Character: Admiral Dame Honor Harrington

shadowcat1313

Re: Character: Admiral Dame Honor Harrington

Nicely done. My biggest quibble is I think, based on her performance in HtH combat in The Honor of the Queen, that she should be a SPD 4 rather than 3. I'd also use Killing Strike instead of Nerve Strike; Honor's coup de vittese is an art designed to kill. It's described as an "all-out-go-for-broke offensive style designed to utilize the greater size and reach of Westerners."

No DNPC/Follower for Nimitz?! And where's her empathic abilities?

Nimitz will follow later today, I actually worked him up a while back and posted him, also all of her empathic abilities are through her mind link with Nimitz from what I've read, did I miss something on that?

I had debated between 3 and 4 speed and decided on 3 initially, lets let this ride for now and see what other folks think... thats why this is a rough draft

Nimitz will follow later today' date=' I actually worked him up a while back and posted him, also all of her empathic abilities are through her mind link with Nimitz from what I've read, did I miss something on that?[/quote']

The fact that she still had them after Nimitz's injuries rendered him tele-empathically "mute"?

Very cool.

Interesting coincidence too. I recently stumble onto that same website. I'm really thinking of picking up their AV:T and SITS games.

My wife has been after me for years to read the series. I'll start after the holidays.

The series is great for space opera. As for the games.

Attack Vector: Tactical (AV:T) is a good game, but a bit too "realworld" for me. It has nothing to do with the Harrington universe. Instead it is a combat simulator for 3D space combat. a pretty good one if you like minutia like tracking fuel.

Saganami Island Tactical Simulator (SITS) on the other hand uses the 3D movement system (the AVID) pioneered in AV:T, but movement and weapons have been streamlined to reflect the series and have a really good feel. I can't explain it but the game has solved the problem of an easy 3D combat system. I call it the paperclip effect. A concept so simple that you wonder why know one ever thought of it before. That said. The game is a lot of fun. Movement is a bit odd at first but once you get the hang of it. The AVID not only plots movement, but is also a targeting aid (makes 3D hit locations a snap). The combat resolution is very in line with the books. Waves of missiles hitting layered defenses.

Great game......

ok, couple of questions come to mind then

1. does anybody recall any information on the range of the link? I dont think its infinite, but its also not strictly line of sight from what I recall

2. from what I have seen Honor has been able to communicate with treecats, and sense others emotions through Nimitz, I think I remember her reading others surface thoughts, but I dont know what went through her and what went through Nimitz

suggestions on Honors telepathic abilities

I think I agree with the concept that Honor gets her telempathic attributes via her mindlink to Nimitz. Even after Nimitz was injured, he could still sense feelings and emotions - it was only after his reunion with Samantha that anyone realised he couldn't ALSO engage in full telepathic contact with another treecat. He wasn't deafened, merely struck dumb.

I also would agree with a speed upgrade to 4.

I would also like to see how you do up Lt Colonel Ramirez...

ok, couple of questions come to mind then

1. does anybody recall any information on the range of the link? I dont think its infinite, but its also not strictly line of sight from what I recall

It was clear Honor could still sense Nimitz's emotions even when the were separated on the Peep battlecruiser in In Enemy Hands. Given the large size of that ship, I'd say it's reasonable to assume her connection with Nimitz works over at least a few hundred meters and does not require line of sight. I think I'd look at a limited Mind Link first as a basis for her connection with Nimitz rather than telepathy.

2. from what I have seen Honor has been able to communicate with treecats, and sense others emotions through Nimitz, I think I remember her reading others surface thoughts, but I don't know what went through her and what went through Nimitz

suggestions on Honors telepathic abilities

It's clear she still senses only emotions from humans, but can get images from Nimitz and her communications with other treecats fall somewhere in between. It's also obvious (and is explicitly stated by the treecats in one of the short stories) that she no longer needs Nimitz to sense emotion, although it looks like she doesn't quite realize that yet.

