What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

Re: What Have You Watched Recently?

I read the first 2 or 3 books a few years ago. So I had a good idea what was going on.

Is the TV show based on the books or are the books based on the TV? Or is it sorta like "the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy". a book based on a tv show that's based on a radio show?

The books are based on the TV show' date=' as far as I know.[/quote']

Yup. They also follow different continuities, despite having the same writers. I think that's partly because in books you don't have to worry about the SFX budget.

The Tick v. Season One and The Tick v. Season Two.

The digital transfer isn't very good. You'd think an animated series trasferred to DVD would be pretty crisp, but it isn't. It's often grainy.

For my lunchtime viewing, I'm wading in on The Ghost Whisperer. When it came out on TV I couldn't watch it because of the lameass name. Now they're well into the series and I still hear good things, so I picked up the season 1 & 2 DVD set. So far, pretty entertaining, though they often veer toward the weepy a little more than the scary.

I've gotten hooked on the TV Series (I think it's NBC) Life with Damian Lewis (of Band of Brothers and DreamCatcher fame). He plays a post-jail, zen inspired cop, and he's freaking brilliant. I also watched the Saints destroy what's left of the Falcons. Then I slept.

I've gotten hooked on the TV Series (I think it's NBC) Life with Damian Lewis (of Band of Brothers and DreamCatcher fame). He plays a post-jail' date=' zen inspired cop, and he's freaking brilliant. I also watched the Saints destroy what's left of the Falcons. Then I slept.[/quote']

Heh. I just watched the first two episodes of Band of Brothers.

Black Snake Moan. This movie tackles a hell of a lot, and as such the ending is abrupt and optimistically over-tidy. That aside, man it tackles it all really well. I was stunned at how much this movie delivered, albeit in its own weird way. Anti-spoiler below.

There's a lot less sex than you think, which is a good thing. No, Sam and Christina do not get it on. That's not the point of the movie.

Anyway, it has redemption, salvation, adaptation, growth, and people helping each other because it helps them to do so. It's a damn good movie, with a great soundtrack. And Ms. Ricci is mostly naked for most of the movie, which doesn't hurt a bit. She could use a few (about a hundred. Someone buy the woman a cheesecake, so we can have thecheesecake she usd to sport back.) good meals, but she works the skinny for all its worth.

Heh. I just watched the first two episodes of Band of Brothers.

I think in Episode 5 he goes positively postal. It's fantastic. Well worth the price of admission, he does a phenomenal job. If you liked him in BoB, you'll probably enjoy Life. Not that the characters have anything in common, but his style comes through very clearly in both (unlike DreamCatcher, which was a smear on his record).

Just saw Babylon 5: Legend of the Rangers for the second time. Just confirmed my initial impression - some good ideas' date=' some really, really bad ideas, but overall weak, and insufficient to hold up as a series.[/quote']

While I agree with most of your assessment, I thought B5:LotR was worthwhile for one quote:

"We live for the One, and we die for the One. But we don't die stupidly."

I've gotten hooked on the TV Series (I think it's NBC) Life with Damian Lewis (of Band of Brothers and DreamCatcher fame). He plays a post-jail' date=' zen inspired cop, and he's freaking brilliant. I also watched the Saints destroy what's left of the Falcons. Then I slept.[/quote']

I only caught one episode of Life. I was impressed, but it had been running opposite something else, maybe two somethings. Now that there's nothing on TV I wish they'd run it again from the beginning.

Hard to believe' date=' but I just watched [i']The Iron Giant[/i] for the first time.

Wow. Just...wow.

(And hey, now I can say I've actually seen a Jennifer Aniston movie that didn't suck!)

Easily one of my favorite animated movies of all time. I still get teary eyed whenever I watch the ending.

*sniff*

Brad Bird knows his stuff.

Also, I'd like to add that it's Vin Diesel's greatest role, hands down.

Easily one of my favorite animated movies of all time. I still get teary eyed whenever I watch the ending.

*sniff*

Brad Bird knows his stuff.

Also, I'd like to add that it's Vin Diesel's greatest role, hands down.

Bird is the greatest feature animator working in America today, and that on the basis of only three films because those three films are that spectacularly good.

Bourne Supremacy. As I expected' date=' it was a fun movie. They toned down a lot of the hand camera-ing that was in the second movie, making the action scenes actually watchable, which is a major plus. All in all, a good finish to the trilogy.[/quote']You mean perhaps Bourne Ultimatum? Ver' good movie, can't wait for it to come out on dvd. :bounce: