What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

Re: What Have You Watched Recently?

Originally, Eric Kripke, had a 5-year plan. And he did step back from the show for Seasons 6 and 7 to work on other projects. Season 6 and 7 have been uneven, but there have been some good episodes.

I have to ask though, the HUGE cliffhanger they ended Season 4 with struck you as a good stopping point?

They've been renewed for s8. I understand that the show runner has been replaced, with the previous one being sacrificed on the altar and then salted and burned.

Immortals - Hated it. Bits and pieces of Greek mythology smooshed together with a healthy dose of artistic license. The sad part is that the story itself was not terrible. I've just run that module too many times to be impressed by it anymore.

The Avengers.

Wow... Just... wow. See it.

Also, stay after the film ends for a few neat scenes.

And for those who have seen it. The teaser after the film ended had my entire group up and roaring in approval. So much so, people ended up asking us what the fuss was about.

They've been renewed for s8. I understand that the show runner has been replaced, with the previous one being sacrificed on the altar and then salted and burned.

Yeah, Carver as showrunner means good things for Supernatural, but makes me worry about the quality of Being Human next year.

Yes, I saw the Avengers. And yes, it lives up to the hype. Youtube is great- I've watched The Monolith Monsters, Gorgo & The Black Scorpion all on Youtube. Now I've seen 3/4 of all the movies that Eugene Lourie has directed- I've also watched The Giant Behemoth on Youtube, as well.

Robin Hood (2010) I was unable to suspend my disbelief enough for this movie. There were just too many things I couldn't ignore, from historical context to directional decisions. It had potential, but just one too many WTF?! moments...

I watched:

Scott Pilgrim vs Richelieu, a.k.a. The Three Musketeers

If you want historical accuracy watch something else. I enjoyed it, although there were a few moments when I hat to shut down my critical thinking for my brain's sake (Blocking a sword with the backs of your fingers? Then grabbing the sword blade and you still have all your fingers? His hands! They are made of steel!)

Thor and Loki: Blood Brothers

A "motion comic", this "movie" is a direct adaptation of the Loki miniseries. It's good. It tells the tale of what happens when Loki defeats Thor and rules Asgard. Its a pretty good story, though it's more psychological (and adult) than your typical animated superhero fare.

Spiderwoman, Agent of SWORD

Meh! Not anything as good as Thor and Loki, and the story isn't that compelling to me. Your opinion may differ.

Civilisation: A Personal View by Lord Clark parts 4-6. We end in around 1600 with the Shakespeare and a real surprise. This was made in 1966-68. They did an extract from Hamlet with Ronald Lacey as the gravedigger (you know him from Indiana Jones Raiders of the Lost Ark, the Nazi with the spectacles), Ian Richardson as Hamlet and Patrick (Jean Luc Picard) as Horatio. Very good.

Civilisation: A Personal View by Lord Clark parts 7-13. This goes through the ages of reason and the enlightenment and ends in the mid 60s when this was made. It is very good and I'm surprised that I have never seen it repeated much like The Ascent of Man.

Civilisation came first, so it is a bit surprising. The Ascent of Man was effectively a spin-off.

and I still get a giggle of 'Lord of Civilisation'.