What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

Re: What Have You Watched Recently?

I have been watching a lot of DVD's recently. Tonight was Rambo, Ferris Buellers Day off and part of Vol 3 of Batman the animated series. Me and my daughter also watched Princess of thieves, and I watched a DVR'd Robocop: Prime directive (it was my day off)

Quest of the Dragon.

This movie is about a "dragon spear" and the baddie, a demon, possessing the buddy of the protagonist and raising an army of townsfolk to "take over the world", that happens in a small town called Dry Springs. Other stuff happens...

I saw both Planet Terror and Death Proof as split apart versions.

I liked both but Planet Terror better than Death Proof. The transformation in Stuntman Mike was good as he went from hunter to hunted. And the second batch of women was supposed to have two real stunt women in it. I know that the New Zealand girl was but I don't know for a fact that the other one was.

What made Planet Terror more enjoyable was the characters and how they progressed through the film.

I just picked up he first season of Justice League from the local library. I've watched the series premiere, "Secret Origins", and the second story, "In Blackest Night".

The latter was particularly satisfying because I've seen the first half of that story several times, but never the second. That's one of the dangers of the 'Let's make every story run two episodes' approach the show used, I suppose. Good to finally see how it ends. I expect I'll encounter the same thing a few more times as I make my way through the show.

Alas, I've only got it for two weeks, so I'd better get back to my DVD player now... :)

The King Of Kong. I recommend it without reservation. It is one of the best movies I've seen recently. Get this, it's a documentary about some guy who is pursuing the world record on Donkey Kong. No, I'm not kidding you. It is also one of the best feel good underdog movies I've ever seen. It's like Rocky or Karate Kid, but with real people.

You really couldn't write script that nailed the genre better. The protagonist is likeable. The villain is despicable, and the ending is just note perfect.

The King Of Kong. I recommend it without reservation. It is one of the best movies I've seen recently. Get this, it's a documentary about some guy who is pursuing the world record on Donkey Kong. No, I'm not kidding you. It is also one of the best feel good underdog movies I've ever seen. It's like Rocky or Karate Kid, but with real people.

You really couldn't write script that nailed the genre better. The protagonist is likeable. The villain is despicable, and the ending is just note perfect.

Awesome, I can't wait to see it. As a huge fan of underdog videogame themed movies of the 80s like the Last Starfighter and the Wizard, I'm sure this is right up my alley.

The Animaniacs episode in which Pinky and the Brain do a cartoon version (nearly verbatim) of the famous Orson Welles commercial recording session. I pulled out the tape with this one as I found the original Orson Welles recording just the other day. :cool:

The Muppet Show

appearances by Vincent Price, Milton Berle, Steve Martin, and Bob Hope.

Just started watching the anime Phantom Quest Corp. It is a 4-episode series sold on a single DVD. I have watched episode 1 so far. I was a little too sleepy so I probably didn't absorb as much of it as normal. So far I'd rate it 3 stars out of 5. Perhaps I should re-watch it when my mind is less cloudy.

I finally saw "The Specials" last week. I found it to be oddly touching, and very entertaining. I'm not normally big on attempts to make superheroes 'realistic', and god knows they were dysfunctional as hell, but the movie pulled it off well.

Last week, Corwin and I watched the first Season of House. I really enjoyed it.

I also got to see Little Miss Sunshine. Loved it.

Lost was on and I am back into looking forward to that.

This week I have the following

Doc Savage the Man of Bronze. I found a cheap VHS copy.

Season two of House should be in this week via NetFlix.

Just watched Battlestar Galactica: Razor. Not bad. It restored my faith that the BSG team could actually tell a story that didn't make me root for the cylons. The dogfighting scenes with a young Bill Adama were absolutely the best ever. Wow! Instantly pulled me out of my indecisiveness as it relates to gaming.