What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

Re: What Have You Watched Recently?

The Hebrew Hammer, a jewish hero in the mold of 70s Blaxploitation movies tries to stop Santa's plot to end chanukah. Basically Undercover Brother with jewish stereotypes. Mindless fun if you like this sort of thing.

Sharktopus.

The first half wasn't bad.

As long as you fast forward through all the boring stuff and just look at the bikini babes.

Honestly, just don't watch it.

Yeah, saw it. The monster was cool looking, but not enough to save it. Made Plan 9 from outer space a master piece by comparison.

John Carter

I read most of ERB's Mars, Venus, and Pellucidar titles in Jr. High & High School. The imagery wasn't what I had imagined with the aid of Frank Frazetta, but the story was pretty good, and they left it open for a sequel, which I plan to see when it finally gets made.

The Island of Doctor Moreau

The one with Val Kilmer and Marlon Brando. Another title I read years before I saw the movie. Better than the one with Burt Lancaster and Michael York. Next month I plan to acquire Island of Lost Souls and The Twilight People so I can compare them.

have you tried wiping the disc off it may be dirty

Heh, I generally check that kind of thing before I even put one in, and this is an entirely new, previously unwatched disc. Nothing on the surface, no visible marks, dings or scratches of any kind. Unfortunately, I've had it for a while, only just got around to watching it. Will give it another try, perhaps in a different dvd player, or on my pc, see if that works.

Watched the first (of five) discs of the latter day Battlestar Galactica, Season One. Seems pretty solid, though I'm told by the folks I borrowed it from that Season Two was a letdown. I remember the original having a similar track record. Funny how that works...

Also in the past few days, The Land That Time Forgot, The People That Time Forgot and At The Earth's Core. Those silly Doug McClure movies really made a lasting impression on me when I was a kid. The only one I've never been able to track down is Warlords Of Atlantis... which I vaguely recall as being the silliest of the bunch. I don't care; I still want it. :P

sherlock holmes agame of shadows

Hey ! I just said that on the previous page !

Underworld: Awakening. If you like seeing Kate in that suit, watch it. If you want to complete the set, watch it. If you want an antidote to Twilight, watch it.

Otherwise 'tis a slight confection.