What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

Re: What Have You Watched Recently?

I liked it a lot and really wish the live-action films could have been more like this.

Did the Lobster Johnson animated film ever come out?

Not that I know of, but there is a Lobster Johnson graphic novel, The Iron Prometheus, available right now and it's very good. Lots of Nazi- smashing, fighting Fu Manchu-style fun.

I saw that' date=' but I can't remember the part you mention with Professor Broom. Can you maybe tell me in spoilers?[/quote']

Okay, then.

At one point Broom, Hellboy, and another agent find the guy who hired them with his throat slit and lying next to a bathtub filled with his blood. Broom knows that this means that the vampire, Erzebet Ondrushko, is around. He and Liz go searching for her when Hellboy gets distracted by a fight with a werewolf. Erzebet knocks Liz out and drags Broom off (he killed her years before after half blinding her with a faceful of holy water -- which he still carries along with him for just such an emergency).

Broom awakes in the 'bathroom'. Erzebet mocks him, smacks him around, and then bathes in the blood. Restored to her full youth and beauty, she closes in on Broom... and shudders in agony, her eyes wide with horror, as her face wrinkles, her hair goes white and starts to fall out, and her skin starts smoking. She gasps out at Broom: "What did you do to me?"

Broom (holding up his container of holy water, turned upside down to reveal that it's empty): "My contribution to your bath."

Erzebet turns into a corpselike horror. Broom smashes a wooden chair against the wall, and when she leaps at him, catches her right on the stake.

That movie made Broom seriously bada$$. We're talking Peter Cushing as Van Helsing here.

Okay, then.

At one point Broom, Hellboy, and another agent find the guy who hired them with his throat slit and lying next to a bathtub filled with his blood. Broom knows that this means that the vampire, Erzebet Ondrushko, is around. He and Liz go searching for her when Hellboy gets distracted by a fight with a werewolf. Erzebet knocks Liz out and drags Broom off (he killed her years before after half blinding her with a faceful of holy water -- which he still carries along with him for just such an emergency).

Broom awakes in the 'bathroom'. Erzebet mocks him, smacks him around, and then bathes in the blood. Restored to her full youth and beauty, she closes in on Broom... and shudders in agony, her eyes wide with horror, as her face wrinkles, her hair goes white and starts to fall out, and her skin starts smoking. She gasps out at Broom: "What did you do to me?"

Broom (holding up his container of holy water, turned upside down to reveal that it's empty): "My contribution to your bath."

Erzebet turns into a corpselike horror. Broom smashes a wooden chair against the wall, and when she leaps at him, catches her right on the stake.

That movie made Broom seriously bada$$. We're talking Peter Cushing as Van Helsing here.

Thanks!

Not that I know of' date=' but there [i']is[/i] a Lobster Johnson graphic novel, The Iron Prometheus, available right now and it's very good. Lots of Nazi- smashing, fighting Fu Manchu-style fun.

Yeah, I have that and Abe Sapien: The Drowning.

I need to get back to me Hellboy to Hero conversions.

Finished rewatching the first season of Batman:The Animated Series yesterday.

Well worth watching,and miles better than the cartoon series that followed it.

I also saw Back To The Future II and III for the first time ,and I was amazed at how-ADVANCED it was.We certainly don't have hover technology yet,much less any type of practical fusion reactor,but what really bothered me was the fact that lawyers have been abolished in that future.If things are as totalitarian as they seemed,how come that future is so advanced?

Resident Evil

Resident Evil: Apocalypse

Resident Evil: Extinction

The Road Warrior

Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome

Hard Candy

The Best of Mr. Ed Vol. 1

Now I'm having visions of a talking horse fighting zombies while looking for gasoline.

Resident Evil

Resident Evil: Apocalypse

Resident Evil: Extinction

The Road Warrior

Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome

Hard Candy

The Best of Mr. Ed Vol. 1

Wha? No plain old Mad Max? Blasphemy!

Still haven't been able to sit through the last half of Thunderdome.

...did get arrested for "reenacting" Road Warrior though. :mad: