What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

• 2 weeks later...

Watched the latest Sherlock with Benedict Cumberbatch, the Abominable Bride. I have mixed feelings on this episode. I have enjoyed this series immensely, but felt this episode was just way to strange. If I were telling people how good the series is and this was the 2 hour show they tuned into, they would have wondered what the heck I was talking about. I realize it was an episode to show Sherlock's drug addiction and its effects, but was just odd. Cumberbatch and Freeman were excellent, as was everyone else, I am just not really sure it fit with the overall feel of the first 2 series.

Watched the first two episodes of the 6-episode X-Files mini-series. The first episode really let me down. The second one was a neat callback to the original series and would make a pretty good supervillain team origin story. I'll probably like episodes 2-5, and hate 6 as much as I did 1.

Episode 3 - Mulder and Scully Meet The Were-monster was amazing. I'd put it on par with Jose Chung's From Outer Space.

giphy.gif

Just watched one season of Attack on Titan, lot okay like all Netflix has. Gruesome, not sure it was worth the Gore..

Also Berserk: the egg of the king. Kinda similar opinion.

Started watching The Seven Deadly Sins. Interesting, torn whether telling my son the pervert antics of Maliotis makes him an assailed, jackass, etc is enough, but otherwise. Mostly good. I do hate seeing good people murdered though...

Re latest X-Files episode:

http://www.tvinsider.com/article/70084/the-x-files-episode-3-monster-with-a-fun-twist-darin-morgan-rhys-darby/

Is there anything else you want to say about revisiting these characters?

Darin Morgan: The only general thing is, now that some episodes have been seen…The X-Files was a unique show because the fans all had a different idea of what they liked about it; it was different. Sometimes someone liked the mythology. Some preferred the standalone monster of the week. Some people liked the comedy episodes, some people didn't. And so, knowing we're doing six, we knew that some people weren't going to like certain episodes.

I'm sure there's some frustration from people watching, because they're not used to that anymore: shows being really different from episode to episode. That's what the show always was…it felt like that was the way to do it. I'm not apologizing for that. I'm just telling fans, if you didn't like this particular episode or one of the other ones, wait until next week [which] will be entirely different. Maybe they'll like that. It's very difficult to appeal to everyone at all times. That's been the weird thing about going back. I knew some people were going to be unhappy about certain things, and there's nothing we can do about it.

Advice: keep watching. Some episode you will like, and others hate, and vice versa. This is the nature of the show, each episode is different from the last. 

Re latest X-Files episode:

http://www.tvinsider.com/article/70084/the-x-files-episode-3-monster-with-a-fun-twist-darin-morgan-rhys-darby/

Advice: keep watching. Some episode you will like, and others hate, and vice versa. This is the nature of the show, each episode is different from the last. 

I would have preferred a story arc, despite the X-Files being episodic in nature. But that's because there are only six episodes.