It was clear Honor could still sense Nimitz's emotions even when the were separated on the Peep battlecruiser in In Enemy Hands. Given the large size of that ship, I'd say it's reasonable to assume her connection with Nimitz works over at least a few hundred meters and does not require line of sight. I think I'd look at a limited Mind Link first as a basis for her connection with Nimitz rather than telepathy.

It's clear she still senses only emotions from humans, but can get images from Nimitz and her communications with other treecats fall somewhere in between. It's also obvious (and is explicitly stated by the treecats in one of the short stories) that she no longer needs Nimitz to sense emotion, although it looks like she doesn't quite realize that yet.

Could get images from Nimitz, I don't recall that she has done so since In Enemy Hands. Her mother has also noted how many Harringtons get bonded with treecats, and has speculated that their GE might have something to do with it. Seems to me that the bond with Nimitz has trained and strengthened Honor's empathic ability, not created it.

Attack Vector: Tactical (AV:T) is a good game' date=' but a bit too "realworld" for me. It has nothing to do with the Harrington universe. Instead it is a combat simulator for 3D space combat. a pretty good one it you minutia like tracking fuel.[/quote']

I have heard it described as being for thos people who say "I like Champions, but if only there was more math involved."

I have heard it described as being for thos people who say "I like Champions' date=' but if only there was more math involved."[/quote']

Not that far off ;)

But I do have to say SITS is much much more player friendly.

Could get images from Nimitz' date=' I don't recall that she has done so since [i']In Enemy Hands[/i]. Her mother has also noted how many Harringtons get bonded with treecats, and has speculated that their GE might have something to do with it. Seems to me that the bond with Nimitz has trained and strengthened Honor's empathic ability, not created it.
I agree. Or just as likely treecats tend to bond with humans who have high empathic potential and/or strong personalities. That makes even more sense when we consider that both the Harringtons and the House of Winton were genetically modified.

I thought I recalled her mentioning the ability to get images from Nimitz was still intact despite his injury, but I may be mistaken.

Well' date=' I prefer AV:T to SITS, but then again I'm a spaceflight geek. [/quote']

You? I'd have never guessed...:rolleyes:

I will say that both have something that I would have thought impossible: three-dimensional firing arcs that are easy to use.

A definite truth there. Back to the paperclip principle.....

In addition to her speed I'd also bump up her PD as she full contact spars on a very regular basis.

Her empathy seems to be something that she is learning to do on her own.

For her disads the Rivalry you could easily keep after Field of Dishonor, dropping it down by 5 for the next Earl of North Hollow (Once she's got her new rank he's less powerful to her.)

ok, now for his awesome furryness... NimitzNimitz the Treecat

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

-5 STR -15 8- Lift 12.5kg; -1d6

18 DEX 24 13- OCV: 6/DCV: 6

10 CON 0 11-

8 BODY -4 11-

10 INT 0 11- PER Roll 13-

10 EGO 0 11- ECV: 3

10 PRE 0 11- PRE Attack: 2d6

12 COM 1 11-

3 PD 3 Total: 3 PD (3 rPD)

2 ED 0 Total: 2 ED (0 rED)

3 SPD 2 Phases: 4, 8, 12

5 REC 6

20 END 0

13 STUN 0 Total Characteristic Cost: 25

Movement: Running: 8"/16"

Leaping: 4"/8"

Swimming: 2"/4"

Cost Powers END

15 Multipower, 30-point reserve, (30 Active Points); all slots Custom Modifier (used for communications and sensing only; -1)

1u 1) Telepathy 4d6 (Human and Additional Class of Minds classes of minds) (30 Active Points); Custom Modifier (used for communications and sensing only; -1) 3

1u 2) Mind Link , Human and Additional Class of Minds classes of minds, Specific Group of Minds, Psychic Bond (25 Active Points); Feedback STUN Only (-1), Custom Modifier (used for communications and sensing only; -1)

Notes: Humans and other treecats

1u 3) Mind Scan 4d6 (Human and Additional Class Of Minds classes of minds) (30 Active Points); Neither Character nor Target Can Attack Through Link (-1), Custom Modifier (Only usable to sense emotions; -1), Custom Modifier (used for communications and sensing only; -1) 3

