What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

Re: What Have You Watched Recently?

Doctor Who - 109 (or none) - Shada (1980, unfinished, never aired) -- A story placed on hold when a strike occured. This copy is what footage exists of the six chapters, using connecting video and voiceover by Tom Baker to fill-in the missing portions. Written by Douglas Adams, ideas and elements from this story appear in the novel Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency.

Doctor Who - 109 (110) - The Leisure Hive (1980) -- This story opens the 19th season, and is the first to carry a 1980 copyright date. A new opening for the series is used here.

Super Capers (2009) -- A superhero paordy film....I'm still not sure what I think of this one. :confused:

Various episodes of American Dad! that I seem to have missed on the first pass.

Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, etc, and so on. :celebrate

Doctor Who - 111 - Meglos (1980)

Doctor Who - 112 - Full Circle (1980) -- The E-Space storyline begins. A weight for the TARDIS is given as 5 million kilograms (a bit over 11,023,113 pounds) in the local gravity.

The Sarah Jane Adventures - 003 - Eye of the Gorgon (2007)

The Sarah Jane Adventures - 004 - Warriors of Kudlak (2007)

The Sarah Jane Adventures - 005 - Whatever Happened to Sarah Jane? (2007)

The Sarah Jane Adventures - 006 - The Lost Boy (2007) -- The first season consists of five two-chapter stories.

Apollo 13 (1995) -- 10th Anniversary Edition (Disc 1 of 2)

* Lost Moon: The Triumph of Apollo 13 (The making of Apollo 13)

* The theatrical trailer for Apollo 13

Doctor Who - 213 - A Christmas Carol (2010) -- The Christmas Special for this year.

Doctor Who - 113 - State of Decay (1980)

Doctor Who - 114 - Warriors' Gate (1980) -- Concludes the E-Spaced storyline, departure of Romana and K-9 Mk II. Adric (who stowed-away on the TARDIS in Full Circle) remains with the Doctor.

Apollo 13 (1995) -- Director's commentary to the Anniversary Edition. There is one more commentary track on the first disc.

Doctor Who - 115 - The Keeper of Traken (1981) -- The New Beginnings storyline begins with the second appearance of The Master during Tom Baker's tenure as The Doctor.

Doctor Who - 116 - Logopolis (1981) -- The Fourth Doctor regenerates, introduction of Peter Davison as the Fifth Doctor. Nyssa and Tegan join Adric as The Doctor's companions. (At the moment, I've no more of Doctor Who until the relaunch of the show in 2005. So it is back to the beginning for the moment, with story 001.)

The Sarah Jane Adventures - 007 - The Last Sontaran (2008) -- The second series contains six two-chapter stories.

I have recently watched the restored Fritz Lang Metropolis (again, a great movie) and two old Gamera flicks: Gamera Vs. Gyaos (flying turtle versus vampire bat kaiju) and Gamera Vs. Viras (two dopey kids help save Gamera from mind control by alien squid people who impale Gamera. 80 minutes long and half of it is stock footage, some of it in B&W while the rest of the film is color).

After watching the un-MSTed versions of the latter two movies, I can now honestly say they were vastly improved by the addition of Joel and the bots.

The Sarah Jane Adventures - 008 - The Day of the Clown (2008)

The Sarah Jane Adventures - 009 - Secrets of the Stars (2008)

The Sarah Jane Adventures - 010 - The Mark of the Berserker (2008)

The Sarah Jane Adventures - 011 - The Temptation of Sarah Jane Smith (2008)

The Sarah Jane Adventures - 012 - Enemy of the Bane (2008) -- Guest appearance by Nicholas Courtney as Brigadier Sir Alistair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart, Ret.

The Sarah Jane Adventures - Comic Relief Special - From Raxacoricofallapatorius with Love (2009)

(I have waaaay too much downtime.)

Doctor Who - 001 - An Unearthly Child (1963) -- It has been awhile since I've seen this, and going through it again has reminded me of a few little series elements. From chapter one, the term TARDIS was coined by Susan (first Companion and the Doctor's grandaughter. Also from chapter one, the chameleon circuit was functional until the first trip made in the TARDIS during the series, the circuit failed then.

Chapter 01 An Unearthly Child; Chapter 02 The Cave of Skulls; Chapter 03 The Forest of Fear; Chapter 04 The Firemaker

Creator (1985) -- A film I've liked for a long time, and one I've finally gotten on DVD (my VHS copy is getting old).

