What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

Re: What Have You Watched Recently?

Speaking of 70's anime' date=' anyone else remember [i']Yusha Raideen[/i]?

I remember watching it on SF channel 20 back in '75-'76, and being deeply offended when they co-opted Raideen into The Shogun Warriors a few years later.

Possibly one of my first true encounters with nerd-rage

I am positive that it's because Raideen shipped in a Shogun Warriors box when the toy (the big ones) came to the US.

You are correct. At a convention once I tried to play a Japanese Playstation game (first generation' date=' which shows you how long ago that was) based on the series. You could use various buttons on the controllers to use many of the MAch Five's special features (all of which are pointless on a real race car).[/quote']

That's pretty boss. I loved that car!

Someone on my block has a motorcycle styled after the Mach 5. It is so awesome I would even give him a pass for sitting and revving the engine at night, which usually makes me wish I had a pallet of bricks handy to dump off my roof onto the offending rider.

ETA: However, I do not give him a pass for racing down the street about 20mph over the speed limit through numerous crosswalks, as I saw him doing this morning. I hope when he crashes it's against a semi or dump truck and thus no innocent parties get pancaked.

Guest Celt

I absolutely must get caught up on this series. I suddenly stopped watching at the end of Season 4.

We tried to keep up with season six but couldn't get over the feeling that season five would have been the place to end it. You can get caught up to season six on Netflix.

Originally, Eric Kripke, had a 5-year plan. And he did step back from the show for Seasons 6 and 7 to work on other projects. Season 6 and 7 have been uneven, but there have been some good episodes.

I have to ask though, the HUGE cliffhanger they ended Season 4 with struck you as a good stopping point?

Originally, Eric Kripke, had a 5-year plan. And he did step back from the show for Seasons 6 and 7 to work on other projects. Season 6 and 7 have been uneven, but there have been some good episodes.

I have to ask though, the HUGE cliffhanger they ended Season 4 with struck you as a good stopping point?

I was watching it e wry week with a girl. We broke up and I started dating 4 women. TV became less interesting :)

Just watched The Fifth Element again. Classic "RPG players borrow lines from this movie" movie.

When I first bought it, I thought I was in for a dry, science-fiction thriller. Imagine my delight when I discovered that it had been liberally seasoned with humor. One of my favorite sci-fi movies. I especially liked... *thinks for a minute* just about everything to do with this movie. I wish there had been a novelization so I could find out some of the backstory of this world/setting. We need to make a setting supplement for that universe, if only for our own use.

Better of Ted continues to be funny and surreal. Shame I didn't support it when it first came out.

Grimm is good. Amazing how Hollywood loves to rip from the Public Domain (and often to good effect) but hates to let anything escape into it ;) but the show has had interesting twists on old tales, and I like it.

When I first bought it' date=' I thought I was in for a dry, science-fiction thriller. Imagine my delight when I discovered that it had been liberally seasoned with humor. One of my favorite sci-fi movies. I especially liked... *thinks for a minute* just about everything to do with this movie. I wish there had been a novelization so I could find out some of the backstory of this world/setting. We need to make a setting supplement for that universe, if only for our own use.[/quote']

Yeah, as soon as it began to play and I realized Moebius was the art designer (cause it was real obvious if you're a fan, and it was all live action and real, and....drool) I squeed and went all fanboy. The fact that it was generally an awesome movie was a double win, and it confirmed Mila among my favorites. *big badda boom*