6 4 legs and 2 arms: Extra Limbs (4), Inherent (+1/4) (6 Active Points)

12 Flurry of Nasty Claws: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1d6-1, Autofire (5 shots; +1/2) (15 Active Points); Reduced Penetration (-1/4) 1

1 Dense Bone Structure: Damage Resistance (3 PD)

5 Luck 1d6

6 +2 PER with all Sense Groups

Talents

3 Ambidexterity (-2 Off Hand penalty)

3 Lightning Reflexes: +2 DEX to act first with All Actions

2 Trees and forests: Environmental Movement (no penalties on)

2 High Gravity, 1.5G: Environmental Movement (no penalties on)

Skills

11 Breakfall 15-

3 Concealment 11-

11 Tracking 14-

11 Stealth 15-

11 Climbing 15-

2 Language: American Sign Language (fluent conversation)

Notes: Nimitz learned ASL during Ashes of Victory

6 AK: Sphinx 14-

2 KS: Frisbee 11-

10 +2 with HTH Combat

6 Survival (Mountain, Temperate/Subtropical Forests, Tropical Forests) 12-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 131

Total Cost: 156

200+ Disadvantages

20 Psychological Limitation: Protective of kits and adopted humans (Common, Total)

10 Social Limitation: often treated as a pet (Frequently, Major, Not Limiting In Some Cultures)

15 Social Limitation: Duty to Honor and his family (Frequently, Major)

10 Physical Limitation: Small Size (Frequently, Slightly Impairing)

10 Physical Limitation: Limited Manipulation (Frequently, Slightly Impairing)

10 Reputation: Very Dangerous Small Animal, 11- (Extreme; Known Only To A Small Group)

Total Disadvantage Points: 75

Background/History: Native to the Planet Sphinx, they were first discovered by a young child who caught a clan of them raiding her parents greenhouses, they can use some crude tools, and have developed a big taste for Terran Celery, which they cant digest, but still will eat all they can of. They are not common off the planet sphinx, where they are a protected species, and are studied by the Sphinxian Forestry Service

Personality/Motivation: Telepathic and Empathic, about as inteligent as an 8 year old child, they will bond with a human, usually an adult, but child adoptions can happen, they just arent as common, they love playing with children, and will be very protective of them.

Quote: Bleek!!!!!

Powers/Tactics: Considered a pet by a lot of people outside of Manticore or Grayson, at least til the videos of the Assasination Attempt in Honor of the Queen got around, they also usually hide their real inteligence from outsiders. they have minor telepathic powers, used for communicating with other treecats and their bonded humans, they can also sense others emotions. the telepathic brain clusters are actually bundles of complex nerves at the hips instead of in the normal brain.

Campaign Use: Treecats are interesting companions for a player, while they are telepathic and empathic they arent very powerful, they do make pretty good lie detectors, and can make for a nasty surprise in a fight.

The Manticoran Military allows treecats to serve with their humans, unless the treecat is pregnant, then the human is normally assigned planetside til after the cat delivers her litter.

Appearance: Large almost bobcat sized 6 legged felines, their coats vary considerably in color. they also have prehensile tails, sizewise can vary, although they commented that Hipper was one of the largest treecats they had ever seen at 10.1 kilos. they have 4 legs and the last 2 legs end in manipulative truehands instead of normal paws.

ok, now for his awesome furryness... Nimitz the Treecat

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

10 CON 0 11-

8 BODY -4 11-

10 EGO 0 11- ECV: 3

10 PRE 0 11- PRE Attack: 2d6

12 COM 1 11-

3 SPD 2 Phases: 4, 8, 12

5 REC 6

20 END 0

13 STUN 0 Total Characteristic Cost: 25

Cost Powers END

15 Multipower, 30-point reserve, (30 Active Points); all slots Custom Modifier (used for communications and sensing only; -1)

1u 1) Telepathy 4d6 (Human and Additional Class of Minds classes of minds) (30 Active Points); Custom Modifier (used for communications and sensing only; -1) 3