We had a film fest, and watched, in order:

Kick Ass

Kelly's Heroes

Fantasia 2000

The Losers

Kick Ass was an excellent deconstruction of superheroes while The Losers was just fantastic.

I have recently watched the restored Fritz Lang Metropolis (again, a great movie) and two old Gamera flicks: Gamera Vs. Gyaos (flying turtle versus vampire bat kaiju) and Gamera Vs. Viras (two dopey kids help save Gamera from mind control by alien squid people who impale Gamera. 80 minutes long and half of it is stock footage, some of it in B&W while the rest of the film is color).

After watching the un-MSTed versions of the latter two movies, I can now honestly say they were vastly improved by the addition of Joel and the bots.

Strangely enough, I just got done watching "Metropolis" with the restored scenes on Netflix. Last night it was "True Lies", and interspersed were the first 6 episodes of Star Trek the Animated Series.

JoeG

The last few days have been gear-change days. I felt it was time for a break before diving back into old Doctor Who episodes and related shows.

Top Secret (1984)

Johnny Dangerously (1984)

Airplane (1980) -- "Don't call me Shirley!" Edition

Airplane II: The Sequel (1982)

Saturday Night Live Classic Collection: The Best of John Belushi (2005) -- Includes a full-length copy of the "Star Trek" sketch (the VHS version is trimmed).

A Christmas Carol (2009)

Disorder in the Court (1936) -- Three Stooges short film.

The Hunt (2001) -- Mecha-Dragons can be tough to catch. Homepage

Code: Guardian (2007) -- World War II mecha. Another one from Cee-Gee.net

Le Voyage dans la Lune (A Voyage to the Moon, 1902) -- Voiceover narration has been added for the story, as the film has no dialogue cards.

I've got a couple versions of Metropolis, one older and the latest version. The current version is still missing material. If we're lucky the rest will turn-up yet. I'll have to watch this again soon.

Dipping into older films again reminds me that I still need to find a good copy of Gertie the Dinosaur....

They Call Me Trinity (1970)

Trinity is Still My Name (1971)

And, as I type this -- The Jack Benny Program: Guests Fred Allen and Eddie Cantor (19 April 1953) -- This was the seventh episode of the third season, and the seventeenth episode of the series.

I've just finished the rest of this Jack Benny disc, which also includes (for anyone not familiar with the notation, the code refers to season and epsiode):

S04E01 (#19) -- Jack's Return trip from Honolulu, with guest Marilyn Monroe in her first appearance on television.

S04E03 (#21) -- "Baby Face" sketch with guest Humphrey Bogart.

S04E04 (#22) -- Guest star, singer Johnnie Ray with an end-of-the-show appearance by Danny Thomas.

S04E05 (#23) -- Guests Irene Dunne, Vincent Price, and Gregory Ratoff; Jack tries to steal the lead role in a film from Vincent.

S04E07 (#25) -- Guest Liberace.

S04E08 (#26) -- "Jack Dreams He's Married to Mary" sketch, with guest Mary Livingston (Mary was Jack's wife at the time, their daughter Joannie also appears).

S04E10 (#28) -- "Goldie, Fields, and Glide" sketch with guests George Burns, Bing Crosby, and Bob Hope.

S02E16 of The George Burns and Gracie Allen Show (24 April 1952) with guest Jack Benny; Jack steals a joke from George.

S04E13 (#31) -- "Road to Nairobi" sketch with guest Bob Hope; Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis have an appearance at the end of the program.

With the exception of the "Burns & Allen" episode, those listed above covered September 1953 through May 1954.

S05E02 (#33) -- "Jam Session at Jack's House" with guests Dick Powell, Tony Martin, Fred MacMurray, Kirk Douglas, and Dan Dailey.

Apollo 13 (1995) Anniversary Edition, Jim & Marilyn Lovell commentary track.

Apollo 13 Disc Two: Apollo 13 Imax Experience version -- since I don't have a television set that covers a wall, this mostly serves as a full-screen version of the film that has been edited for time (1hr 56min instead of 2hr 20min) and content.

Conquering Space: The Moon and Beyond and Lucky 13: The Astronauts's Story round-out disc two.

finally finished NCIS season 5. Started on season six.

CES

My wife and I just finished NCIS before Christmas. One of the few shows where the quality doesn't really drop off at all.

I watched the most recent episode of the US Top Gear on Monday (it airs too late for me to watch it on Sunday...stoopid work), and Behind Enemy Lines (you know, the movie with Owen Wilson's messed up nose in it) on Tuesday.