Big Blue in control: WWYD

Stone

I have not seen this scenario yet, but hopefully I did not overlook it.

The most powerful hero or hero team (not villians) has decided things are spiraling out of control on the planet. First he/she/it/them moves against the drug czars. The news reports several massive fires at major drug plantations across the world. He/she/it/them is very careful to ensure the safety of people near the fires, but the drug crops and production facilities are destroyed. He/she/it/them make an announce stating any attempt to rebuild the planations will be dealt w/swiftly. He/she/it/them then move against terrorism and hit locations in the Middle East, Africa, North Korea, and other locations around the world all but elimating the ability of the terrorist from putting together any serious threat. Again he/she/it/them make an announcement stating any attempt to rebuild will be swiftly dealt with. You and/or your team find out the next thing on his/her/its/their list is third world dictatorships. The plan is to bring down all dictators and enstall a democratic/representitive government. What do you do and at what point would you/team act?

Re: Big Blue in control: WWYD

I have not seen this scenario yet' date=' but hopefully I did not overlook it.[/quote']

It's one that comes up every now and then. These threads never end well.

Eventually you get heroes killing each other, and much sooner than you might expect.

The reasons really relate to RW politics, and belong in Non-Gaming Discussion.

All characters: Point out what a total fiasco trying to impose democracy from the top down has been in Iraq, offer cooperation if and only if he/she/it/they promise to get a working participatory democracy in Iraq before moving against anyone else. Doubt that terrorism is extinct, just gone underground, monitor for flare ups. Help former workers on the drug plantations find a new cash crop. If he/she/it/they missed tobacco, point that out. Prepare for some major economic ripples as he/she/it/they probably included the largest cash crop in North America in their drug erratication program.

I don't want to censor you or anything' date=' though. Just pointing out what has happened in the past...[/quote']

I didn't take it as such. Just if it has already been done and it did not turn out well, then best to move on. =)

Just for the record...

First he/she/it/them moves against the drug czars. The news reports several massive fires at major drug plantations across the world. He/she/it/them is very careful to ensure the safety of people near the fires' date=' but the drug crops and production facilities are destroyed.[/quote']

My character would be disturbed by the disruption to the Bolivian economy and the resulting famine.

He/she/it/them then move against terrorism and hit locations in the Middle East, Africa, North Korea, and other locations around the world

My character would physically oppose attacks on Lebanon and the Palestinian territories.

You and/or your team find out the next thing on his/her/its/their list is third world dictatorships. The plan is to bring down all dictators and enstall a democratic/representitive government.

We are already at war at this point, so this merely ensures a final fight to the death. Probably somewhere south of Florida.

Hell's Angel has neither the power nor the interest to interfere in activities in Central and South America, Africa or the Middle East. She's a local (Empire City) heroine, and that's enough. She believes in doing what you can--and not getting all knotted about what you can't. This problem is out of her hands.

Ah, heck, why not? Most of my characters would jump in alongside, roll up their sleeves, and start changing the world. If you're gonna keep saving the place from supervillains just to let it stay a crappy place to live anyways, what's the point?

...plus I gotta buck the trend a little. ;)

If he/she/it/they missed tobacco' date=' point that out. Prepare for some major economic ripples as he/she/it/they probably included the largest cash crop in North America in their drug erratication program.[/quote']

I was wondering if they hit the vineyards, and fields where grain is grown for beer and other alchohols.

I didn't take it as such. Just if it has already been done and it did not turn out well' date=' then best to move on. =)[/quote']

Too late; you already started it. Nothing to do now but say

Lucius Alexander

IN BEFORE THE LOCK with a palindromedary

I have not seen this scenario yet, but hopefully I did not overlook it.

The most powerful hero or hero team (not villians) has decided things are spiraling out of control on the planet. First he/she/it/them moves against the drug czars. The news reports several massive fires at major drug plantations across the world. He/she/it/them is very careful to ensure the safety of people near the fires, but the drug crops and production facilities are destroyed. He/she/it/them make an announce stating any attempt to rebuild the planations will be dealt w/swiftly. He/she/it/them then move against terrorism and hit locations in the Middle East, Africa, North Korea, and other locations around the world all but elimating the ability of the terrorist from putting together any serious threat. Again he/she/it/them make an announcement stating any attempt to rebuild will be swiftly dealt with. You and/or your team find out the next thing on his/her/its/their list is third world dictatorships. The plan is to bring down all dictators and enstall a democratic/representitive government. What do you do and at what point would you/team act?

