie.

The Canadian Football League playoffs on ESPN 3. Right now in my viewing the Saskatchewan Rough Riders are mounting a serious comeback against the British Columbia Lions. The Lions are still up 19-14 but Saskatchewan is driving.

I like ESPN 3 a lot. Perfect distraction from what's going on here in Portland, and I'm looking forward to watching the Grey Cup game in a couple of weeks (it'll be played in Edmonton, a year after it was played in Calgary).

And it turns out the game went to overtime. Overtime!

Space: Above and Beyond

A great series that, unlike most SF on FOX, got an entire series (because it was by the same folks who did the X Files). Especially memorable for me was the episode, "Who monitors the birds?"

Finished watching "Sherlock" episode 1 last night. It's feeling a bit too much like Dr Who for my liking, but I'll try the other episodes.

Also watched "Pirate Radio", which was entertaining, but felt a bit muddled. It runs overly long, even in the American version, which is about 20 minutes shorter than the British release (known as "The Ship That Rocked").

JoeG

The Canadian Football League playoffs on ESPN 3. Right now in my viewing the Saskatchewan Rough Riders are mounting a serious comeback against the British Columbia Lions. The Lions are still up 19-14 but Saskatchewan is driving.

I like ESPN 3 a lot. Perfect distraction from what's going on here in Portland, and I'm looking forward to watching the Grey Cup game in a couple of weeks (it'll be played in Edmonton, a year after it was played in Calgary).

And it turns out the game went to overtime. Overtime!

Double overtime.

Stupid Saskatchewan.

Now let us never speak of this again.

A great series that' date=' unlike most SF on FOX, got an entire series (because it was by the same folks who did the X Files). Especially memorable for me was the episode, "Who monitors the birds?" [/quote']At the end I got a very big "we know we aren't being renewed" feeling with the way the last episode was done.