What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

Re: What Have You Watched Recently?

ShowTimes Brotherhood.

Set in Providence RI, the story is about two irish brothers. One a rising state senator, the other a criminal trying to move up.

Both of thier worlds connect at times. Badly.

Both brothers are shown as flawed men. Micheal, the gangster brother has moments of chairty and kindness, but they are overshadowed by violent acts of murder and cruelty.

Tommy is a decent man, but has to make hard and difficult choises to protect his irish family and people of his district. His wife is cheating on him and has a drug problem.

Brotherhood avoids the soap opera aspect and does keep it real

The show is violent, gritty and ugly at times. Thats what makes it work

Worth watching and putting in your netflix folder.

i boughtband watched super-friends the lost episodes yesterday

but i'm confused. the dvd synopsis stated the episodes in the dvd were made AFTER the series ended and first aired as part of the superman-batman adventures, but the artstyle is from the earlier seasons .i thought the final two seasons were titled super friends the legendary super powers show and the super powers team introducing firestorm and cyborg respectively and had a DIFERENTartstyle

Started watching Lost on Hulu. So far, I am liking the show a great deal. The one thing that bothers me is the way everybody treats Sawyer. He's not a good man to be sure, but everybody treats him like a kick dog. Wonder when he's going to snap and join the Dark Side for good. Can't say that I will blame him when that time comes around. I'm not usually so forgiving of bad guys, but I think I see the potential for him being a redeemed hero later in the show. Hard to say.

Watched Cannonball Run 2 on the tube last night. Dumb but fun. I'd forgotten just how entertaining Dom DeLuise could be -- and now that I'm older, I was delighted to see who I could recognize in the film (like Jackie Chan).

Now that I'm older, I found a new appreciation for the two hot gals constantly swiping fast cars from horny/dumb guys too... :doi:

Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World

It was one of my prizes at Can of Whup-Ass at GenCon.

That's my favorite Age of Sail film.

For my part, went and saw District 9 this weekend and loved it, even if the main character was a total tool.

At home I' ve started watching The Colony, which has been interesting, and Defying Gravity, which has been quite cool so far (as long as you block out the techno-babble clothing).

Masked Girl.

It's a Kamen Rider parody / tribute, and looks like it was intended as the start of a series. Kamen Rider if he'd been a high school girl on a bicycle. It was cute, and worked well enough if you've watched Kamen Rider recently, but most of the jokes won't work if you're not a Kamen Rider fan, and despite the American marketing there's almost no fan service. Worth a rental if you've watched Kamen Rider in the last six months, otherwise skip it.