Proteus would probably tell he/she/them that the work so far is nice, but that trying to change the type of government a country has is simply beyond the realm of super powers - unless you have LOTS of mind control - and suggest he go do something useful.

My Character, Terminus, would probably jump right in and start helping the world changers.

He's from an alternate Earth with a world government that works. While using force to create one here wouldn't sit overly well, he'd also realize it's probably the only way it's going to happen.

Voltage: Would simply talk to Big Blue. "Think about what you're doing. Are you possessed or mind-controlled, here? Look; yes all these are problems, bad problems, but this isn't the way to solve them! You once said it, yourself. Humanity must be allowed to climb to it's own destiny. Our job isn't to drag them to the top of that mountain. Our job is to catch them if they fall. But we have to let them climb on their own."

Tao would see his (I'm just going to default) point as she considers most human organizations inefficent and wasteful, but her orders would be her at odds with the "world changer".

Valkyrie would try to reason with him, pointing how many times attempts to bring about a better world from the top down have ended in disaster, using her considerable knowledge of history and relevant facts. Her basic philosophy is that violence is usually on a stopgap solution at best to any real problems

Shidoku is street level character and thus unsuited to this.

Eve and Velocity would be in much the same boat as Valkeyrie.

Too late; you already started it. Nothing to do now but say

LOL.

Ok, here goes:

Quantum - After the burning of the drug plantations, would confrot he/she/it/them (if its a them, Quantum would bring backup) and try to reason with he/she/it/them. He most likely not take any aggressive action at this time unless attacked. After the second action by he/she/it/them, Quantum would be forced to try apprehend he/she/it/them. This would involving lots and lots of planning and study to try to find how to end any fight as quickly, painlessly, and w/as little property damage as possible.

Stone - Serves the drug czars and terrorist right. Dictators? Bah! worlds better off w/out them. If it stopped there, it's unlikely Stone would get involved unless any fight from getting out of hand.

Spectre - Drug Czars, terrorist, dictators are all guilty of crimes againsy the innocent and should be hunted down. He would wonder what took he/she/it/them so long to figure it out. Now, lets get down to business. Here is a list of the guilty.

Scarface: Sign him up. He's in there, guns blazing, cheerfully helping them out and occasionally picking up (more like off) people they've missed. Even if they couldn't care less about him (most likely the case), he'll be using their far more public campaigns as justification for his likely far bloodier ones.

Void (and most of the others): "Do you have any *idea* how short-sighted this is? Let's say that this doesn't go south in the immediate future... which, mind, it's likely to do. Let's say that you guys aren't forced to become 'benevolent' dictators to continue to keep things peaceful. Let's go along with the cheering masses of fans you have and say the power never goes to your heads. Answer these questions:

"1: What happens when you kick the bucket, or retire, or otherwise somebody else has to take over from you who isn't as trustworthy?

"2: Have you even thought about the fact that your acts have larger implications, ones that aren't as pretty and peaceful as you paint them? If you have, it certainly doesn't look like it - so, what are you doing about the economic collapse of countries involved in the drug trade? What will you do if the democratically elected leaders of these countries are as bad as, or worse than, the people you've ousted? And please don't tell me it won't happen. It already has, and that was with a hell of a lot more than a handful of people watching out for it."

Anthem: "We did what?!"

I kid! I kid! Though the Freedom Patrol, pound for pound, ranks on the first tier in their world, and in terms of heroes are probably the most potent - and skilled - team. But, alas, they are super-spooks in the employ of the government, and many of them are proponents of democratic ideals, law and order, and even *shudder* doing good, doing right, and being generally spiffy. No individual or group of individuals has the right to usurp the will of the people, who express that will via their government and its duly authorized enforcement and defense mechanisms, and who have the sole monopoly on the legitimate use of force within the constitutional framework. As a result, those who would undermine the peopleand must be stopped. And the Freedom Patrol would likely be the point of the spear.

On the other hand, they would be disinclined to interfere with this group unless these counter-democratic-dictatorial-scum (CDDS) did it within the boundaries of the United States, or interfered with US interestes abroad. As a result, should the CDDS start somewhere other than the US, they would likely collect intelligence and make plans for the day they were given orders to hit them - and when they did hit them they wouldn't bother to call them out or do it with the kid gloves. They'd hit them when their guard was down, when they were not together, and with every nasty trick and weakness exploiting tactic in the book.