What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

Re: What Have You Watched Recently?

It's all downhill after that' date=' IMO.[/quote']

It's not all bad - Season 5 has Glory (unpleasant character, but as for the actress - :love: :love: :love:)

As for Season 6 - that left me distinctly underwhelmed... :thumbdown

It's all downhill after that' date=' IMO.[/quote']

It's not all bad - Season 5 has Glory (unpleasant character, but as for the actress - :love: :love: :love:)

As for Season 6 - that left me distinctly underwhelmed... :thumbdown

S5 is not quite as enjoyable as S4. By that I mean I could watch 2, 3, or 4 episodes per day. With S5 that is on average 1 or 2 per day. One of the major overarching storylines is putting me off, and it is isn't the one with the Big Bad. S5 is a little soap-operaish for my taste.

Now c'mon' date=' what about "Once More with Feeling?" I wish Firefly had lasted long enough to have a cheesy musical episode...:mad: Okay, I just wish it had lasted.:(:([/quote']

That episode was scheduled to be shown in-place of Hush.

Tried watching Harper's Island. Strange show. Sort of a mix between a slasher flick and Prime Time soap opera. First episode is pretty slow, despite the gruesome deaths. I'll probably give another episode a shot, but I honestly am not feeling it.

Interestingly enough, I enjoy books with many different characters and viewpoints, but I prefer TV shows to have small, close knit groups. I imagine the large opening cast is what is turning me off of the show. It is also necessary to have a pool to draw the victims from. The irony being that I don't give a whit about any of the characters so far.

Taken. Decent action-thriller movie. Nothing groundbreaking, but a solid entry for the genre. I probably will not return to it with near the frequency that I do with the Bourne trilogy.

Underworld 3: Rise of the Lycans. I was expecting this movie to suck badly. I was surprised when I actually became engrossed with it. Turns out it was pretty good despite not having Selene in it.

Star Trek. Wanted to avoid the pointless stat tossing and genre quibbles from the Star Trek thread. I'll just say that I enjoyed the movie. There was even a (unintentional I'm sure) nod to Battlefield 2142 in there. Made me laugh at an inappropriate time.