What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

Re: What Have You Watched Recently?

Re-watched Band of Brothers for D-Day. I also discovered I'd managed to miss the opening scenes of several episodes, and thus had never seen several semi-important sequences.

X-Men Origins: Balavarine

Oops, sorry. meant to say Wolverine.

As a former Wolverine fanboy, I wanted to like it. I didn't. It was entertaining enough I suppose, but it just didn't grab me.

I didn't like the way Deadpool was turned into whatever the heck he was turned into. No development. One minute he is a bad-ass Jedi with Katanas, the next "Jimmy" is living the Canadian lumberjack life. Later, we see Deadpool as the big bag gimmick and after big special effects battle, he is dead. Sold the character way too short.

Sounds a lot like Darth Maul to me.

Also, I know they were trying for cameos of other characters, but there were too many token characters. The Gambit Es Machina at the end of the 3-Mile Island fight scene was annoying.

The movie fell flat for me because of the spoilered reasons. The Bones episode I watched last night was far better.

Vampire Copy Ricky -- Korean mix of buddy cop movie with one of the buddies being on the take. The corrupt one is bitten by a mosquito that also managed to bite Dracula and now he's slowly turning into a vampire. Part-comedy, part-drama, part-romance, part-supernatural, all fun.

Watch this, and you'll want to have a vampire ex-cop patrolling Seoul as well!

lucha libre

i think i know now why HERO couldn't license the name EL SANTOS for LUCHA LIBRE HERO

at the end of the show someone called a figure from backstage in a silver mask and when the crowd started chanting "SANTOS" i realized the promotion had found a successor aceptable to the original santos'estate and REACTIVATED the ring name

Sukiyaki Western Django

pure awesome. Cross between fun, violent, classic spaghetti western, and odd Japanese history.

And the only Django "sequel" to take a stab at the origin of Django, that I'm aware of.

(Hey, there are like 50 sequels to Django, I haven't seen 'em all.)