What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

Re: What Have You Watched Recently?

LOVE Mythbusters.

A couple years ago, they tested some explosion myth in an agricultural area northwest of where I live, outside of a place called Esparto. They were apparently not far enough away from civilization, though, and blew the windows off a couple of houses. They replaced the windows, and I heard even visited the houses and chatted with the homeowners. I think it would have been worth the inconvenience to meet them. :)

I've (finally) caught up on Doctor Who (the most recent series). Started watching it on BBC America after I got laid off. I got almost caught up, but they wouldn't show 'The End of Time, parts 1 and 2". Luckily, my mom bought me the DVD with those on it for Christmas.

Now, on to Torchwood. Hopefully I can catch up before the next season starts.

Highlander (the first [and only] one, directors cut)

Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief

The French Chef w/ Julia Child (disk 2)

Highlander is a classic, been a while since I've seen it. Some of the SFX are a little dated and cheesy, but otherwise fine.

Percy Jackson was not a bad film. Pretty full of tropes, nothing particularly ground-breaking, but worth netflixing.

I continue to enjoy watching Julia cook. Fun tips, and a window to history. Some of the recipes I would never make. When was the last time you made tripe using pigs feet that took 12 hours to cook in a crock. Also starring in another episode was a lobster big enough to have its own '50s radioactive horror movie.

Finally got a chance to see the original Not of This Earth,starring Paul Birch as the evil blank-eyed alien vampire. Despite the poor sound and picture quality (I saw it on Classic Cinema Online, in a cybercafe) it was still watchable.

(And yes, I got a kick out of having the heroic cop played by Morgan Jones).

Somebody should write up a Davannan template or (if still using 5th Edition) a "Davannan Powers EC. "Paul Johnson" displayed the following Powers: Mind Control,Mind Scan,Telepathy and some sort of Invisible to Sight Killing Attack which required Johnson to make eye contact with his victim. He also found high-decibel sounds painful,and probably had reduced CON & BODY due to his radiation-derived blood disease.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl the best of the three. Although At World's End wasn't bad. Dead Man's Chest was weak though. We'll see how On Stranger Tides turns out this summer.

Stranger Tides looks really good. I like Keira Knightly, but was rather tired of her character + Legolas.