What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

Re: What Have You Watched Recently?

Das Boot. If there is a more classic submarine movie out there' date=' I'm unaware of it. I watched the extended version, something like 3.5 hours in the black deeps of the ocean. Worth watching.[/quote']

Agreed.

Watched Superman vs The Elite. Basically addresses the question of why Superman doesn't fight force with like force when he takes on some decidedly shady super "heroes". Good stuff. I prefer my heroes heroic over the questionable "anti hero " stuff that seems to be so common these days.

After many decades of "one of these days"es' date=' I finally saw [b']Dr. Strangelove...[/b] last evening. It was all the experience that I believed it would be. I can just imagine the effect it must have had in 1964.

"Well, Dmitri, one of our generals has gone and done a silly thing ..."

After many decades of "one of these days"es' date=' I finally saw [b']Dr. Strangelove...[/b] last evening. It was all the experience that I believed it would be. I can just imagine the effect it must have had in 1964.

Oh. I have that on blue-ray and similar to you it is "one of these days" films for me. So far unwatched.

Well, one of these days...right? :winkgrin:

The Cave.

Latest episodes of Banshee, Person of Interest, Elementary, Arrow, Supernatural, The Following, Bones, The Walking Dead, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Green Lantern:The Animated Series, Young Justice.......

Holy crap, I watch a lot of TV during the week. And this is just the stuff I thought was really good.

The pilot for Cult. It was kind of meh, but wasn't so bad I won't watch another episode to see if it gets better.

The Stallone version nailed the sets and even had an appearance by an ABC Warrior. Beautiful to look at. Bad plot and acting.

The Urban version lacked on sets. It was, however, perfect on plot and characterization.

Pretty much my opinion. Stallone's Dredd had the right look to it. Dredd the movie felt right.

Just watched the Stallone version, and both of you are spot on. It looked and felt like a scifi distopian future. The plot and acting was as campy and poor as I remembered it.