What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

Re: What Have You Watched Recently?

Ghost in the Shell:SAC and then 2nd Gig.

Skipped the Ghost in the Shell movie.

Ghost in the Shell: Innocence (ugh, what a horrible horrible anime. Technically excellent, very inhuman in terms of the characters.)

Ghost in the Shell: Solid State Society.

Those are, by the way, in "chronological" order in terms of the Ghost in the Shell universe.

Ghost in the Shell: Innocence (ugh' date=' what a horrible horrible anime. Technically excellent, very inhuman in terms of the characters.)[/quote']

I think that was the point. In the original manga, Kusanagi got weirder and weirder as she became more integrated with the net. In the second manga series, she's actually multiple people simultaneously. Batou by way of contrast was a relatively normal guy. In Innocence, he doesn't go off the deep end, but like all the cyborgs in that film, he's pretty strange.

cheers, Mark

Been catching up on a bunch of shows. Gold Rush Alaska, Flying Wild Alaska, Dual Survival, The american "Being Human", The Cape, Sons of Guns, Black Ops Brothers, and a few other things to boot. Highly recomend the Nat Geo special on Hanibal.

~Rex

Last night we had a triple feature of different films. They were:

Open Range, The Sting, and The Dish. Aside from me, no one had seen any of this (except for The Dish, which one person had seen before), and all were well received.

King Kong Escapes. Giant Ape, Giant Robot Ape, UNTIL Submarine(sort of:)) what else do you need!

2227453092_257696d25f_o.jpg

I got that movie on DVD as a double with King Kong versus Godzilla. Great film, but I really wish the latter would get released like those Godzilla classics of a few years back, with a commentary and in original Japanese with English subtitles.

Last night's triple feature:

o_6NIFeSPYqzCfaLc.jpg

bela-lugosi-meets-a-brooklyn-gorilla-movie-poster-1020417415.jpg

Yus0zHlZRq3wabj2dLR0kBEjo1_500.jpg

Turns out that the above poster is from a differnet "Untamed Women" below is the correct one and it was released under 4 different titles;

J034.jpgbowanga.jpg

What channel did you see all three of those films on? Or was this a DVD movie night?

I got that movie on DVD as a double with King Kong versus Godzilla. Great film, but I really wish the latter would get released like those Godzilla classics of a few years back, with a commentary and in original Japanese with English subtitles.

What channel did you see all three of those films on? Or was this a DVD movie night?

Untamed Women was on Elvira and the other two were on the local RTV channel's(http://myretrotv.com/) Wolfman Mac's Chiller Drive-In and Off Beat Cinema.