What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

Re: What Have You Watched Recently?

Sometime this weekend I'll be watching this(and as I told my girlfriend "If you have to ask why, You would never understand.")

DeathDimensionPoster.jpg

Description: The Pig (Harold "Odd Job" Sakata) has a plan to eradicate the population of Nevada with a freeze bomb that instantly turns hot babes into icy cadavers. It is up to Detective Ash (Jim "Black Belt Jones" Kelly) to stop him and stop the sale of this horrible new weapon to the highest bidder. At the same time, he must protect the secret plans for the ice bomb which are embedded in a microdot hidden in the forehead (yes, under the skin and all that) of the inventor's sexy assistant. "Death Dimension" is an adventure that will take Ash into desert mountains, hottie-filled hot tubs, and a helicopter gun fight with Saturday night specials!

If you were expecting "Enter The Dragon", then wake up and smell the groovy funkadelic soundtrack on this one! Jim Kelly takes red jumpsuits to new heights, as he battles Haitian henchmen (yes, we said Haitian!); the ever-grunting, bowler-wearing villain Harold Sakata (hey, hasn't he played a character like this before?); all while George Lazenby wanders around wondering why he gave up being James Bond to be in this movie instead. So if you're looking for a child of the Bruce Lee era that's so bad it's good, then step into the Death Dimension!

Finally got a chance to watch my new DVD of the original "The Thing from Another World". Still a great movie, and from what I can remember, far better than the remake. Which wasn't by all accounts a particularly accurate adaptation of the original short story either. For a start the chase between the Norwegian and the not-dog didn't occur in the original novella.

I rewatched Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow. It was much better than I remember. I haven't seen it since it was in the theaters. Of course, I've read a lot more pulp since then. The movie really does hit on most of the pulp tropes, even the sorta fuzzy sepia tone similar to everything to some early films.

Started watching Supernatural from the beginning. Somehow this slipped under my radar. I'm up to s4 now' date=' and in general I approve. Been able to second guess the monster of the week with round a 40% hit rate, got annoyed at the mispronunciation of Samhain in "It's the Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester" (They exorcise demons. Proper pronunciation should be pretty important.). but I'm still watching. Glad to see the actor who plays Dean get hisself a decent role... I liked him in [i']Dark Angel[/i].

I didn't like his time in Smallville. I do like Supernatural.

Watched The Maltese Falcon last night. Got a replacement on The Mummy: TOTDE. Started watching Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.

I watched the first two episodes of "Once Upon a Time". GREAT SHOW. I highly recommend it!

I'm inclined to agree. The villains maybe the most fascinating aspect of it to me. I still want them to die horribly, of course, or at least be utterly defeated, but they are interesting.

I also enjoyed Grimm's second episode. Monroe maybe my favorite character.

I'm inclined to agree. The villains maybe the most fascinating aspect of it to me. I still want them to die horribly, of course, or at least be utterly defeated, but they are interesting.

I also enjoyed Grimm's second episode. Monroe maybe my favorite character.

looking through IMDB I can't identify Monroe. : help: further please.

And any show with Jennifer Morrison is worth watching.

looking through IMDB I can't identify Monroe. : help: further please.

And any show with Jennifer Morrison is worth watching.

Here, from IMDB on GRIMM

Eddie Monroe is a clockmaker by trade and a blutbad by birth - a "big bad wolf," although he has reformed, and manages his urges by a strict regimen of diet, drugs and Pilates. His family has a long history of conflict with the Grimms, particularly with Nick's ancestors, and says that his parents used to frighten him with tales of Nick's Aunt Marie. Eddie lives alone in a house overlooking a wooded park, and avoids seeing red things, which may set off his transformation into a Wolf. He becomes Nick's reluctant mentor.

Here' date=' from IMDB on GRIMM

Eddie Monroe is a clockmaker by trade and a blutbad by birth - a "big bad wolf," although he has reformed, and manages his urges by a strict regimen of diet, drugs and Pilates. His family has a long history of conflict with the Grimms, particularly with Nick's ancestors, and says that his parents used to frighten him with tales of Nick's Aunt Marie. Eddie lives alone in a house overlooking a wooded park, and avoids seeing red things, which may set off his transformation into a Wolf. He becomes Nick's reluctant mentor.

[/quote'] Cheers, I was looking at the wrong show :oops: