What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

Re: What Have You Watched Recently?

I finally got around to watching Tim Burton's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory because it was on TV last night.

Hate. Screaming, raging hate. I hated it, so much... [stammers] it-it- the f - it -flam - flames. Flames, on the side of my face, breathing-breathl- heaving breaths. Heaving breaths... Heathing...

I finally got around to watching Tim Burton's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory because it was on TV last night.

Hate. Screaming, raging hate. I hated it, so much... [stammers] it-it- the f - it -flam - flames. Flames, on the side of my face, breathing-breathl- heaving breaths. Heaving breaths... Heathing...

On the one hand, it is closer to the book. On the other, it doesn't have the charm that the original did.

CES

Then again, when your dad is Dracula, Saruman, Dooku, Mr. Evil Midnight, and a dentist, it would explain why you'd want to enslave a race tiny people and play mind games with kids.

I know it's been out for a while, and any discussion of it is probably old news to most people here, but I just picked up the mini-series and season 1 of the re-imagined Battlestar Galactica.

Mostly, I'm enjoying it. I enjoyed the mini-series, and the tv episodes have mostly been good. But the premise of the first tv episode almost ruined the entire thing for me. You've lost your water supply? And you can't find more because you're in space and there's no water in space because it's such an amazingly rare substance? Excuse me while I nerd rage.... (spoilered)

Water isn't rare you ignorant f*****g hollywood excuses for dumb$h!t hack writers! It's bad enough you have to use a worn out premise that's been recycled a dozen times... it's not even a scientifically valid one, you pathetic morons. How many people have to point this out, loudly and publicly, before you get something that might possibly vaguely resemble something like a clue and stop writing stupid crap that a seventh-grade science student would be ashamed of? You're all FIRED!!!

Okay, I feel better now.attachment.php?attachmentid=35761&d=1272506218

I know it's been out for a while' date=' and any discussion of it is probably old news to most people here, but I just picked up the mini-series and season 1 of the re-imagined [i']Battlestar Galactica[/i].

Mostly, I'm enjoying it. I enjoyed the mini-series, and the tv episodes have mostly been good. But the premise of the first tv episode almost ruined the entire thing for me. You've lost your water supply? And you can't find more because you're in space and there's no water in space because it's such an amazingly rare substance? Excuse me while I nerd rage.... (spoilered)

Water isn't rare you ignorant f*****g hollywood excuses for dumb$h!t hack writers! It's bad enough you have to use a worn out premise that's been recycled a dozen times... it's not even a scientifically valid one, you pathetic morons. How many people have to point this out, loudly and publicly, before you get something that might possibly vaguely resemble something like a clue and stop writing stupid crap that a seventh-grade science student would be ashamed of? You're all FIRED!!!

Okay, I feel better now.attachment.php?attachmentid=35761&d=1272506218

Ah,geez, now you've gone and ruined Ice Pirates for me.;)