1u 2) Mind Link , Human and Additional Class of Minds classes of minds, Specific Group of Minds, Psychic Bond (25 Active Points); Feedback STUN Only (-1), Custom Modifier (used for communications and sensing only; -1)

1u 3) Mind Scan 4d6 (Human and Additional Class Of Minds classes of minds) (30 Active Points); Neither Character nor Target Can Attack Through Link (-1), Custom Modifier (Only usable to sense emotions; -1), Custom Modifier (used for communications and sensing only; -1) 3

12 Flurry of Nasty Claws: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1d6-1, Autofire (5 shots; +1/2) (15 Active Points); Reduced Penetration (-1/4) 1

5 Luck 1d6

Talents

Skills

11 Breakfall 15-

3 Concealment 11-

11 Tracking 14-

11 Stealth 15-

11 Climbing 15-

10 +2 with HTH Combat

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 131

Total Cost: 156

200+ Disadvantages

20 Psychological Limitation: Protective of kits and adopted humans (Common, Total)

10 Social Limitation: often treated as a pet (Frequently, Major, Not Limiting In Some Cultures)

10 Physical Limitation: Limited Manipulation (Frequently, Slightly Impairing)

10 Reputation: Very Dangerous Small Animal, 11- (Extreme; Known Only To A Small Group)

Total Disadvantage Points: 75

Background/History: Native to the Planet Sphinx, they were first discovered by a young child who caught a clan of them raiding her parents greenhouses, they can use some crude tools, and have developed a big taste for Terran Celery, which they cant digest, but still will eat all they can of. They are not common off the planet sphinx, where they are a protected species, and are studied by the Sphinxian Forestry Service

Personality/Motivation: Telepathic and Empathic, about as inteligent as an 8 year old child, they will bond with a human, usually an adult, but child adoptions can happen, they just arent as common, they love playing with children, and will be very protective of them.

Powers/Tactics: Considered a pet by a lot of people outside of Manticore or Grayson, at least til the videos of the Assasination Attempt in Honor of the Queen got around, they also usually hide their real inteligence from outsiders. they have minor telepathic powers, used for communicating with other treecats and their bonded humans, they can also sense others emotions. the telepathic brain clusters are actually bundles of complex nerves at the hips instead of in the normal brain.

Campaign Use: Treecats are interesting companions for a player, while they are telepathic and empathic they aren't very powerful, they do make pretty good lie detectors, and can make for a nasty surprise in a fight.

The Manticoran Military allows treecats to serve with their humans, unless the treecat is pregnant, then the human is normally assigned planetside till after the cat delivers her litter.

Appearance: Large almost bobcat sized 6 legged felines, their coats vary considerably in color. they also have prehensile tails, sizewise can vary, although they commented that Hipper was one of the largest treecats they had ever seen at 10.1 kilos. they have 4 legs and the last 2 legs end in manipulative truehands instead of normal paws.

Pretty good, but I have to disagree with some points.

1) Nimitz cannot usually read human thoughts (except for Honour's) but only emotions. It is true in the last book with Honour and Nimitz as main characters (At All Costs) Nimitz was able to read (and transmit to Honour) what was in the mind of her flag LT. when he was taken over by the nanomindcontrol(?), but that is the only time that I know of he (or any other treecat) actually read human thought rather than just emotion.

I note that you have that limitation for his Mind Scan, but it applies to his Telepathy as well. Of course, he is fully telepathic with other Treecats (or he was until his injury.)

2) Why does Nimitz have limited manipulation? He hands work just fine, thank you. While it is not explained, it also appears that he has 4 hands: 2 "truehands" and 2 "foothands", along with his 2 "truefeet." I think that means the "foothands" have an opposible thumb and are fully manipulative. Only his "truefeet" and prehensile tail have limited manipulation.

3) Treecats are not mentally equivalent to a human child. The only place anything like this is mentioned is where it is stated that "Treecats (that bond with humans) understand about as much english as a human adolescent." Remember, Treecats are tool users who have mastered fire (long before the first humans landed on their world.) They hid this from most humans until recently, but they are not child-like in their intelligence. Read any of the stories where treecats are talking to each other, there is nothing child-like about the conversation.

4) I wouldn't give his claws reduced penetration, based on the way the clan of treecats tore the hexapuma apart in "A Beautiful Friendship."

5) All treecats have better than 11- for concealment: "You don't see a treecat in the wild unless he wants you to."

6) Considering how "cute" humans think treecats are, they deserve a + to comliness, probably "effects humans only."

7) These are opineon, but I would increase his speed to 4, his Ego to 13, and his Con to 11.

ok, heres version 2, I made the changes to speed and the notes about their inteligence, and adjusted the limitations on telepathy

I also found a source for the range of the bond listed as "A Few Miles" I went with five

Nimitz the Treecat V2

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

11 CON 2 11-

8 BODY -4 11-

13 EGO 6 12- ECV: 4

11 PRE 1 11- PRE Attack: 2d6

12 COM 1 11-

4 SPD 12 Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12

5 REC 6

22 END 0

14 STUN 0 Total Characteristic Cost: 44

Cost Powers END

10 Multipower, 30-point reserve, (30 Active Points); all slots Custom Modifier (used for communications and sensing only; -1), Side Effects (Side Effect affects both character and recipient of Power's benefits; Very strong emotions can act as an entangle, paralyzing the treecat; -3/4), Custom Modifier (5km max range on all powers; -1/4)

1u 1) Telepathy 4d6 (Human and Additional Class of Minds classes of minds) (30 Active Points); Custom Modifier (Only usable to sense emotions; -1), Custom Modifier (used for communications and sensing only; -1), Side Effects (Side Effect affects both character and recipient of Power's benefits; Very strong emotions can act as an entangle, paralyzing the treecat; -3/4), Custom Modifier (5km max range on all powers; -1/4) 3

1u 2) Mind Scan 4d6 (Human and Additional Class Of Minds classes of minds) (30 Active Points); Neither Character nor Target Can Attack Through Link (-1), Custom Modifier (Only usable to sense emotions; -1), Custom Modifier (used for communications and sensing only; -1), Side Effects (Side Effect affects both character and recipient of Power's benefits; Very strong emotions can act as an entangle, paralyzing the treecat; -3/4), Custom Modifier (5km max range on all powers; -1/4) 3

12 Mind Link , Human and Additional Class of Minds classes of minds, Specific Group of Minds, Psychic Bond (25 Active Points); Feedback STUN Only (-1)

1 Life Support (Longevity: 200 Years)

15 Flurry of Nasty Claws: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1d6-1, Autofire (5 shots; +1/2) (15 Active Points) 1

5 Luck 1d6

Talents

Skills

11 Breakfall 15-

11 Concealment 14-

11 Tracking 14-

11 Stealth 15-

11 Climbing 15-

10 +2 with HTH Combat

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 149

Total Cost: 193

200+ Disadvantages

10 Custom Disadvantage

Notes: Dependence on Celery to help maintain empathic abilities

15 Physical Limitation: Will suicide or starve itsself to death if its human dies 90% of the time (Infrequently, Fully Impairing)

10 Psychological Limitation: Dislike of water and swimming (Common, Moderate)

5 Psychological Limitation: (Uncommon, Moderate)

0 Seperation Anxiety

Notes: Bonded treecats stay physically close to their human as separation (particularly extended separation) beyond contact range is distressing, if temporarily endurable, for both. Separation between mated pairs is also possible but also distressing, and so is similarly rare.

Total Disadvantage Points: 105

Personality/Motivation: Telepathic and Empathic, they will bond with a human, usually an adult, but child adoptions can happen, they just arent as common, they love playing with children, and will be very protective of them. one of the chemicals in celery helps to enhance or stimulate initial growth of a treecats telepathic abilities

Campaign Use: Treecats are interesting companions for a player, while they are telepathic and empathic they arent very powerful, they do make pretty good lie detectors, and can make for a nasty surprise in a fight.

The Manticoran Military allows treecats to serve with their humans, unless the treecat is pregnant, then the human is normally assigned planetside til after the cat delivers her litter.

Likewise I prefer AV:T to SITS. I recently upgraded to the newer edition. I don't own SITS and do not intend buying based on the reviews-

Yes, the rules are easier to use and you can simulate large fleets which you can't really do at all in AV:T (too much paperwork).

The big downside to me is-

Not a lot of game variation. From the descriptions of actual gameplay it does seem to always degenerate into large fleets in tight formation doing broadsides.

That, to me, seems to be not a good thing for longterm interest.

Plus - I bought AV:T for the physics, I have other games for fleet combat and ease of rule use. I can't justify buying SITS as I already have AV:T and I don't think the rules differences are significant enough for the price.

Likewise I prefer AV:T to SITS. I recently upgraded to the newer edition. I don't own SITS and do not intend buying based on the reviews-

Yes, the rules are easier to use and you can simulate large fleets which you can't really do at all in AV:T (too much paperwork).

The big downside to me is-

Not a lot of game variation. From the descriptions of actual gameplay it does seem to always degenerate into large fleets in tight formation doing broadsides.

That, to me, seems to be not a good thing for longterm interest.

Plus - I bought AV:T for the physics, I have other games for fleet combat and ease of rule use. I can't justify buying SITS as I already have AV:T and I don't think the rules differences are significant enough for the price.

Wow. I've played the game several times. What fleets? I guess you could call 4-10 ships a large fleet. You can lump several hulls in one formation and have them all move as one multiplying the number of ships on the board, one shipbox = several instead of one shipbox = one ship. But once ships start taking damage and falling out of formation it becomes a real mess. It s true that the mechanics are simpler than AV:T because there is no fuel accounting. But the game is still more than just flailing away with broadsides. Their maneuvering is much more nimble than AoS. Of course if the scenario has not objectives then like any AoS or WW1 naval game it does become boring. But a running fight between a raiding force of DD's and CL's versus a convoys escorts can be very challenging.

I'm not saying "run out an buy a copy", but try it out at a con or try and find someone nearby who has a copy. You might be surprised.

and now for my other favorite character, Master Chief Horace Harkness

Master Chief Horace Harkness

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

20 STR 10 13- Lift 400.0kg; 4d6 [2]

15 DEX 15 12- OCV: 5/DCV: 5

15 CON 10 12-

15 BODY 10 12-

13 INT 3 12- PER Roll 12-

13 EGO 6 12- ECV: 4

20 PRE 10 13- PRE Attack: 4d6

10 COM 0 11-

5 PD 1 Total: 5 PD (0 rPD)

3 ED 0 Total: 3 ED (0 rED)

3 SPD 5 Phases: 4, 8, 12

7 REC 0

30 END 0

33 STUN 0 Total Characteristic Cost: 70

Movement: Running: 6"/12"

Cost Powers END

1 Prolong Treatments: Life Support (Longevity: 200 Years)

4 Martial Strike +0 +2 6d6 Strike

5 Offensive Strike -2 +1 8d6 Strike

3 Martial Throw +0 +1 4d6 +v/5, Target Falls

4 Martial Block +2 +2 Block, Abort

4 Martial Disarm -1 +1 Disarm; 30 STR to Disarm

Perks

2 Fringe Benefit: Sergeant

Notes: Promoted to Chief Warrant Officer after Echoes of Honor

2 Fringe Benefit: Knight

Notes: He was Knighted after Echoes of Honor

3 Fringe Benefit: Security Clearance

3 Holder of the Parliamentary Medal of Valor: Custom Perk

Notes: Awarded after Echoes of Honor

25 Assorted Contacts: Custom Perk

Talents

2 Zero G: Environmental Movement (no penalties on)

7 Master Electronics Tech: Skill Master (+3 with all Skills based on [characteristic]) (15 Active Points); Custom Modifier (only for skills involving working with electronics; -1)

Skills

5 +1 with HTH Combat

3 Breakfall 12-

3 Bureaucratics 13-

6 Computer Programming (Hacking and Computer Security) 14-

9 Concealment 14-

3 Cryptography 12-

3 Electronics 12-

6 Gambling (Card Games) 14-

5 Instructor 13-

3 Jack of All Trades

5 1) PS: Customs Inspector (6 Active Points) 14-

2 2) PS: Missile Technician (3 Active Points) 12-

3 3) PS: Skin Suit (4 Active Points) 13-

9 Mechanics 14-

3 Persuasion 13-

3 Scholar

2 1) KS: Electronic Warfare Systems (3 Active Points) 12-

2 2) KS: Electronics Fabrication (3 Active Points) 12-

5 3) KS: Emergency Damage Control (6 Active Points) 14-

2 4) KS: Gravitic Communications Systems (3 Active Points) 12-

3 5) KS: Manticoran Customs Regulations (4 Active Points) 13-

5 6) KS: RMN Customs and Procedures (6 Active Points) 14-

5 7) KS: Scrounging (6 Active Points) 14-

2 8) KS: Small Craft Service and Maintenance (3 Active Points) 12-

5 9) KS: Smuggling (6 Active Points) 14-

3 Streetwise 13-

3 Systems Operation 12-

2 TF: Grav Vehicles/Hovercraft, Personal Use Spacecraft

3 WF: Blades, Common Melee Weapons, Gauss Guns

8 Weaponsmith (Missiles & Rockets) 15-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 186

Total Cost: 256

200+ Disadvantages

0 Normal Characteristic Maxima

15 Psychological Limitation: Cant Resist picking fights with off duty marines (Common, Strong)

Notes: hes always looking for equal or tougher opponents

10 Reputation: Smooth Operator, and someone not to be messed with, 11- (Extreme; Known Only To A Small Group)

15 Social Limitation: Duty to Crewmates (Frequently, Major)

15 Psychological Limitation: Hates Bullies (Common, Strong)

1 Experience Points

Total Disadvantage Points: 55

Background/History: rough and tumble chief petty officer with an often checkered career, he was up for senior chief 12 times, and made it once, being busted for various infractions other 11 times, hes a top notch missile tech which is probably the only reason they navy kept him. he also has a reputation as a smooth operator for various scams and operations running.

Personality/Motivation: Highly motivated, he loves his job, and has a special spot in his heart for Scotty Tremaine, he has managed to keep getting the same assignments as Scotty, although a lot of this is due to his having hacked the Bureau of Personnel records and changing his assignments. He managed to convince the peeps that he was a defector in Honor among Enemies, allowing him to run rampant and later engineer their escape from the Battlecruiser Tepes. He likes barroom brawling off duty, especially with marines, this habit has not endeared him to his superiors, he toned this down after he married a marine sgt major. while he has been knighted he generally doesnt like being called Sir.

Quote:

Powers/Tactics: Very good in a fight, with excellent tech skills, hes also the kind of guy who can probably find a way to get about anything a person might want within reason, drugs not being within reason. he also hates bullies, and has no problem with dealing a little unofficial justice, he also has proved very good at catching smugglers during the events of On Basilisk Station.

Campaign Use: Hes your typical grizzled old chief, the wrong person to cross, but if you really need help... and if he tells you to do something... you'd had generally best shut your mouth and listen, he could easily mentor a younger crew PC, or give somebody an attitude adjustment.

Appearance: Large buly senior chief, not a lot of description was ever given in the books

I don't think Horace is stronger than Honor. I could be wrong, but I had thought about making her an 18 str and Probably Horace a 15 or 16. He is burly, but she is a Genie.

Then there is TOmas Rodriquez. :D

23-25 strength? or just stop at 20. :eg:

Tomas Rodriquez is definitely stronger than 20. Maybe 30.

Anton Zilwicki is at least a 25, he was discribed as "being a shoo-in for a medal in the olympics in weight lifting."

Honor is a genie, but she is not that strong, 18 is probably max for her, maybe even a little less. Her metabolism is very fast (therefore very high dex, and probably lightning reflexs) but although she is much stronger than she looks, she is not super-human strong.