What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

Re: What Have You Watched Recently?

Doctor Strangelove' date=' or, How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb[/i'] was on the telly last night. Still a very, very good film, and very scary in all its plausibility. ^^

You want scary? How about a remake with Sara Palin, Bill O'Reilly, and Glen Beckshock.gif

Dogs Decoded, a wonderfully informative NOVA episode about how dogs became dogs as opposed to wolves, how dogs are fundamentally different from their ancestors in terms of behavior and personality to the point that even upbringing makes no difference, and how the dog's interaction with humans is so much more intimate than that with any other species.

Near the end there was one researcher who referred to the dog as a "parasite". Obviously that man is a heartless cur....

Doctor Strangelove' date=' or, How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb[/i'] was on the telly last night. Still a very, very good film, and very scary in all its plausibility. ^^

because it is a documentary.

Just got The Studio Ghibli Great collection - 16 films and a documentary. At about 2 bucks per movie, that can't be beat! We're working our way through them all*, even though I have seen some of them a couple of times before.

cheers, Mark

*except Grave of the Fireflies: nothing could make Kath watch that again.

Doom

Yeah, it's a kinda cheesy action romp, but it's honest about it. You got your guys with guns, your monster/mutant things to shoot, and a fun place to do the shooting. As a game-to-movie translation I think it was quite good, but then we know where the bar is set for that genre...

Just got The Studio Ghibli Great collection - 16 films and a documentary. At about 2 bucks per movie, that can't be beat! We're working our way through them all*, even though I have seen some of them a couple of times before.

cheers, Mark

*except Grave of the Fireflies: nothing could make Kath watch that again.

I've seen Grave of the Fireflies, and I quite agree. Saw it once, think it's amazing, will never see it again. Way too depressing.

I was unaware that the acclaimed recent Broadway production of Macbeth, starring Patrick Stewart, had been filmed. I haven't finished it yet, or even gotten close, but it's very interesting. The way they handled the Three Weird Sisters is very creepy indeed....

I'm getting caught up on all the episodes of Being Human (American version) that I recorded since the series began. I also watched Mutant Planet (about Japanese animals, especially their snow monkeys) and the final episode of Pioneers of Television (PBS - about locally-produced children's programming).

I'm getting caught up on all the episodes of Being Human (American version) that I recorded since the series began. I also watched Mutant Planet (about Japanese animals' date=' especially their snow monkeys) and the final episode of [i']Pioneers of Television[/i] (PBS - about locally-produced children's programming).

Have you seen the British version of Being Human? Quite a bit better.

I just watched "No Where To Hide", the unaired pilot for Lost in Space on Hulu.

It was ... interesting shall we say.

I'm not surprised they made some major changes before the show aired.

I am surprised that it got picked up at all with such a weak and disjointed pilot.