What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

Re: What Have You Watched Recently?

Prequel trainwreck...

Was The Source the one where the plot totally violated the whole Connor MacLeod is the one who takes The Prize?

And yes Reunion. The only things I got from that is "Whew boy, we can use honest to goodness cuss words in this here production" and "Methos is a tard."

Sorry. Everything that came after H2: The Quackening invalidated Connor winning the Prize.

The Source was the fifth great theatrical release film of the franchise that ended up debuting on SciFi...

Finally finished up Highlander the Series on Hulu. Had an extremely fun time watching the show, though I was somewhat disappointed by the flashback series ending. I think the finale could have stood for at least another fifteen minutes or so to wrap up some things.

Some of the creative staff/actors released a fifteen minute or so follow-up in 2008. Wasn't so great and really didn't add anything to the mythos.

Big Finish is doing audio dramas of the series now, with Adrian Paul. First episode is due out on the 30th

http://www.bigfinish.com/101-Highlander-The-Lesson

Watched the DVD of Body of Lies Last night.

Pretty good espionage movie. Body of lies was directed by Ridley Scott and starred Russell Crowe .

Roger Ferris (Leonardo DiCaprio) is a covert CIA operative working in Jordan searching for terrorists who have been bombing civilian targets. Ferris uncovers information on the Islamist mastermind Al-Saleem (Alon Aboutboul). He devises a plan to infiltrate Al-Saleem's terrorist network with the help of his boss back in Langley, Ed Hoffman (Russell Crowe). Ferris enlists the help of the Chief of Jordanian Intelligence, Hani Salaam (Mark Strong) on this operation, but he doesn't know how far he can trust him without putting his life in danger. The uneasy alliance leads to a cultural and moral clash between the men.

I did not write the above synopsis.

But its a pretty good one.

I liked the detail to how Jordan's politics work, the difference between the Ground agent and the control boss back in the US and the presentation that Arabic culture is one of many faces, some good, some bad.

ITs not the best movie I have ever watched, and its kinda slow for an action movie, but lots of blood for a drama.

Worth a net flix rental.

Just finished Venture Brothers Season 3. Thought it was better than Season 2' date=' explored a bit more of the backgrounds of a few of the side characters.[/quote']

I'm waiting for the Truckules origin episode.

Best line of the season:

"I'll check for Blackulas. Nope, no Blackulas."

A little later:

"Oh, I guess I'll check for Blackulas again. Nope, still no Blackulas."

If you haven't seen the show, there's a minor character who is a vampire slayer (basically Blade). However, he only hunts Blackulas, like from the bad 70s exploitation film of the same name. He is summoned to assist in a situation that has nothing to do with vampires, much less Black vampires. If that wasn't funny enough, the character is voiced by Samuel Jackson.

not in my case,i just became interested in football when i moved to florida a couple of years ago jus tin time for the hurricane swhile sitting one out in a georgia hotel rome during labor day weekend i turned on the tv to calm down stumbled onto a college football game and got interested

Guest Major Tom

I finally had the opportunity this Saturday to watch the DVD of The Dark Knight.

While it's every bit as action-filled as the Batman movies that have preceded

it, it's also the most human of the lot in terms of how it dealt with its primary

characters, IMO. From Batman/Bruce Wayne's hope that D.A. Harvey Dent

can be the hero that Gotham City needs, allowing him to set aside the mantle

of the Batman, only to have that hope dashed by the Joker's crimes; to Dent's

own tragic fall from grace when, because of what the Joker has done to him

and taken from him, he becomes Harvey Two-Face.

What really struck me about this film, though, was Batman's decision to take

the blame for crimes committed by Dent/Two-Face, in order to protect Dent's

reputation and to keep the good that he had done from being destroyed by

the Joker's actions. This is exactly the kind of sacrifice that Batman would

make in order to further his ongoing war against evil and injustice, even though

by doing so he would be putting himself outside of the law, at least in the eyes

of the police.

The Gordon/Batman relationship was also redefined as a result of Batman's

choice, as he must now hunt down and apprehend his friend for crimes he

knows that he hasn't committed.

All in all, The Dark Knight is one of the best treatments of the superhero

genre to come out in a long time, showing us as it did that, for all of their

powers and skills, sometimes heroes can and do fail despite their best efforts.

Major Tom :cool: