What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

13 hours ago, Hermit said:

The Orville continues to entertain, the first two episodes in Season 2 were so so...but it really picked up

I do not know where to watch Orville. Thus far it did not appear on Netflix and all I could see was fragments on youtube.

Watched the first 2 Episodes of Discovery Season 2. Thus far it is starting rather slowly, but hat could just me not knowing what the Focus/Story is yet.

1 hour ago, Christopher said:

I do not know where to watch Orville. Thus far it did not appear on Netflix and all I could see was fragments on youtube.

Watched the first 2 Episodes of Discovery Season 2. Thus far it is starting rather slowly, but hat could just me not knowing what the Focus/Story is yet.

I believe that distribution of The Orville is limited to a few countries. It's made for the Fox TV Network here in the US, and episodes show up on the Fox website, as well as Hulu and Amazon Prime, but the last two require subscriptions/purchases. Wikipedia lists it as available in the UK on Fox UK's streaming service, in Australia on SBS Viceland and SBS on Demand, and in New Zealand on TVNZ On Demand.

I haven't watched any episodes of ST:D, as it's primarily available through the CBS All Access subscription service, and I refuse to add a subscription for only one show. 

Particularly enjoyed the last episode of the Orville involving a civilization which bases your societal worth based on astrological signs.  Was sorry to see the old security officer go**, but I've enjoyed her two replacements so far.

**As a Star Trek parody, it seems particularly fitting that the security officer should exit the show fairly early on.  :)

2 new Netflix movies:

Polar:  A graphic sex and violence John Wickish action piece starring Mads Mikkelson.  Hitman trying to retire hunted by an eccentric team of assassins sent by his former employer.  Tries to be stylistic in spots and main character has some depth.  Action is excellent and throws in a solid twist at the end.  B-

Close:  A thriller with Noomi Rapace as close security protection for a troubled heir to a chem company.  Some subpar dialogue and a clumsy attempt at keeping you from knowing who and why the young girl is being hunted.  Rapace drives the movie pretty well though.  C 

On 1/4/2019 at 11:15 AM, Lord Liaden said:

I found a large number of episodes of those classic Hanna-Barbera animated adventure series on the European file-sharing website, Dailymotion. Space Ghost, Jonny Quest, Herculoids (my personal favorite). Much great vintage stuff there, often things not hosted on YouTube.

Oh man, I loved that stuff! Johnny Quest is the go to for Action entertainment! I also like the Herculoids, the  Hoyt Curtin’s Music cues just shout “excitement!” To me. 

Continuing in a cartoon vein.I have been watching Three Below”, the next series of Guillermo Del Toro’s Arcadia Trilogy.  A coup de etat occurs on a distant planet, The prince and Princess of the deposed aristocracy glee with their protector and the crystals of their parent, to a low tech back water called Earth. They crash land in/near the town of Arcadia Oaks, a town in the middle of the last season of Troll Hunters.  Meanwhile, the general that instigated the coup realizes he does not have the Royal Heirs, and so dispatches Bounty Hunters, The Zeron Brotherhood. To collect them. An acquaintance of mine, did the design of the Zeron Brotherhood, and when they are on scree, the show changes from a kid’s show, to an action thriller. 

8 hours ago, Starlord said:

Particularly enjoyed the last episode of the Orville involving a civilization which bases your societal worth based on astrological signs.  Was sorry to see the old security officer go**, but I've enjoyed her two replacements so far.

**As a Star Trek parody, it seems particularly fitting that the security officer should exit the show fairly early on.  :)

Someone said the original chief got a movie offer.

CES 

On 1/28/2019 at 7:12 AM, Ternaugh said:

I believe that distribution of The Orville is limited to a few countries. It's made for the Fox TV Network here in the US, and episodes show up on the Fox website, as well as Hulu and Amazon Prime, but the last two require subscriptions/purchases. Wikipedia lists it as available in the UK on Fox UK's streaming service, in Australia on SBS Viceland and SBS on Demand, and in New Zealand on TVNZ On Demand.

I haven't watched any episodes of ST:D, as it's primarily available through the CBS All Access subscription service, and I refuse to add a subscription for only one show. 

So it is was not just me being to blind to find Orville.

As for DISCO, it is also viewable on Netflix. Indeed it was the reason I originally got a Netflix subscription. Have not regreted it so far.

On 1/28/2019 at 11:54 AM, Starlord said:

Please, 2nd season. Tasha Yar/Denise Cosby left before the 1st Season finished!

But she pulled a terminator and said "I'll be back as Sela".

2 hours ago, Christopher said:

So it is was not just me being to blind to find Orville.

As for DISCO, it is also viewable on Netflix. Indeed it was the reason I originally got a Netflix subscription. Have not regreted it so far.

Please, 2nd season. Tasha Yar/Denise Cosby left before the 1st Season finished!

But she pulled a terminator and said "I'll be back as Sela".

Star Trek: Discovery is indeed available on Netflix--except in the United States, where it's first-run on CBS All Access and able to be purchased on Amazon Video.

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 7:16 AM, Scott Ruggels said:

Oh man, I loved that stuff! Johnny Quest is the go to for Action entertainment! I also like the Herculoids, the  Hoyt Curtin’s Music cues just shout “excitement!” To me. 

Continuing in a cartoon vein.I have been watching Three Below”, the next series of Guillermo Del Toro’s Arcadia Trilogy.  A coup de etat occurs on a distant planet, The prince and Princess of the deposed aristocracy glee with their protector and the crystals of their parent, to a low tech back water called Earth. They crash land in/near the town of Arcadia Oaks, a town in the middle of the last season of Troll Hunters.  Meanwhile, the general that instigated the coup realizes he does not have the Royal Heirs, and so dispatches Bounty Hunters, The Zeron Brotherhood. To collect them. An acquaintance of mine, did the design of the Zeron Brotherhood, and when they are on scree, the show changes from a kid’s show, to an action thriller. 

wait, the deposed aristocracy are a bunch of high school singing club? (yes, I know what you meant, but autofills make me laugh, one of the best parts of Ralph Wrecks the Internet is the over aggressive auto fill).

On 1/30/2019 at 11:21 AM, Pariah said:

Justice League Unlimited Season 1. The last three episodes, "Panic in the Sky", "Divided We Fall", and "Epilogue", are all among the best episodes of any animated series I've ever seen.

Those episodes were in season 2.