What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

Re: What Have You Watched Recently?

Next movie to watch -- definitely, maybe -- I'll watch it. Ooh...Rachel Weisz

Evie let your hair hang down

I'm sure I'm not giving anything away here by now, but Rachel Weisz's role was recast in the third movie. That being said, I actually didn't much care for either of the sequels, though I enjoyed the first one.

I saw Push, and totally loathed it.

Do not see this. You will wish you hadn't.

I saw Taken.

If you haven't seen this. Don't. You will feel taken for sure, and your money will be out of your pocket.

Push was not very good. They squandered a decent premise on a poor script and a crap budget.

Taken was another example of subpar writing. This movie could have been pretty good, but the premise seemed very forced when it really did not have to be. Liam Neeson deserves better parts than this. I did like the violence, though.

The only good movies I've seen recently are The Wrestler and Benjamin Button. I enjoyed both of them immensely. The only flaw I found with Benjamin Button was its similarity to Forrest Gump. I believe, however, that is not by accident, as both films have the same screenwriter. I am eager to see Slumdog Millionaire, though.

I'm sure I'm not giving anything away her by now' date=' but Rachel Weisz was recast in the third movie. That being said, I actually didn't much care for either of the sequels, though I enjoyed the first one.[/quote']Rachel Weisz announced that she will not be reprising her role of Evelyn due to different interests with the screenplay. Later on, Maria Bello was announced to replace her.

oh yeah that was good

i havent watched any yesterday but today i plan to watch the universal version of STREET FIGHTER to get in the mood for the chuin li movie coming out this month

You mean to prepare yourself by lowering your expectations so much that the Chun Li movie might be bearable?

Desert Punk -- Post-Holocaust action-adventure comedy. I lost interest after episode 6 and returned it to a friend who I borrowed it from.

The Boondock Saints -- Two fine Irish lads decide it's time to strike back at criminal scum. A Dark Champions origin story if there ever was one.

I watched the first episode of Desert Punk a couple of weeks ago on Netflix streaming, and while I liked the setting and the concept, the actual execution was terrible. Too bad.

And Boondock Saints is an awesome movie. Don't know how many times we've made the characters into Cyberpunk pc's.

I watched the first episode of Desert Punk a couple of weeks ago on Netflix streaming, and while I liked the setting and the concept, the actual execution was terrible. Too bad.

And Boondock Saints is an awesome movie. Don't know how many times we've made the characters into Cyberpunk pc's.

Desert Punk has poor animation, an unlikable protagonist, and an over-the-top setting that while interesting, doesn't make a lot of sense. The best part is the live action opening (IMO). It could have been good, but depended too much on juvenile humor.

Rachel Weisz announced that she will not be reprising her role of Evelyn due to different interests with the screenplay. Later on' date=' Maria Bello was announced to replace her.

Which is fair - Evie in the third movie is a very tertiary character, does not much and has few lines. In the first two movies the character was central to the story and equal lead.

Oh yeah - started watching Painkiller Jane and Hustle season 5.

Which is fair - Evie in the third movie is a very tertiary character, does not much and has few lines. In the first two movies the character was central to the story and equal lead.

Oh yeah - started watching Painkiller Jane and Hustle season 5.

I haven't watched Hustle since Adrian Lester left. I really like him as Mickey Stone, and I really think he should make a move to do some parts in the States. I think he could be a big hit here. He could be Denzel Washington big.

It was nice to see Jaime Murray in the second season of Dexter though. I never thought I'd get to see quite so much of her, but the view was not lost on me.

I haven't watched Hustle since Adrian Lester left. I really like him as Mickey Stone, and I really think he should make a move to do some parts in the States. I think he could be a big hit here. He could be Denzel Washington big.

It was nice to see Jaime Murray in the second season of Dexter though. I never thought I'd get to see quite so much of her, but the view was not lost on me.

He's back in the 5th season. As is Robert Vaughan and the character Ash Morgan (can't remember the actor's name off hand). They've dropped the others and have a brother & sister as replacements. The sister has a disturbing resemblance to Kylie. Either she's Aussie and spent a lot of time in London to Anglify her accent like Kylie - or she's a Londoner imitating Kylie.

Anyhow, I find the resemblance disturbing :)

I didn't like the 4th season at all - without Mickey it wasn't as good - and the new character was annoying.

Writing seems to be better this season.

There is boobies in Flashdance? Ok' date=' gotta make a trip to the video store. There is a boxset with Footloose (which I have yet to see) too.[/quote']

Watched Footloose, first time I have seen the film, ever. Enjoyable. Currently watching Flashdance.

I also watched The Man Who Would Be King, a Connery & Caine film. That was good too.

Man, I love that movie. I've seen it 4 times and it's aged surprisingly well.

Cheers, Mark

Caine has said "the only film I've done that will last after I'm gone". I disagree, I think other films of his will last too, and yeah, I agree it has aged well. Probably best to describe it as a buddy adventure film set in Victorian India. Some of the dialogue was quite witty too.

I've been trying to watch a movie or two a day lately. Here are some of the things I've watched on Netflix via X-box 360 lately:

The Professional: Great performance from a young Natalie Portman, as well as the rest of the cast. (Jean Reno, Danny Aeillo, Gary Oldman). Great film.

Sukiyaki Western Django: Unfortunately, I couldn't understand enough of the dialog to understand this one. Liked the visuals, the craziness of it, and the fight at the end though.

Domino: I'd heard this was good. It wasn't. I think it was shot and edited by ferrets on crack.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: Better than the original movie, IMO. Watching Season 1, which I've seen most of on TV, to fill in the gaps and watch them in order before watching the rest of them.

Revolver: The ferrets who made Domino got their crack from these guys. Good performance from Jason Statham in a non-action hero role, though.