• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Your "2007" Pet Gaming Projects

Star Hero: Improve/Update my Alternity Hero Conversion

Update and publish my Wing Commander Hero conversion

Fantasy Hero: Update and publish my Shadow World conversion

New project: Publish a web comic based on our gaming groups adventures

New project: Write/Submit a couple of "Super" secret DH articles.

Okay, this is going to be somewhat elaborate:

In the past two posts on my weblog (which can be found at http://count_zeroor.livejournal.com), I describe this massive crossover self-insertion fanfic thing I did in high school with my friends in my high school Anime club. Well, I'm going to resurrect this, with my college friends. And, I'm going to do my damnedest to write everything up (in part as a way to get familiar with the HERO system, and in part to keep my stories consistent), in HERO system. I'll try to put this all up on my web site (in part as a great way to drive up traffic to my web site :thumbup:).

I just need, in addition to the sourcebooks I've already got (in physical dead-tree), Ninja Hero, Fantasy Hero, and Star Hero, and I've already got PDFs of the last two (to tide me over until I get the dead-tree versions, I prefer dead tree versions).

This will entail:

• Creating myself and the friends who have agreed to be included, and the various selected powers and weapons).
  • The anime characters I'm inserting.
  • The various mecha I'm inserting, both original, (like the Ahea Gundam, which has as a primary weapon, an Energy Glaive - as in the polearm), and borrowed (like the Zaku)
  • The various spaceships I'll be using, both original and borrowed (such as the Nadesico).
  • And, possibly, much more.

If this gets as far off the ground as I've hoped, I could theoretically write up a full-fledged netbook, which really excites me.

Hmmm. Looking over 2006, I see I submitted, Depths of Space, Dark Champions, and Fourth Age.

Of those three, I'm extremely pleased to say Fourth Age is a running campaign at Hero Central currently and quickly gaining in intensity and fervor from the players.

For 2007, I'd love Fourth Age to continue while pushing my Pulp Setting: Annals of the Mask forward. Depths of Space sits on the backburner and may see some more work in 2k7 as well, we'll see.

I'd also like to do some more work on getting stories from the RCU out there to Hero-dome.

I didn't participate last year (I don't think) so I will do so now. I will finish HALO HERO this year barring the update from 2.0 to 3.0. I'll be reviving the thread, polishing a lot of my models (now that I have a PC that doesn't think eggplants are a romantic interest, power-wise) and generally refining the entire thing.

Look for complete character write ups for the major NPCs, final word on a lot of vehicles, and as soon as they release HALO 3 and HALO WARS I'll be adding any new goodness from there as well.

HALO in 2007.

When the Covenant comes, will you be ready? HALO 3: Finish the Fight.

ill be continuing work on my UK hero project

now i have hero designer I'm going to be practicing making all 150 plus heroes and villains( some of them running through there whole careers from novice hero to cosmic power house ) .

with individuals and teams stretching from Pre-Victorian to the present day and beyond.

plus a full write up of the government agency its police and military and covert operations arms and 3 villain organizations. not to mention a description of the UK hero scene and broader international trends.

lots of fun for me this year and next and next probably.

For now, I'm populating Millenium City. I want to know who the PCs could interact with, and how those NPCs interact with each other. I'm putting stats and names (and hopefully faces) to all the organizations in MC. Other aspects of a Champions Campaign will follow

Second line projects are a Knights of the Old Republic era campaign for Star Wars and a 50 years post-Return of the Jedi campaign

My two main projects are:

The Centurians Project...Some day I'll finish it, some day...For those not in the know, the Centurians is a team of 100 Super heroes that I toy with...

Also My fantacy world, right now working on the North Eastern portion of the starting continent, a land inhabitat by Orc-kin of all kinds...

Mine are these:

The Crusaders. This is my demonstration campaign that I run at my local gaming store that uses pre-generated characters in order to teach the rules of the Hero System to gamers and non-gamers alike.

Global Defense Initiative: My events for Origins this year starring the Sapphire Squad and Force Aquarius in more UFO/USO action.

The Force of Nine: My events for GenCon this year starring the 31st century's fledgling defense force.

I will also continue populating the cities of Liberty Metropolis (both 21st and 31st century versions) and Novosibiersk as well as the North Atlantic Ocean.

I have one "project" and one "help a friend with" project.

