What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

Re: What Have You Watched Recently?

Finally saw Thor, great movie from start to finish. My one regret is the lack of at least a bit of the shakespearian dialogue that is so much a part of the character. Still Sir Anthony gave Odin such gravitas in his delivery that I barely noticed the lack. 9 and a half out of 10 Hammers.

Thor...Liked it a lot.

X-Men: First Class....Also liked it a lot

Spikes Deadliest Warrior: Vampires Vs Zombies....An hour and a half of my life wasted, but now I can honestly say that I watched an episode when I tell people to skip this show completely.

Doctor Who...still liking it.

Strike Back...continues to be good

Secret Circle...Will continue to watch it.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars...This season Anniken gets Dark.

I watched the first post Charlie Sheen episode of Two and a Half Men.

Killed off his character, left a HUGE plot hole if they ever want to bring him back.

Want to get my prediction on the record.

CHARLIE enters from the deck.

ALAN: Charlie! You're alive!

CHARLIE: You say that like Rose never faked someone's death before. You should see the life insurance we collected on Manny. Of Course, I did all the heavy lifting and he kept two thirds of the take. (under his breath) Smooth talking bastard!

CHARLIE continues: Let me ask you something. You all know Rose. When she told you I was dead, and the body had been cremated, did it never occure to ANY of you that that psycho might be holding me prisoner?

BERTA, EVELYN, ALAN and JAKE all mumble and look away.

CHARLIE: My family lives down to my expectations. But Berta, I thought you were smarter, and cared more, than everyone related to me by blood put together. You're fired!

Mostly SFW, includeds an in-character and I BELIEVE broadcast allowed word that implies someone's parents were not married.

Halloween Resurrection Michael Meyers slashes even more people to death in yet another sequel to a tired old franchise. It almost seemed like two movies. The first one was a "short" about Michael Meyers killing people in a mental institution. The other was a mostly full length feature about Michael Meyers slashing people making a "reality TV" show about staying in the old Meyer's house. The first part was creepy and kind of sad. The second part was just sad. For a slasher film, I suppose that it was okay on the whole.

Halloween H20 I only watched a partial to this one. I realized right away that it predated the other. Too bad the titles had an implied order that was not at all accurate. Should have looked closer at the dates. Seemed a bit better made than Resurrection, but still basically a slasher. I don't know why I bother with them really. Maybe I hope some little gem will come tumbling out.

Gothika Great suspense makes this a recommendation. I love a good ghost yarn and this delivers on most of the notes. Last ten minutes or so might have ruined it for me if I had not thoroughly enjoyed what came before.