Dorkiest Hero/Villian

Mightybec

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by mattingly

And he can take on the entire Green Lantern Corps by himself!

Hmmm...I wonder...would he have to turn *other* stuff yellow? What do you suppose would happen if he turned their RINGS yellow? Would they just shut off? Be unable to project the emerald energy at all? It might even drain them completely -- after all, being yellow, the emerald energy probably couldn't be stored in them, and it would just dissapate.

Originally posted by Superskrull

Ah yes, the Biernbaum era. I loved some of their stuff, hated some of it and was indifferent to much. I liked that they made the Subs as effective as they could have been. Even if they had to fudge a power or two. Much as I liked seeing Stone Boy kickin' ass, surely the power of movement while stone would have been mentioned before,somewhere.

(Polar Boy) Yeah, remember why he didn't make the cut before? Thjey were afraid his powers might get out of control and damage things. Something you apparently wouldn't have happen with people like Element Lad, Sun Boy or Lightning Lad, of course.

(Color Kid) Considering his power to control coloration, there's a whole host of things he could do to mess with people. Naturally, my favorite scene with him is from the old DC Presents with Superman and Ambush Bug. The Bug is trying to pull off Antennae Lad's ears 'cause he thinks they're fake and Color Kid shoots this rainbow of harmless light at him. Ambush Bug responds with "Oh no! Technicolor!" or something to that effect.

(Stone Boy) Actually, the partial transformation skill came along well before the Biernbaum era. Way back when Dynamo Boy infiltrated the Legion, got the rest of the Legionnaires expelled on Trumped-up charges, and then inducted the Legion of Super-Villains, Stone Boy used this ability when the Subs tried to take on the "reformed" LSV.

(Polar Boy) The reason given for his rejection annoyed me greatly, especially considering they'd ALREADY had stories where both Lightning Lad and Sun Boy had lost control of their powers. This actually caused enough grief that much later the then-writers retconned this to say the real reason he'd been rejected was because he was 1 year below the minimum age requirement of 14.

(DC Comics Presents) I've got a love-hate relationship with this comic. I love:

* Seeing the Subs get some seldom-offered "screen time"

* Ambush Bug

* The laugh-a-minute madcap pace

* Giffen still drawing like he actually has talent

* Superman being drawn in the old Seigle&Shuster style

* Infectious Lass (le rowr rowr!) -- her best look yet!

I hated:

* Seeing the Subs made laughingstocks (something the thrice-d@mned Giffen took to extremes later) though seeing Superman ALSO made to look bad was some compensation

* Ambush Bug (I love to hate this guy) :)

* Seeing the Subs made laughingstocks (did I already mention this?)

Still and all, that comic is one of my prized possessions.

Lamest Of The Lame

I nominate for the Most Lame Villain in a Superhero Comic/Movie/TV Series--

The Wedding Destroyer, from "Lois & Clark"

What--did they think "Great! We got Delta Burke to be on the show, what do we do with her? I KNOW!! We have her attempt to destroy Lois & Clark's wedding! In fact, that's what she does! She's--she's--THE WEDDING DESTROYER!"

Oh, yeah. Sign her up for the Legion Of Doom. Better call out the entire DC Universe to take her down. In fact, you might have to call in the Avengers, the X-Men, the A-Team and Mutant X to defeat her. After all, she's not Darkseid, or Galactus, or Gozer the Gozerian, or Casanova Frankenstein--she's the Wedding Destroyer!!!!!

In the comics, Superman fights enemies like Darkseid, Doomsday, Imperiex--monsters and menaces capable of not just destroying worlds, but the universe. In "Lois & Clark," he could barely handle an enemy trying to destroy his wedding. Talk about a total lack of respect for the character. :mad:

Someday, I'll be able to forget about the--uggh--Wedding Destroyer. But not today.

Here's a few more oldies but "goodies":

K The Unknown

Prize Comics No. 1 (Mar.'40)

The name and costume were so bad that in his second appearance the editors change his costume and name to The Black OwlPrize Comics No.2-68 (Aug.'41-Feb/Mar'48)

Airmale & Stampy

Prize Comics No.34-43 (Sept'43-July'44)

I'm suprised that this character wasn't reconned into the villian Postal