I have started a campaign that is set in New England and has a sort of Buffy/X-Files feel (or at least I hope it will). The main character (and only current player in the game) has just been blessed/cursed with Buffy like abilities, but has no watcher type to tell him why he has these abilities or how he should use them. While I have already started running it, I need to do research on legends/urban myths of the area as well as strange places and such. I also need a name for the project. I never was good at coming up with campaign names.

The second is help a friend who has decided to create a wiki site for one of my old campaigns and expand on it. So far, we have this:

http://soylent.supapimp.com/wiki/index.php/PWNSHG:Main_Page

I actually ran the campaign 3 separate times for 3 very different gaming groups. I tried to make each group part of a continuous time line, but I ended up revamping the time line each time. This project is my kind of project, as I can put stuff up whenever and don't feel any pressure to post stuff every week.

2007? I haven't finished my project for 2006 yet. Heck' date=' I haven't even [b']started[/b] my project for 2006 yet! (Maybe I should get on that ...)

I was looking at the 2004 list, those are 90% undone...oh, well...other good stuff happened.

I really want/even need to complete Cyber Ninja Pirates, just going through a painful process of writing the book, mechanics seem reasonably complete based on playtesting.

Aside from that:

- really want to get my x-champs write-ups caught up, started and then fell behind again

- I always have the back-burner project of posting my old gaming stuff, that was on the 2004 list and have to admit who knows when that will happen; it loses out in priority as its all history and documentation and my current stuff is always more interesting and generally better, but I would like to have the vault open to others

A new 'official' version of Prof. Muerte would be great LL. A couple of my heroes' background involve the late Professor. Even though I have played Champions for many years I never owned any of the older source material so I have no Idea of his history or anything like that. I know that Enforcer84 did an 'unofficisl' version of him in his hero a day thread, it did not involve any of his origianl background. Hopefully I will be able to somehow get the issue of DH that he will appear in.

Well, I must say that the support is encouraging. :) Just to reiterate, though, I haven't even made my formal proposal to Dave Mattingly yet. I do have nearly completed character sheets for five of six characters I plan to submit, and most of their background text. I don't use Hero Designer, so getting everything properly formatted and tallied so that it's fit to publish is somewhat labor-intensive, although some of the spreadsheets I downloaded from Free Stuff have helped immensely. :thumbup: I'm exploring elements of the system that I haven't dealt with much before, such as the Automaton rules, because I want these designs to have some mechanical as well as conceptual originality. I have to admit that I'm enjoying the creative stretch.

I'm designing Professor Muerte's background to draw from past published precedent but to fit him into the official Champions Universe timeline. It should be fairly easy to use him in an original campaign setting, though. The concept provides a rationale for inserting him into an ongoing campaign without having to explain where he's been before.

I expect to have the article in a state to approach Dave with by the end of the month. I intend to use this stuff regardless of whether it's published, so it's all good. BTW the Professor is built on 800 character points, and his minions run from 350 to 773. I've included the usual notes for scaling power level up or down.

As far as my Pet Project for 2007

I am writing a timeline for my champions universe. For now it starts in 1940 but I will eventually go back. Also I am writing up the Marverl and DC heroes who exist in my universe. I also hope to get some notes and racial packages done on my fantasy world that I just recently decided to convert to Hero.

What I'm working on so far:

I'm continuing work on Space Wizards, my setting book for magic in outer space in the 34th through 36th centuries of the Hero Universe. I'd originally hoped to have the manuscript done by this spring, but real life and other projects have slowed down progress somewhat; I'll probably have it reader for reviewers close to the end of the year or shortly thereafter (depending somewhat on what HG's early 2008 schedule looks like -- I'm really, really hoping to see Galactic Federation).

For DH, you can look forward to mostly Star Hero stuff as usual. Next to be published should be a trio of martial arts organizations from around the galaxy. Also coming are alien species within the Terran Empire that have been mentioned but not detailed; more cybernetics for the Imperial Era; and an expansion of Imperial military ships. Outside Star Hero I have a write-up of the Interviewing Skill, and a fix to Musical Instrument Familiarity to make it more closely match what really goes on in a musician's head.

As mentioned above I am working on my Champs timeline. Here is what I have so far (still very much a work in progress) When looking at it, just a few things that you should know. There are no aliens, no mythological deities and no extra dimensional beings or races. etc. So I have altered certain heroes origins to fit them into my world. I will eventually post the completed version, from 1940-2007, when it is done in the Champions section.

