What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

Re: What Have You Watched Recently?

The Gorgon , an old and not terribly good Hammer film, despite the casting of both Peter Cuishing and Christopher Lee.

Dark City : The Director's Cut . I liked it betetr the first time and I am reminded why I haven't watching it since it was first released. Cool in some ways, but overwrought and sometimes nonsensical. I couldn't figure out how it was different from the first version.

Dark City : The Director's Cut . I liked it betetr the first time and I am reminded why I haven't watching it since it was first released. Cool in some ways, but overwrought and sometimes nonsensical. I couldn't figure out how it was different from the first version.

Haven't seen it yet, but supposedly they changed around some scenes and added some that hadn't been in any other editions. I'm actually looking forward to seeing it.

Been watching a lot of Olympics in the background.

1) Woman's beach volleyball is one of the most interesting sports ever ... for about five minutes. Tall, nearly nude and wonderfully fit women running and playing. Then I get bored, which probably means I have low testosterone levels.

2) Woman's gymnastics is less sexy than woman's beach volleyball, mostly because so many of the participants look under-age. However, it's more entertaining. I can take about ten minutes before I'm bored.

3) It's arguably sexist of me that I watch some Olympic sports based on how attractive I find the female participants.

4) Weightlifting, as always, gets almost no coverage. Same with TKD and Judo. Boxing at least gets a little. I don't really care about track. Swimming remains dull even with attractive participants.

I've been watching the second season of Hidamari Sketch, an anime series about art students living in a small, girls-only apartment complex across the street from their school. The series is pleasantly sweet, with an earnest young girl as the protagonist, but there are also some subtextual things going on -- like the cosplay-maniac teacher (who in the most recent episode shows up in class clad only in apron, swimsuit underneath and slippers -- which only weirds out the class) and the interesting relationship between the two girls who live in the downstairs flats at the apartment building.

There is this utter perv of a fan writer I've been trying to turn on to this show, just to see the chaos that would result.

Finished the Olympics file I was working on and was given ArenaBowl to watch. Does anyone watch Arena Football and not get paid for it?

i don't get paid to watch football,but i do watch it,as well as boxing and MMA

last thing i watched was dc super-heroes the fimation years top notch:thumbup::thumbup:

The Mummy: Tomb Of The Dragon Emperor

I hadn't planned to see this, but my nephews and oldest niece wanted to, so I went along. I should have stayed at home.

It was only marginally better than the poor effort of The Mummy Returns. Manna Bello isn't exactly bad, but this is one case where it would have been better kill off the character in the background than to recast. Other than a few chuckles, just flat.

Rating: 2.5 out of 5

Finished the X-Files: S7 the other day, and somewhat happy to say that I'm officially done with the series. 7 started out pretty good with a few entertaining episodes, but went downhill really fast. Once the series moved to LA, you could tell that their hearts just weren't in it anymore. And I'd like to say that it's unfortunate that the writers have no idea what's going on the vast majority of the time. Mulder's sister's story? Their effort to resolve it was completely laughable and makes absolutely no sense.

After seeing the "I Want to Believe" movie, I'm more than happy to sit out the last two seasons.

Oh well, now to start either Burn Notice or The Adventures of Briscoe County Jr.

Finished the X-Files: S7 the other day, and somewhat happy to say that I'm officially done with the series. 7 started out pretty good with a few entertaining episodes, but went downhill really fast. Once the series moved to LA, you could tell that their hearts just weren't in it anymore. And I'd like to say that it's unfortunate that the writers have no idea what's going on the vast majority of the time. Mulder's sister's story? Their effort to resolve it was completely laughable and makes absolutely no sense.

After seeing the "I Want to Believe" movie, I'm more than happy to sit out the last two seasons.

Oh well, now to start either Burn Notice or The Adventures of Briscoe County Jr.

Yeah, I stopped cold around that time, too. Working on the last DVD for the first season of X-Files right now, then its on to season 2.

Also, Olympics. How can you not watch at least some of it? Watched all of the women's all-around gymnastics. Amazing stuff.

Just watched the three episodes of Chuck that they have posted on NBC.com. Notable only because Adam "Jayne Cobb" Baldwin is in it. I think the actor that played Simon (Firefly/Serenity) has some small parts. Overall, it can't decide whether it wants to be a sitcom, spy thriller or romantic comedy and thus fails at being any of them.

30 Days of Night

This is to vampire movies what 28 Days Later was to zombie movies. Not so much as in direct plot points, more as in the overall feeling. Definitely not a classical style vampire movie.

Might have been good, but basically was plagued with forgettable performances and mediocre story telling. Special effects were okay. Too bad really, because the build-up was pretty spooky.

I wouldn't recommend it unless you are a vampire film afficiado.