Has anyone written up Doc Savage??

gewing

Re: Libido and lobotomies

Originally posted by Kevin Scrivner

On the other hand, there IS something calculating and inhuman about Doc. His emotional aloofness from lesser mortals, his insecurity about woman, his tendancy to manipulate others without developing real relationships all indicate that his super-scientific training may have done strange things to his psyche. You get the uncomfortable suspicion that Clark Savage, Jr., and Marvel Comics' Magneto might see eye-to-eye on some things.

Has anyone read Philip José Farmer's "A Feast Unknown"? It features "Lord Gandrith" (Tarzan) and "Doc Caliban" (Doc Savage) and it offers some insights into those pulp heroes strange psyches. I've not read the other books in the series, though.

... any thoughts on other Hero renditions of Planetary characters?

That would be pretty cool.

Re: Re: Libido and lobotomies

Originally posted by Rene

Has anyone read Philip José Farmer's "A Feast Unknown"? It features "Lord Gandrith" (Tarzan) and "Doc Caliban" (Doc Savage) and it offers some insights into those pulp heroes strange psyches. I've not read the other books in the series, though.

Those books (the others in the series were more purely pulpish), the Other Log of Phineus Fogg, Tarzan Alive!, and A Night in the Lonsome October (Zelazny) were the basis for my Pulp Heroes campaign, and are a big part of the backstory for my Champions campaign. Great books. :)

• 4 years later...