McMinisverse Time Line (Time before 1940 still in works)

1940- Bruce Wayne is born to Dr. Thomas Wayne and his wife Martha. Alan Scott discovers a ancient lantern and ring made of a strange green metal he soon discovers their powers and begins figthing crime as the Green Lantern. Air Force pilot Capt. Steve Trevor's plane goes down in the Pacific Ocean, he washes ashore on the island of Themyscira, which is ruled by a matriarchal society. The people are long lived and the women possess superhuman abilities. He tells the queen of the problems of the outside world and she decides to send a champion into the man's world. A tounament is held and the queen's daughter Diana wins it. She returns with Capt. Trevor and Wonder Woman is introduced to the world

1941- U.S. enters WWII. Steve Rogers becomes Captain America and along with his side kick Bucky, Union Jack of England, Namor of Atlantis, the Original Human Torch, Toro and Wonder Woman the Invaders are born to battle the Nazi's.

1944- During a mission in the Arctic circle Bucky is killed and Captain America falls into the Arctic Ocean and is frozen. The Allies believe both are dead. The Human Torch and Toro storm Hitlers bunker, killing him. WWII ends and the Invaders disband.

1949- Bruce Wayne watches as his parents are gunned down in Crime Alley.

1956- At age 16 Bruce Wayne first dons cape and cowl as Batman.

1961- Bruce Wayne makes 12 year old Dick Greyson his ward, he becomes the first Robin. An unnamed hitman falls into a vat of chemicals while being chased by Batman, The Joker is born. Under Antartica a group of explorers discover a tropical paradise where tribes of primitave humans and dinosaurs roam, the name it The Savage Land.

1962- Barbara Gordon using her gymanastic background becomes Batgirl. Police Scientist Barry Allen of Chicago is bathed in chemicals granting him super speed, he becomes The Flash. D.A Harvey Dent's face is scarred during a trial by an expeimental acid, Two-Face is born.

1963- Barry Allen marries, his wife gives birth to a son, Barry Allen Jr. Victor Freeze, a leading researcher in cryogenics, falls into a vat of liquid nitogen, his body mutates and Mr. Freeze is born.

1965- Butting heads with his mentor Dick Greyson leaves and becomes Nightwing, he also begins dating Barabara Gordon. Professor Charles Xavier, fearing the persecution of mutants, forms his School for Gifted Youngsters. He uses his vast metnal powers to finds five teenage mutants to bring to his school to train to help humanity, hoping doing so will help mutants everywhere. Alan Scott, dying of cancer, uses his ring to find someone with a worthy heart to pass his legacy on to. The ring leads him to young test pilot Hal Jordan.

1966- Dick Greyson and Barabra Gordon marry. Astroanut Steve Austin is a horrible disfuiguring accident, the government performs experimental surgery. Austin becomes the world's first cyborg, the 'Six Million Dollar Man.' He goes to work for the government in a new orginization to deal with superhuman threats, Primus.

1967- Following America exmple the U.N creates it's own body to deal with interantional superhuman threats and U.N.T.I.L. is created.

1968- Barbara Gordon gives birth to Dick Greyson Jr. Weapon inventor Tony Stark goes to Vietnam to see how his weapons work. A piece of shrapnel gets imbeded in his chest and he is captured. He is forced to build weapons but instead builds a suit to save his life and fights his way to freedom as Iron Man

1969- Young hot shot quarterback Joe Namath of the AFL's Gotham City Knights predicts his team will defeat the highly favored NFL's Baltimore Colts. He leads the Knights to victory giving Gotham City their first and to date only Super Bowl championship. Tony Stark paints his Iron Man armor gold.

1970- Bruce Wayne takes Jason Todd as his new ward, he becomes the second boy to don the Robin costume. Xavier forms his first team of X-Men. They battle Magneto for the first time. The Joker shoots Barbara Gordon, paralyzing her.

1971- Iron Man debuts his new sleeker red & gold armor.

1974- Jason Todd is killed by the Joker. Selina Kyle gives up her life of crime as Catwoman and begins fighting crime along side of Batman. Havok and Polaris join the X-Men. Magneto forms his Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. Henry Pym discovers Pym particles and begins his career as Ant-Man.

