What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

Re: What Have You Watched Recently?

Transformers: Dark Side of the Moon - Delivered exactly what I was expecting. I'll take an extra large serving of popcorn with that one.

Green Lantern - This should have been as Transformers, but it somehow failed to engage me.

Cowboys & Aliens - I liked it. I would probably have liked it a lot more if it were a real Western genre movie. The smoking jet planes used by a species that can magically extract gold was a little jarring. I also wonder about the evolutionary advantage of exposing ones internal organs when using a secondary set of manipulating limbs.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes - Sorry, you caught me snoozing.

I just watched Paranormal Events 3 together with my sister. She rented it "for me", then when she 'watched' it she spent half her time looking away from the screen. It was okay, but it seemed too over-the-top when I compared it to the first two movies, and there seemed to be no real explanation for where the VCR tapes it was recorded on came from. They appear in a bit from the second movie, and then they vanish before anyone looks at them. What the heck?

I also saw an old favorite, the B&W Gunga Din, and mean to soon watch The Man Who Would Be King with Sean Connery.

I also saw an old favorite' date=' the B&W [i']Gunga Din[/i], and mean to soon watch The Man Who Would Be King with Sean Connery.
and Michael Caine, both who had a fun time filming it. On one retrospective Caine said it was his favourite film he had done as both he and Connery put their egos aside and just had fun with it.

Plus it is a fun film to watch.

and Michael Caine, both who had a fun time filming it. On one retrospective Caine said it was his favourite film he had done as both he and Connery put their egos aside and just had fun with it.

Plus it is a fun film to watch.

I love that film. I recall sitting down and watching it with my dad when I was at college and we both loved it. Ain't many films I can say that about.

cheers, Mark

Yesterday-Monday was How Green Was My Valley

Tuesday: A Place In The Sun

Wednesday: Bewitched.

Thursday: My Best Friend's Wedding' date=' Easy A[/quote']

Friday: The Princess Bride -- first time I have seen this all the way through. Enjoyed it.