What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

Re: What Have You Watched Recently?

Very tough....as both were quite good. I'll give a slight edge to Megamind' date=' but both are well worth seeing.[/quote']

There's little to choose between them' date=' but I enjoyed both of them. Of course, I'm a cartoon geek who loves animated anything, so long as it isn't preachy (*Cough!* [i']Last Rainforest[/i] *Cough!*)

I also watched Pom Poko.

I saw Despicable Me recently. A bit weird of a premise however I did enjoy the yellow minions.

Shrek Forever After: The Final Chapter

Alternate title:Okay, Now Seriously This Is The Last Shrek Film We're Going To Make Unless We Think We Can Squeeze Even More Money Out Of The Franchise.

Actually quite an enjoyable flick, but I don't see how they can ever make a subsequent story in this series without lowering their standards.

Just got back from Sucker Punch the latest flick from Zack Snyder (whose previous works were 300 and Watchmen).

This movie was AWSOME!!!! My reaction walking out was similar to my reactions after Fight Club and The Matrix

Now I know why the critics whose opinions I tend to share (mostly online "Geek" movie critics like "Moviebob" Chapman and Schlock Mercenary's Howard Taylor) have universally loved this film, while the mainstream has ripped it apart.

It's layered, dark, complex, and basically depressing, with a rocking soundtrack, really well choreographed fights, excellent cinematography, cool SFX, and loads of fetish fuel.

And it has a message.

Catch it before it vanishes, with it's mainstream reception I'd not expect it to last long.

Oh, and if this was a campaign, it's HAVE to be done in HERO or GURPS.

Or Palladium, I suppose, but I doubt it because this didn't suck ;)

Just got back from Sucker Punch the latest flick from Zack Snyder (whose previous works were 300 and Watchmen).

This movie was AWSOME!!!! My reaction walking out was similar to my reactions after Fight Club and The Matrix

Now I know why the critics whose opinions I tend to share (mostly online "Geek" movie critics like "Moviebob" Chapman and Schlock Mercenary's Howard Taylor) have universally loved this film, while the mainstream has ripped it apart.

It's layered, dark, complex, and basically depressing, with a rocking soundtrack, really well choreographed fights, excellent cinematography, cool SFX, and loads of fetish fuel.

And it has a message.

Catch it before it vanishes, with it's mainstream reception I'd not expect it to last long.

Oh, and if this was a campaign, it's HAVE to be done in HERO or GURPS.

Or Palladium, I suppose, but I doubt it because this didn't suck ;)

It's playing at the theater nearby...and at the IMAX downtown.

Might have to see this one at the IMAX...

horror_party_beach-1964.jpg

Please tell me that film is as awful as I remember, what with the whole "Undead Radioactive Vampire Deep Ones" idea. And I seem to recall a scene where the URVDO's invade a girl's slumber party and we see them devour the nubile maidens, complete with buckets of B&W gore? Or am I remembering some other film?

Please tell me that film is as awful as I remember' date=' what with the whole "Undead Radioactive Vampire Deep Ones" idea. And I seem to recall a scene where the URVDO's invade a girl's slumber party and we see them devour the nubile maidens, complete with buckets of B&W gore? Or am I remembering some other film?[/quote']

You got it in one.

Earlier I watched "Cats Vs Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore" Oh my god it was awful. I loved the first one, because I'm a sucker for dogs. you'd think a movie with Roger Moore voicing a cat would win me over...

but no, this sequel stunk on ice. Perhaps the biggest problem was "Digger" the dog we're supposed to cheer on as our 'young buck protaganist' is..well, an idiot. He makes so many mistakes for so much of the movie that the attempted "The kid is alright" turn around falls utterly flat.

Add to that a lackluster plot, not great voice acting, and a rushed FX /CGI job...and I can't see anyone over six liking this thing.

1 out of 5 stars. The very few 'cute' scenes don't make up for the mess

We watched "Tangled" last night. We enjoyed it quite a bit, and Tavish LOVED it.

I think they left out some of the scenes that were in the previews...

"Frying pans, Who Knew?"

I would love to see an Animated version of "Rapunzel's Revenge" and its sequel.

Thank you. At least my disappointment (upon hearing the bad news) didn't cost me the price of admission like yours did. Thanks for taking one for the team.

Actually, this was on a DVD that was on the cheap... not cheap enough as it actually cost money. But your'e welcome. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news

Just finished the Kenneth Branagh film of Henry V. Probably wouldn't be marketable now, sad to say ("Why should I see Henry V? I didn't even see the first Henry!"), but their interpretation of Agincourt was appropriately messy, brutal and bloody. Among the things left out from the play was Henry's insistence that instead of ransoming French prisoners they were to be killed on the spot ("Bid each man kill his prisoner") -- an act of great cruelty in that day. I wonder whether Shakespeare, who was writing to magnify the glory of his royal patron, was not also inserting subtle touches of irony (such as the epilogue, about how Henry's grand heroism turned out to be all for nothing).