1975- Henry Pym marries Janet Van-Dyne. Janet beomes the Wasp.

1976- Barry Allen Jr's mutant powers manifest and he adopts the costumed identity of Kid Flash. Bruce Wayne & Selina Kyle marry.

1978- Bruce Banner is bathed in gamma energy during a bomb test, the Hulk is born. Henry Pym uses his Pym particles to grow for the first time, becoming Giant Man.

1980- Tim Drake becomes the ward of the Waynes and becomes the third to don the Robin outfit. Selina Wayne gives birth to Thomas Bruce Wayne. Reed Richards, Johnny Storm, Ben Grimm and Susan Storm become the first civilians to pilot a rocket into space. Their rocket passes through a strange space anomoly, altering their DNA granting them super powers. They form the Fantastic Four. Namor of Atlantis is found living as a vagabond in New York City with amnesia, his memory is restored and he leaves to look for his people. Samuel Stearns is exposed to gamma energy and beomes the Leader.

1981- Namor finds Atlantis and takes his rightful place on the throne. After six months he grows restless and leaves Atlantis to explore the world. Emil Blonsky is subjected to gamma radiation by the leader and becomes the Abomination.Henry Pym changes his costume and his hero name to Goliath.

1982- While wandering Namor finds the frozen body of Captain America, recognizing his old comrade he frees him and returns him to the United States. The news shows the Hulk on a rampage and a call for heroes to stop him. Captain America, Namor, The Flash, Batman, Wasp and Goliath answer the call. They battle the Hulk to a standstill. They decide to stay together as a team to help defend against larger threats and the Justice Squadron is born. The Hulk flees to Canada and battles Wolverine and the Wendigo. The Fantastic Four battle Doctor Doom for the first time. Namor returns to the ocean for a time. Wonder Woman joins the Justice Squadron. Dr. Leonard Samson is exposed to gamma radiation giving super human strength and resistance to harm, unlike the Hulk, Leader & Abomination only his hair turns green. He battles the Hulk for the first time.

1983- Bruce Banners cousin Jennifer Walters is shot, Banner gives her a blood transfusion but the gamma energy in his blood alters Walters' body. Jennifer would become the She-Hulk, unlike the Hulk however she maintained her normal intelligence.

1984- The Hulk mutates and becomes smaller with grey skin and higher intelligence, gets a job in Vegas as Joe Fixit. The X-Men battle Genocide minutemen robots for the first time. Nine year old Matt Murdock is blinded by radioactive chemicals while saving an old man, his remaining senses are heightened to superhuman levels.

1985- The battle of Detroit takes place. The Flash, Iron Man, Iceman and Angel are among the heroes killed by Dr. Destroyer. Beast, attempting to cure himself, mutates further his causing his body to becom covered with blue fur. Havok and Polaris leave the X-Men to return to school. Barry Allen Jr. takes his fathers place as the Flash. Charles Xavier recruits his second team of X-Men. Harvey Dent a.k.a. Two Face dies of a heart attack while in Arkham Asylum.

1986- Batman and Catwoman die in a massive explosion caused by the Joker. A body dressed in the Joker's torn and burned purple pin stripe suit is also found, but the remains were unidentifiable. Tim Drake retires as Robin and enters the Gotham City P.D. The X-Men foil Count Nefaria's plot to take over NORAD. Matt Murdock begins his training under Stick. The Hulk reverts back to his savage green form.

1987- Dick Greyson begins training Thomas Wayne in the art of crime fighting.

Wow, lots and lots of people doing a lot good stuff, looks like. Lot of GM stuff. I don't personally do that much of it anymore. Mostly I'm a player now but I like to help with things in my off-time.

I used to be big into miniatures, and I'm slowly getting back into it. I have been making miniatures for our group as of late, though slowly, and this year I'm thinking of expanding on that.

My passion is the custom miniature. Slowly, I'm learning to sculpt. So my plan this year is to build a cast of heroes, villains, and even places (yes, terrain pieces) to slowly build bits of the world that will eventually populate a Champions/Dark Champions world.

While doing this, I want to document how I went about it to place on a website or in articles to help those who wish to do some of the same stuff. All of this done in terms a regular gaming joe with some enthusiasm could relate to and do himself were he so inclined... basically take on a section of gaming many don't deal with too much.

Heroclix are nice, but subpar to me... but even they can be improved on.