What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

Re: What Have You Watched Recently?

I recently received the first season of Grimm. It too is on my "get around to it" viewing list' date=' which is very, very long.[/quote']

I've watched the first two episodes and simply could not muster any enthusiasm to watch another. And I really like the genre and concept. Sad.

OTOH, I've never seen Babylon 5 and the last couple of months, a bunch of us (only one of whom has seen it before) have been meeting 2-3 times a month to watch an evening's worth of episodes. It looks pretty cheesy by today's standards, the acting is mostly horrible and the plot has more holes than a cheese grater, but put it together with good friends, dinner and wine and it's proving entertaining enough. At least it clearly *has* a plot and that's more than you can say for most TV series.

cheers, Mark

Charlie's Angels. Retro-campy fun. And cleavage, oh my, the cleavage. I don't think there is a single frame in that movie that doesn't have a pair of boobs in it, and generally 2-4.

I'm also watching Todd, and the Book of Pure Evil. My friend who recommended it described it "Like Buffy, but campier with heavy metal." 4 episodes in, I'm prone to agree. A little more awkward highschool humor then I like, but overall fun.

Babylon five gets amazing. Amazon has the entire series and the four movies for just a little over $100 now. So I bought it.

I have 5 movies. And, no, I'm not counting 'Legend of the Rangers' in the 5.

The Gathering.

In the Beginning.

River of Souls.

Thirdspace.

A Call to Arms.

There was also Babylon 5: The Lost Tales and the previously mentioned Legend of the Rangers. Which is the only B5 DVD I don't own.

Edit: 7 movies total. The 5 listed together are one set, the others are sold as individual movies.

I have 5 movies. And, no, I'm not counting 'Legend of the Rangers' in the 5.

The Gathering.

In the Beginning.

River of Souls.

Thirdspace.

A Call to Arms.

There was also Babylon 5: The Lost Tales and the previously mentioned Legend of the Rangers. Which is the only B5 DVD I don't own.

Edit: 7 movies total. The 5 listed together are one set, the others are sold as individual movies.

I'd forgotten the other two (and tried to forget Legend of the Rangers). I'll order them as well.

The series premiere of Teen Wolf with cast commentary. Kind of like having a MST3K viewing party with your friends; the cast all get along great and make fun of each other/tell jokes/share TMI throughout the episode, making material whose writing is, shall we say... mediocre into a great viewing experience.

Charlie's Angels 2 Full throttle. Bad, very bad. It goes far beyond suspension of disbelief. Wirework fight scenes are fine, but some of the antics and tricks were just to far over the top. Even half naked hot chicks were not enough to save this movie.

Eric Bana's Hulk film is still better overall then Ed Norton's. Bana's film turns Hulk into the USA's Godzilla -- product of their misuse of nature thus creation of a monster.

Things i like in Bana's film

Hulk -- even though CGI I like his size and the combat scenes. Combat scenes also remind me of King Kong

Hulk refers to Banner as "puny human" -- that has got to be a big LOL with regards to Avenger's "puny god"

Sam Elliot IS General Ross -- perfect casting there

I prefer Jennifer Connelly to Liz Tyler.

I like the "Greek tragedy" of it -- the father-son aspect. Reminds me of the myth of Icarus.

Also like Hulk bounding over the country side going from one rock formation to another. That captures that aspect of the character really well.

Things i like in Norton's Hulk

Of the two Banner's I like Norton's portrayal better (as i think he is a better actor)

I like the university combat scene in Norton's film.

Goofy things in Bana's Hulk film

Yes, the hulking dogs. But really they are as part of comic books as any mutated animal (eg Red-Ghost's Super-Apes)

And that Banner's Dad becomes Absorbing Man is s wrong fit. But I don't mind the "absorbing" aspect being shown on screen.

Hulk is two stories tall (a regular person comes up to Hulk's waist). For the combat scenes with military it think it is fine, but against people it seems goofy.