What Have You Watched Recently?

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The City On the Egde of Forever. Arguably the best episode of the original series, and certainly one of the most powerful. I suppose that every sci-fi series eventually addresses the issue of "one (or

Just rewatched The Shadow. I may be in the minority, but I really liked Baldwin's Shadow, and the characters in it. John Lone was excellent as the over the top Shiwan Khan, Tim Curry made a great toad

I remember when there was a decent Nancy Drew show on tv, but back then it was called Veronica Mars.

Posted Images

I watched the first season of Titans on a loaner DVD from the library. I have to eat crow, based on the promos when it first came out I thought it would be an overly-edgy shitshow like an R-rated version of most of the CW superhero shows, but it was actually quite good. All of the principal actors and most of the major guest ones except the guy who played Niles Caulder and maybe Alan Ritchson are really good, and I got pulled into the story very quickly.

The Umbrella Academy.  A well executed, if dark and extremely strange, take on the teen-superhero genre.  Season One was slow and predictable, but character driven enough to keep it interesting.  Season Two was actually better, though I am not a fan of time travel as a plot device at all.

15 hours ago, Old Man said:

The Umbrella Academy.  A well executed, if dark and extremely strange, take on the teen-superhero genre.  Season One was slow and predictable, but character driven enough to keep it interesting.  Season Two was actually better, though I am not a fan of time travel as a plot device at all.

Time Travel.  When no one has any ideas for a plot or storyline and the contract has to be fulfilled in two days.

I really enjoyed S1.  I had never read the source material, so my opinion was totally based on the show.

I still haven't made it all the way through the first episode of S2.  It just doesn't hold my attention.

3 minutes ago, Spence said:

Time Travel.  When no one has any ideas for a plot or storyline and the contract has to be fulfilled in two days.

I really enjoyed S1.  I had never read the source material, so my opinion was totally based on the show.

I still haven't made it all the way through the first episode of S2.  It just doesn't hold my attention.

There's source material?  :D

1 hour ago, Spence said:

Maayyybeee? 🤔

I thought it was based on a graphic novel.  But I never looked into it so l'm guessing.

I’m pretty sure there’s a comic book if not a graphic novel. But I’ve never actually seen one so I wouldn’t know. 

I thought S2 was better than S1 also.  I just enjoyed the fact that the siblings seemed to be coming closer as a family.  I have several critiques and suggestions, but that would be better done in a separate Umbrella Academy thread or such.

When time travel is the McGuffin - as it is in Umbrella Academy - I generally don't mind.  When time travel is the deus ex machina, I'm usually left with a bad taste in my mouth.

Taxi Driver.  Never got around to seeing this so when it came up on Netflix I made a point of doing so.  It's amazing how Scorsese was able to make a film about an incel militia wannabe 44 years before it was "cool".  It wasn't dated at all--in fact it might be more relevant today than it was when it was made.  Worth the wait.