Altered Reality (making yourself)

RPMiller

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Altered Reality (making yourself)

Yep. That's it. I just noted, in an earlier post in this thread, that you could use IQ/10 to approximate INT. An "average" IQ is theoretically 100, which (divided by 10) would equate to a 10 INT. A 200 IQ would be near-record level genius, and would equate to a 20 INT. I believe the highest IQ ever measured was 228, which would equate to a 23 INT, etc.

My own IQ usually tests at around 160, which is why I gave myself a 16 INT. :)

It occurs to me I should probably have +4 PRE with Costs END. I can usually still do the whole Command Presense routine, but I can't keep it up for very long. ;)

Also, I made a joke before about needing a "training montage" to get back in shape. But you know that might actually be a neat trick for avoiding a certain amount of player grousing: structure the plot so that the PCs have say a month or so at the beginning to get back in shape and polish their (existing) skills. That saves you some argument over what’s a Skill and what’s a Familiarity. It’s kindof a “cinematic” solution, but like I said if it makes for a more enjoyable game, so what?

Also' date=' I made a joke before about needing a "training montage" to get back in shape. But you know that might actually be a neat trick for avoiding a certain amount of player grousing: structure the plot so that the PCs have say a month or so at the beginning to get back in shape and polish their (existing) skills. That saves you some argument over what’s a Skill and what’s a Familiarity. It’s kindof a “cinematic” solution, but like I said if it makes for a more enjoyable game, so what?[/quote']

Hey, that's a good idea. I'm gonna use that next time I run a game of that sort...

Hmm. I think I'll use the points I get for "selling" my characteristics (damn you lazy bastard) to buy my...hmm. I have no appreciable skill either.

Uhm....

PS: Makes Halfway Witty Remarks 11-

Oddly enough with my crushing disadvantages I should have a superheroic character...my player is screwing me over with an abundance of unspent points!

Hmm. I think I'll use the points I get for "selling" my characteristics (damn you lazy bastard) to buy my...hmm. I have no appreciable skill either.

Uhm....

Oddly enough with my crushing disadvantages I should have a superheroic character...my player is screwing me over with an abundance of unspent points!

Maybe the GM set the disadvantages cap at 25, but your player is the type who likes to heap on tons of extra disads for their roleplay value.

Uhm....

Maybe you have Contacts that you've never met? Maybe you Summoned a belly dancer from Mumbai and she has to get here under her own power? Maybe you have Telepathy: Alien class of minds and are going to come in real handy when they invade?

Maybe you have Contacts that you've never met? Maybe you Summoned a belly dancer from Mumbai and she has to get here under her own power? Maybe you have Telepathy: Alien class of minds and are going to come in real handy when they invade?

I hope to God you are my player....

For myself, I would include the following on the skill list:

'I've read about that somewhere' PS Reader 11-

'I've heard about that somewhere' PS Listener 11-

'I've seen this before' PS Observer 11-

These would cover things like Current Events, Pop Culture, Trivia as well as General Knowledge and Useful Info type of things...

What guidelines do people use' date=' if any, for making [u']real[/u] people? For example, if you were to make yourself, how many points would you be, what would your stats look like? Are there some actual measurements that can be used to create yourself? I'm assuming that most people would have some serious disads. Probably more than they have point limits for. Has anyone tried this using 5th?

NOTE: My biggest concern, and I'm absolutely serious, is players "overestimating" their abilities, and just as important "underestimating" their abilities.

I'd give myself -20 base points, like an incompetent normal. But then, I have Depression issues.