Susano

What Have You Watched Recently?

Punisher Season 2 trailers - Seems like Jigsaw should have more scars; hopefully they go full Punisher this season, I thought Season 1 Punisher was a little soft.  Comic book Frank Castle is an irredeemable, merciless vigilante and the series should embrace that.

John Wick Chapter 3 trailer - Keanu Reeves still kills guys good, but trailer didn't reveal too much.  Not that there'll be much plot to give away, mind you.

Some Like It Hot: Classic comedy with Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon hiding from the mob by joining an all-girl band that features Marilyn Monroe as vocalist and ukulele player. (Included with Amazon Prime)

The Man from U.N.C.L.E.: Guy Ritchie applies his style to this movie based on the 1960s TV series with mixed results. A better script and less editing tricks would have helped. (Netflix DVD.Com Blu-ray)

59 minutes ago, Ternaugh said:

The Man from U.N.C.L.E.: Guy Ritchie applies his style to this movie based on the 1960s TV series with mixed results. A better script and less editing tricks would have helped. (Netflix DVD.Com Blu-ray)

I absolutely loved this movie.

1 hour ago, Jeffrywith1e said:

I absolutely loved this movie.

I've been recently watching the old series, and so part of my capsule review is probably because of that. I'm also less impressed with Ritchie's style trademarks*, and would have preferred a more linear (and more substantial) story. Obviously, YMMV.

*I burned out on Brian DePalma's trademark split-screen treatment in his later movies. Sometimes, you gotta know when not to throw in more seasoning to the dish.

2 hours ago, Ternaugh said:

Some Like It Hot: Classic comedy with Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon hiding from the mob by joining an all-girl band that features Marilyn Monroe as vocalist and ukulele player. (Included with Amazon Prime)

Have you seen Connie and Carla? Written by and starring Nia Vardolos, in some ways it's a distaff counterpart.

Homeland, S7.  It was an OK season, but there was a lot of stupid characters doing stupid things, too. Overall, it seemed like the writers were trying to recapture the glory of S1 but didn't know how. It was worth watching, but I'm not sure I'll watch S8.

7 hours ago, KA. said:

Currently watching Season One of The Wild WIld West.

Recently bought the DVD's for 3 dollars.

The show still holds up.

This is the 40th Anniversary Edition and has lots of extras.

Good stuff.

KA.

I have the "saddlebag" set of the complete series, and I really enjoy the audio intros by Robert Conrad.